Calof/Baxter alignment?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth
Posts: 1785
Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14

Re: Calof/Baxter alignment?

Post by Draugor » 03 Feb 2018 20:59

Syrk wrote:So now the Grand Grind area in Terel/Avenir became goodies playground?
Terel Trolls are evil, Dark Elves are evil, Undeads in GK are slightly evil (almost neutral).
Yes. I do see conspiracy here.

Trolls and darkelves where always evil tho, but GK is barely evil, but it kinda feels like it has more of an impact now :s

User avatar
Alisa
Hero
Posts: 377
Joined: 16 Nov 2014 23:10

Re: Calof/Baxter alignment?

Post by Alisa » 03 Feb 2018 22:56

Syrk wrote:So now the Grand Grind area in Terel/Avenir became goodies playground?
Terel Trolls are evil, Dark Elves are evil, Undeads in GK are slightly evil (almost neutral).
Yes. I do see conspiracy here.
Considering i moved from agreeable to trustworthy during a 3 hours grind there, i see how it is a problem.

Saimon
Wanderer
Posts: 60
Joined: 26 Jul 2017 23:08

Re: Calof/Baxter alignment?

Post by Saimon » 04 Feb 2018 00:09

Syrk wrote:So now the Grand Grind area in Terel/Avenir became goodies playground?
Terel Trolls are evil, Dark Elves are evil, Undeads in GK are slightly evil (almost neutral).
Yes. I do see conspiracy here.
Quali elves and Ents are all yours.....

Syrk
Rising Hero
Posts: 362
Joined: 06 Jul 2011 22:24

Re: Calof/Baxter alignment?

Post by Syrk » 04 Feb 2018 00:31

Saimon wrote:
Syrk wrote:So now the Grand Grind area in Terel/Avenir became goodies playground?
Terel Trolls are evil, Dark Elves are evil, Undeads in GK are slightly evil (almost neutral).
Yes. I do see conspiracy here.
Quali elves and Ents are all yours.....
You clearly do not understand the difference.

Draugor
Myth
Posts: 1785
Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14

Re: Calof/Baxter alignment?

Post by Draugor » 04 Feb 2018 06:36

Saimon wrote:
Syrk wrote:So now the Grand Grind area in Terel/Avenir became goodies playground?
Terel Trolls are evil, Dark Elves are evil, Undeads in GK are slightly evil (almost neutral).
Yes. I do see conspiracy here.
Quali elves and Ents are all yours.....
You do know there is a gigantic difference first of all in XP given and second in damage given hell, lets toss in the fact that there is real numbers of the damn things? :P Elves hurt ALOT more than GK.
And for the evil side that aint got real tanks (and no, AA are not even close to comparable to Neidar) thats one hell of a problem :P

User avatar
morgzaash
Adventurer
Posts: 98
Joined: 13 Jul 2015 10:25
Location: Sopot, PL
Contact:

Re: Calof/Baxter alignment?

Post by morgzaash » 04 Feb 2018 11:48

Syrk wrote:Yes. I do see conspiracy here.
From official list :
Champion-Legend
War Areas, Krynn/Ansalon (good/evil)
Ogres and Dark Elves, Avenir (neutral?) (for melee players only)
Orcs, Shades, Vampires, Faerun (evil)
Trolls, Neraka (evil)

Myth
Trolls, Terel (evil)
Trolls, Mithas (evil)
Minotaurs, Ice Wall (evil)
Elves, Qualinost (good)
Ents, Fangorn Forest, Gondor (good)
Considering that Ents need special preparation and MMs did not like outsiders there I must agree with Syrk : "evil" players of myth size got less grind areas ....

Syrk
Rising Hero
Posts: 362
Joined: 06 Jul 2011 22:24

Re: Calof/Baxter alignment?

Post by Syrk » 04 Feb 2018 12:10

Alisa wrote: Considering i moved from agreeable to trustworthy during a 3 hours grind there, i see how it is a problem.
Thank you for you witty remark. Are you sure that Terel Trolls move your ali in such amount? I would disagree.

Try to look at it from a different angle.
A good team may work constantly in Terel/Avenir area (and that means not just Ghastly Keep) with almost no breaks as grindlands are close by.
An evil team can not do that anymore as it needs to take "breaks" for align fix and go visit Argosians, as you kindly advised.

User avatar
Alisa
Hero
Posts: 377
Joined: 16 Nov 2014 23:10

Re: Calof/Baxter alignment?

Post by Alisa » 04 Feb 2018 21:58

Syrk wrote:
Alisa wrote: Considering i moved from agreeable to trustworthy during a 3 hours grind there, i see how it is a problem.
Thank you for you witty remark. Are you sure that Terel Trolls move your ali in such amount? I would disagree.

Try to look at it from a different angle.
A good team may work constantly in Terel/Avenir area (and that means not just Ghastly Keep) with almost no breaks as grindlands are close by.
An evil team can not do that anymore as it needs to take "breaks" for align fix and go visit Argosians, as you kindly advised.
So after you have grinded the "good" areas, and prevented good players from being there, you can go to the evil areas and grind there to regain your alignment. It requires travels.
Meantime the good players can "continue" in the barren terel, that is overhunted by everyone. When your align is raised some, you return to terel and compete with the good players in that area.
Since all hunt in terel, there are NO no-break area there.

No, i do not see your problem. I see no alignment-biased problem due to my knowledge of alignment requirements. Do correct me if i am wrong, but all the evil parts are "free" to be good for a while/untill logout now? And multiple good are still auto-kick when dropped into evil.

I may see a "size" of genesis problem, but if gaining new grind-zones are the solution.. Well, i must admit i dont know. Im not settled on any sides in that discussion.

Zugzug
Veteran
Posts: 233
Joined: 20 May 2017 15:25

Re: Calof/Baxter alignment?

Post by Zugzug » 05 Feb 2018 02:05

Alisa wrote:
Syrk wrote:
Alisa wrote: Considering i moved from agreeable to trustworthy during a 3 hours grind there, i see how it is a problem.
Thank you for you witty remark. Are you sure that Terel Trolls move your ali in such amount? I would disagree.

Try to look at it from a different angle.
A good team may work constantly in Terel/Avenir area (and that means not just Ghastly Keep) with almost no breaks as grindlands are close by.
An evil team can not do that anymore as it needs to take "breaks" for align fix and go visit Argosians, as you kindly advised.
So after you have grinded the "good" areas, and prevented good players from being there, you can go to the evil areas and grind there to regain your alignment. It requires travels.
Meantime the good players can "continue" in the barren terel, that is overhunted by everyone. When your align is raised some, you return to terel and compete with the good players in that area.
Since all hunt in terel, there are NO no-break area there.

No, i do not see your problem. I see no alignment-biased problem due to my knowledge of alignment requirements. Do correct me if i am wrong, but all the evil parts are "free" to be good for a while/untill logout now? And multiple good are still auto-kick when dropped into evil.

I may see a "size" of genesis problem, but if gaining new grind-zones are the solution.. Well, i must admit i dont know. Im not settled on any sides in that discussion.
You are both wrong and smug. Evil laymans lose their specials when turning good. Risk of the game crashing at any point also makes whatever you suggest very, very russian-roulett-ey.

Since you play an innocent know-nothing here, I will play along - how many "good-aligned" areas do goodies (do NOT confuse the terms "good player" and "goodie player", as you like to, please) go to because everything else available and decent-xp is dead?

I, personally, enjoy the company of friends to team with, during grind.

As someone leading teams, I need now not only to a) get skunks, b) get elite armours (because let's face it, there is no evil tank-guild) and c) I need to spend several hours (!!!) after leading a team to fix my alignment. I do not get enough kills in qualinesti elf camp, which is the ONLY semi-decent good-aligned area available to us because I have to use a crap-weapon with a shield there. Nobody on evil side has rescue skill (stupid) and nobody has move-behind skill (double-stupid). Hence, we have no newbies whom we can aid in growth - thanks, balance ;)

You only need to wait a bit, and the evils will be gone from your game. The big gals/guys will come back once in a while to let you spin your lies, but you will always know the truth: Genesis is a game for good-aligned people wanting to kill evil stuff.

Please, tell me I am wrong (but also do explain)

p.s. recent changes to alignment have simply underscored the problem that was dormant for decades.

User avatar
Alisa
Hero
Posts: 377
Joined: 16 Nov 2014 23:10

Re: Calof/Baxter alignment?

Post by Alisa » 05 Feb 2018 04:37

Zugzug wrote:
You are both wrong and smug. Evil laymans lose their specials when turning good. Risk of the game crashing at any point also makes whatever you suggest very, very russian-roulett-ey.
Wrong and smug. Sure. Loosing specials and the risk of being kicked if game crashes is soooo much more a deterrent than being kicked the instant you hit the other align.
Zugzug wrote: Since you play an innocent know-nothing here, I will play along - how many "good-aligned" areas do goodies (do NOT confuse the terms "good player" and "goodie player", as you like to, please) go to because everything else available and decent-xp is dead?
Any that exist probably.
Zugzug wrote: As someone leading teams, I need now not only to a) get skunks, b) get elite armours (because let's face it, there is no evil tank-guild) and c) I need to spend several hours (!!!) after leading a team to fix my alignment. I do not get enough kills in qualinesti elf camp, which is the ONLY semi-decent good-aligned area available to us because I have to use a crap-weapon with a shield there. Nobody on evil side has rescue skill (stupid) and nobody has move-behind skill (double-stupid). Hence, we have no newbies whom we can aid in growth - thanks, balance ;)
If you dont get align kills in qualinesti, but you get align kills other places... Perhaps you need to adjust something.
Oh, and please... Act like preparation is also biased against alignment.
Zugzug wrote: You only need to wait a bit, and the evils will be gone from your game. The big gals/guys will come back once in a while to let you spin your lies, but you will always know the truth: Genesis is a game for good-aligned people wanting to kill evil stuff.

Please, tell me I am wrong (but also do explain)
Heard that argument in 1999. Explanation.... yes, ill bring out top 15 again. And the fact that at least 50% of the people i meet on the donut are evil, and 30% are neutral-evil.
Zugzug wrote: p.s. recent changes to alignment have simply underscored the problem that was dormant for decades.
The only change i know of is that 2 evil and 1 good have been adjusted.
You're quite allowed to back up any claim of this with facts. Do bear in mind that usually, the alignment system have worked in a logarithmic manner, which means that the time/mobs killed to go from demonic to damned is way higher than from neutral to wicked, and it goes quite faster from holy to sympathetic than from sympathetic to holy.

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/