Calof/Baxter alignment?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zugzug
Veteran

Calof/Baxter alignment?

Post by Zugzug » 28 Jan 2018 20:36

Have these two sinned somewhere and are now pretty much neutral?

I also noticed that a lot of "very good" npcs are much more neutral this Armageddon, no?

Arman
Wizard

Re: Calof/Baxter alignment?

Post by Arman » 28 Jan 2018 23:23

Zugzug wrote:Have these two sinned somewhere and are now pretty much neutral?

I also noticed that a lot of "very good" npcs are much more neutral this Armageddon, no?
Calof and Baxter are still holy. At some point code was included that reduced the killers alignment by around a quarter, outside of the alignment system... a very blunt and unbalanced approach, with no good reason for it being needed.

Having coded Calof and Kalaman over 15 years ago, I can't remember if that was something I added. Maybe to stop knights from taking those two bosses out. But having had it brought to my attention I can't think of a good reason to keep such a "penalty".

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 29 Jan 2018 02:18

A good reason is actually that they are keystones for alignment changes :lol:
Though I must say.
This tickles me a bit since it will make it more painful for evils to realign after grinding stuff like Ghastly Keep all day :twisted:
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 29 Jan 2018 03:39

Could a look be taken into wights too then? Is there everything allright with their alignment?
And do not forget about Verminaard.

Greneth
Wizard

Post by Greneth » 29 Jan 2018 09:15

Syrk wrote:Could a look be taken into wights too then? Is there everything allright with their alignment?
Considering you have to clear every single Barrow, including the Dark Wights to go from Damned to Blessed I dont see the problem. If you're Damned++ you'll be lucky to hit Nice-Good. Thats 200+ wights btw.

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 29 Jan 2018 10:38

It might be only me but i find that more evil than good npcs has usefull equipment and i also grind more in evil grind area for myths, so i have a huge problem here.
This is another nerf for evils.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 29 Jan 2018 11:25

Syrk wrote:Could a look be taken into wights too then? Is there everything allright with their alignment?
Wights are fine. Verminaard has had the same treatment as Calof and Baxter.

Any others?

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 29 Jan 2018 11:58

Arman wrote:
Wights are fine. Verminaard has had the same treatment as Calof and Baxter.

Any others?
Orcs in Emerald are the reason I could not get to damned yesterday (and I've tried killing every innocent woman and child around!)

Just getting to the captain makes me lose 2-3 points of alignment, about the same that I gain back by spending an hour slaying those goofy dwarves around solace. Makes getting armours a real pain.

edit: It just seems that those orcs have a special alignment-bonus, compared to their size. They don't even seem all that evil, tbh ;)

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 29 Jan 2018 12:42

Arman wrote:Any others?
Generally for alignment fix evils had Baxter and Calof in Kalaman, and goods Verminaard and wights.
The thing now is wights are legion and quite easy to kill, so goods still can still get their fix quite easily.
Evils can not.
There are elves in Krynn but they are much, much tougher.
To even thing out make wights neutral or create comparable area for the other side.

But there is a problem of equipment arrangement/dispersion.

An example.
Three best headgears are on evil npcs, some of which are protected by as well evil minions.
The best full-armours. The best magic resistant armours (that i know of). Some of weapons that are vital to me.

Generally most equipment i use come from evil npcs, so without align fix i am at disadvantage.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 29 Jan 2018 13:15

Syrk wrote:
Arman wrote:Any others?
Generally for alignment fix evils had Baxter and Calof in Kalaman, and goods Verminaard and wights.
The thing now is wights are legion and quite easy to kill, so goods still can still get their fix quite easily.
Evils can not.
There are elves in Krynn but they are much, much tougher.
To even thing out make wights neutral or create comparable area for the other side.

But there is a problem of equipment arrangement/dispersion.

An example.
Three best headgears are on evil npcs, some of which are protected by as well evil minions.
The best full-armours. The best magic resistant armours (that i know of). Some of weapons that are vital to me.

Generally most equipment i use come from evil npcs, so without align fix i am at disadvantage.
Funny how it seems most of my gear comes from good aligned. Must be a conspiracy.

But i agree, made more mobs aligned so there is possibility to fix. I only know ToA, dwarf camp, hobbits, Argos, drakmere and palanthas with easy mobs that can make you evil.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/