Qualinesti elves and loot

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Luma
Adept

Re: Qualinesti elves and loot

Post by Luma » 15 Jan 2018 07:08

I still don't think this is a good solution because no matter how skilled of a thief you are, and if you have all the luck in the world on your side, you can't get all the money they are holding. I don't think this is fair. Thieves can steal from players, they can steal from NPCs. Most players are not thieves, and most of the time, NPCs haven't had their money stolen. If stealing from NPCs stops being a good option for thieves, they will turn to players. I think we would all prefer to have NPCs without money every once in awhile, then have OUR coin purses and inventories emptied.

Most characters hate it when thieves steal as much as the next person, but most hate it, even more, when they steal from them personally. Thieves are people too, and they have to make money using their skills. I think we can all agree that we prefer it when thieves steal from NPCs, then out of our characters pockets. Sometimes, it's better to have a bit less loot, then to have a bit less full inventory.

(edit: realized this was in character and made corrections)
Last edited by Luma on 16 Jan 2018 01:48, edited 1 time in total.

Toferth
Wanderer

Post by Toferth » 15 Jan 2018 17:28

I used to rob them as well long time ago, but quickly figured out it's smart to leave half of loot there not to break game for others.

On the other hand the problem that could be addressed is heap stealing (i think it's as easy to steal 1 gc or 1000gc).

Lastly - they should aggro on failed steal - which atm they don't (afair, it's been a long time since I robbed them).
Unless those filthy forest creatures like being touched ;)

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 15 Jan 2018 18:00

Toferth wrote:I used to rob them as well long time ago, but quickly figured out it's smart to leave half of loot there not to break game for others.

On the other hand the problem that could be addressed is heap stealing (i think it's as easy to steal 1 gc or 1000gc).

Lastly - they should aggro on failed steal - which atm they don't (afair, it's been a long time since I robbed them).
Agreed, one item per theft and if you fuck up, autoattack

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 15 Jan 2018 18:49

I say buff thieves and make them playable. Instead of complaining about them doing what little they actually can do.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 15 Jan 2018 20:36

npcs used to auto-attack on a failed steal attempt, it was a nice way to trigger an autoimpale when starting a fight. I don't think it was an "abuse" since back then only thieves could actually attempt stealing, but people still complained day and night over this, I think that was the reason their attack got removed. I'm sure that players will be able to find a way to nicely abuse npcs attacking them instead of vice versa and then in a few weeks after such a change there will be another long thread about "take this away! too OP!" etc :P

Life is hard for thieves as it is. Don't make it any worse, so the guild can attract more "real rogue" players as opposed to griefers who only care to spoil life in genesis for others.

Greneth
Wizard

Post by Greneth » 16 Jan 2018 04:44

Toferth wrote:I used to rob them as well long time ago, but quickly figured out it's smart to leave half of loot there not to break game for others.

No its much harder to steal heaps than it is to steal a few coins.

The guild has already been beaten to the ground just leave them alone and go sell loot like everyone else.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/