Sheathed weapons upon death.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Manglor
Rising Hero

Sheathed weapons upon death.

Post by Manglor » 17 Jan 2018 01:19

Can a wizard offer an explanation as to why if someone has something sheathed in their golden scabbard, and dies, that the weapon disappears?

Drazson
Titan

Re: Sheathed weapons upon death.

Post by Drazson » 17 Jan 2018 01:21

If you put it in your pack won't it disappear?

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Post by Raelle » 17 Jan 2018 01:27

Same thing happens with the Prestigious Knights Club scabbard/holster. I bugreported it after my last death (or mailed AOP, maybe?) but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So I left the club.

(@Drazson - items in your pack just drop with the pack. Items in your scabbard disappear into the void)

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 17 Jan 2018 10:54

Why?

It's an item you can't drop so it doesn't end up in the corpse.
And the weapon is not a auto loading so it doesn't stay with you through death either.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 17 Jan 2018 11:21

I recall there was a bug with items disappearing when you quit with them in a pack, so when quitting out of combat people used to put all items in a pack, so enemies don't get them after quitting.

Might be related...

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 17 Jan 2018 11:41

I recall there was a bug with items disappearing when you quit with them in a pack, so when quitting out of combat people used to put all items in a pack, so enemies don't get them after quitting.
Yup, true. See Dramli's death log in the Logs and Stories section:

https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewt ... =17&t=4008

Cotillion: in your opinion it's ok that a weapon sheathed in a scabbard disappears when a player dies? It makes no sense.

I think it's a bug and should be fixed, eg. the weapon slips out of the scabbard when the player falls to the ground and should be in his/her corpse or lying next to it.

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 17 Jan 2018 14:41

Rincon wrote: Cotillion: in your opinion it's ok that a weapon sheathed in a scabbard disappears when a player dies? It makes no sense.
I think it's a bug and should be fixed, eg. the weapon slips out of the scabbard when the player falls to the ground and should be in his/her corpse or lying next to it.
Yes, of course it should be fixed. But that wasn't the question.
And in the large scale of things its a very minor issue.

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 17 Jan 2018 14:50

cotillion wrote:Why?

It's an item you can't drop so it doesn't end up in the corpse.
And the weapon is not a auto loading so it doesn't stay with you through death either.
Because thematically it makes no sense. I know we often ignore certain things like a billion sharp swords in leather packs...But having recently met Lars with an obsidian longsword sheathed in my golden scabbard, only to lose it...is frustrating at best.
cotillion wrote:Yes, of course it should be fixed. But that wasn't the question.
And in the large scale of things its a very minor issue.
Why not lead with that? Of course it's a minor issue, but no need to get all weird about it.

Toferth
Wanderer

Post by Toferth » 17 Jan 2018 19:47

Afair sword can be stolen from scabbards - unless golden is different.
So you're probably only person using it.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/