Calof/Baxter alignment?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Thalric
Rising Hero

Re: Calof/Baxter alignment?

Post by Thalric » 03 Jun 2018 16:48

As far as I know the size of the enemy doesn't matter in terms of alignment.
It is only the alignment itself that matters.

Which I guess is why so many evil people are killing all the small guards in Kalaman.
It doesn't take a whole lot of time, and they're rather goodaligned.

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 03 Jun 2018 18:34

Dragon turtles are, by no means, tiny!

https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Dra ... le#content

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 04 Jun 2018 01:26

Zugzug wrote:
Cherek wrote:
Zugzug wrote:Just turtles, sharks and serpents. Have to reset them all to get a chance to get more dragon turtles.
I am pretty sure dragon turtles, like most dragons, have evil align?
Thanks for pointing that out. However, Arman did mention previously in this thread that some NPCs were "extra-evil", having more than the normal effect on killers alignment, and a quick round on the bloodsea should not drop me that much. All those creatures are tiny (compared to me), so should have barely noticeable align-hit.

Unfortunately, all evil melee people (all 3 of us, lol!) are still competing for the chance to kill Baxter every day, as any prolonged xp-grind will push us towards good-aligned.
No idea if they are extra evil, I doubt it? Thematically those sea creatures doesn't feel overly evil, so it would seem odd if they were extra evil?

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 04 Jun 2018 05:12

None of the sea creatures have additional penalties to alignment like Baxter/Verminaard... but lie Cherek pointed out dragon turtles are by nature evil.

However the shark, which I assume is a creature you have to kill a lot of, is based on a calia variant that is quite evil. I'll change that to a neutral aligned creature over the coming days.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 04 Jun 2018 11:41

Arman wrote: However the shark, which I assume is a creature you have to kill a lot of, is based on a calia variant that is quite evil. I'll change that to a neutral aligned creature over the coming days.

so, Jaws are based in a Calian tale :-)

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 04 Jun 2018 12:05

Arman wrote:None of the sea creatures have additional penalties to alignment like Baxter/Verminaard... but lie Cherek pointed out dragon turtles are by nature evil.

However the shark, which I assume is a creature you have to kill a lot of, is based on a calia variant that is quite evil. I'll change that to a neutral aligned creature over the coming days.
Ahh, that could be it. There were quite a lot of spawned, unkilled sharks at the time, perhaps someone short on time was looking for only the turtles. Thank you!

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 04 Jun 2018 13:55

Zugzug wrote:
Arman wrote:None of the sea creatures have additional penalties to alignment like Baxter/Verminaard... but lie Cherek pointed out dragon turtles are by nature evil.

Ahh, that could be it. There were quite a lot of spawned, unkilled sharks at the time, perhaps someone short on time was looking for only the turtles. Thank you!
Ok, sharks... while violent, are now unaligned.

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 04 Jun 2018 15:07

Arman wrote:Ok, sharks... while violent, are now unaligned.
What function does "while" serve in this sentence?
What does being aligned or not have to do with violence?

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 04 Jun 2018 18:34

Violents attack everyone on spot?

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 04 Jun 2018 19:57

Syrk wrote:Violents attack everyone on spot?
Sounds like "chaotic stupid" :D

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/