Invis

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Greneth
Wizard

Re: Invis

Post by Greneth » 04 Jan 2018 14:25

mallor wrote:
You're kinda missing the main point here, once in invis all that has no consequence, hence no "counter". Once in plain sight all those have an easy "counter" in form of consequence to your actions. So as there's resist to spells, or ways to see hidden people, there should be a similar way of seeing invis people, and I don't mean killing a huge ass NPC with 0.0001% drop of an item you then need to wear to be able to see invis, and don't even get me started on why minos can't wear MASKS. So it can be a skill or spell/ability that does that, implementation details don't really matter. Maybe not as simple as eating a herb, but definitely not as hard as killing Vermi 1000 times.
I'm not even going to touch upon your "Counters"

No you're missing the point. You all believe that one mask is all there is, your ignorance is not an excuse for shouting "Nerf it!" or "Make it easy for me!"

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 04 Jan 2018 22:39

Keep the ignorance to yourself, thanks. None of those items are as easily attainable as skills or stats, not to mention restrictions they have, for instance pure snow-white.

Greneth
Wizard

Post by Greneth » 05 Jan 2018 06:02

mallor wrote:Keep the ignorance to yourself, thanks. None of those items are as easily attainable as skills or stats, not to mention restrictions they have, for instance pure snow-white.
*smallest violin in the world playing you a sad sad tune*

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 05 Jan 2018 08:09

Chill people, I'd prefer not having to move a perfectly fine discussion thread to flames. The only forum rules we have are on the top of the page, just below the Genesis header. See the first paragraph, especially the last part.:)

Personally I do not think an ability like invisibility should have a simple and easy to attain counter, but perhaps it's a bit too rare now. As for herbs, even very rare herbs will over time become relatively abundant since herbs save forever (unless you stop logging in or use them). Before we know it everyone has 20+ see invis herbs, and the ability is suddenly useless. This was exactly what happened to mittikna, and partly why it was nerfed. The other part of why it was nerfed was because it had never been AoB cleared in the first place before entering the game. But what happened was that darkness vision over time went from rare to extremely common, making those guild abilities, and the rare items, completely obsolete.

And no, it's not Chanele's fault mittikna was nerfed. Several players complained and as AoP I brought it to Cotillion's (the AoB at the time) attention, and he changed it, which I completely agreed with. So blame us!:) I think it was a very good change, and it should never had been that powerful in the first place.

Anyway, I do think there is room for a few more invis-counters in the game. It's not something we are unaware of, and for example Ravenloft was supposed to include nice good invis-counters, but as you all now that domain is currently on ice. But, Arman has mentioned such things are in the works, so that's good news I think.

Toferth
Wanderer

Post by Toferth » 05 Jan 2018 11:37

There are at least few guilds that can see invis that i'm aware of (and i'm total noob).. so get a friend who can do it, or hire one.. it's *multiplayer* game ffs.

If I can't kill some monster, I find someone to do it for me - same rule applies here :)

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 05 Jan 2018 14:17

Toferth wrote:There are at least few guilds that can see invis that i'm aware of (and i'm total noob).. so get a friend who can do it, or hire one.. it's *multiplayer* game ffs.

If I can't kill some monster, I find someone to do it for me - same rule applies here :)
You can not see who is the pest, so you hire someone to be with you 24h in case the invisible person appears again?
Not it this game.

Well, if you could hire an npc for an hour or so, who could accompany you and detect invisible creatures that would could solve it.

There was and still is a general unbalance between physical fighters and magic users.
Magic users have their powers/spells at constant disposal (if only possesing needed components) and their counters - resistances generally are too rare/hard to get, with a few exceptions like fire resistances which are quite common.
Yeah, i found about a new resistance item (necklace) but it comes with such quirks that render it unusuable and noone uses it.

Alteor
Adept

Post by Alteor » 05 Jan 2018 17:27

As for mage vs everyone else balance...

A simple thing to do would be that sufficiently high damage on short time, and some habilities, to explicitly interrupt spellcasting.

Like... how most other games done.

I am quite surprised in Genesis is hard to interrupt spellcasting.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 05 Jan 2018 19:16

Alteor wrote:As for mage vs everyone else balance...

A simple thing to do would be that sufficiently high damage on short time, and some habilities, to explicitly interrupt spellcasting.

Like... how most other games done.

I am quite surprised in Genesis is hard to interrupt spellcasting.
Used to be alot easier, for some reason its more or less impossible now unless you have a JBS

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 29 Jan 2018 22:57

Invisibile harasser's worst enemy = a bucket of paint.

Maybe we code one - you can only carry one at a time. If you want you can <throw paint> in a room with a tiny % chance of it hitting an invisible player and revealing them. If they do body-contact emotes that get noticed, it changes to 50% for 10 seconds or something.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 29 Jan 2018 23:10

gorboth wrote:Invisibile harasser's worst enemy = a bucket of paint.

Maybe we code one - you can only carry one at a time. If you want you can <throw paint> in a room with a tiny % chance of it hitting an invisible player and revealing them. If they do body-contact emotes that get noticed, it changes to 50% for 10 seconds or something.

G.

Or how about make glimmerroot work like it should and reveal invis? :P

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/