Calof/Baxter alignment?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Thalric
Adept
Posts: 129
Joined: 14 Jun 2016 16:34

Re: Calof/Baxter alignment?

Post by Thalric » 03 Jun 2018 16:48

As far as I know the size of the enemy doesn't matter in terms of alignment.
It is only the alignment itself that matters.

Which I guess is why so many evil people are killing all the small guards in Kalaman.
It doesn't take a whole lot of time, and they're rather goodaligned.

Rincon
Great Adventurer
Posts: 181
Joined: 04 Jun 2010 23:37

Re: Calof/Baxter alignment?

Post by Rincon » 03 Jun 2018 18:34

Dragon turtles are, by no means, tiny!

https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Dra ... le#content

User avatar
Cherek
Site Admin
Posts: 2871
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36

Re: Calof/Baxter alignment?

Post by Cherek » 04 Jun 2018 01:26

Zugzug wrote:
Cherek wrote:
Zugzug wrote:Just turtles, sharks and serpents. Have to reset them all to get a chance to get more dragon turtles.
I am pretty sure dragon turtles, like most dragons, have evil align?
Thanks for pointing that out. However, Arman did mention previously in this thread that some NPCs were "extra-evil", having more than the normal effect on killers alignment, and a quick round on the bloodsea should not drop me that much. All those creatures are tiny (compared to me), so should have barely noticeable align-hit.

Unfortunately, all evil melee people (all 3 of us, lol!) are still competing for the chance to kill Baxter every day, as any prolonged xp-grind will push us towards good-aligned.
No idea if they are extra evil, I doubt it? Thematically those sea creatures doesn't feel overly evil, so it would seem odd if they were extra evil?

User avatar
Arman
Wizard
Posts: 558
Joined: 22 Sep 2014 13:15

Re: Calof/Baxter alignment?

Post by Arman » 04 Jun 2018 05:12

None of the sea creatures have additional penalties to alignment like Baxter/Verminaard... but lie Cherek pointed out dragon turtles are by nature evil.

However the shark, which I assume is a creature you have to kill a lot of, is based on a calia variant that is quite evil. I'll change that to a neutral aligned creature over the coming days.

User avatar
Alisa
Rising Hero
Posts: 355
Joined: 16 Nov 2014 23:10

Re: Calof/Baxter alignment?

Post by Alisa » 04 Jun 2018 11:41

Arman wrote: However the shark, which I assume is a creature you have to kill a lot of, is based on a calia variant that is quite evil. I'll change that to a neutral aligned creature over the coming days.

so, Jaws are based in a Calian tale :-)

Zugzug
Veteran
Posts: 233
Joined: 20 May 2017 15:25

Re: Calof/Baxter alignment?

Post by Zugzug » 04 Jun 2018 12:05

Arman wrote:None of the sea creatures have additional penalties to alignment like Baxter/Verminaard... but lie Cherek pointed out dragon turtles are by nature evil.

However the shark, which I assume is a creature you have to kill a lot of, is based on a calia variant that is quite evil. I'll change that to a neutral aligned creature over the coming days.
Ahh, that could be it. There were quite a lot of spawned, unkilled sharks at the time, perhaps someone short on time was looking for only the turtles. Thank you!

User avatar
Arman
Wizard
Posts: 558
Joined: 22 Sep 2014 13:15

Re: Calof/Baxter alignment?

Post by Arman » 04 Jun 2018 13:55

Zugzug wrote:
Arman wrote:None of the sea creatures have additional penalties to alignment like Baxter/Verminaard... but lie Cherek pointed out dragon turtles are by nature evil.

However the shark, which I assume is a creature you have to kill a lot of, is based on a calia variant that is quite evil. I'll change that to a neutral aligned creature over the coming days.
Ahh, that could be it. There were quite a lot of spawned, unkilled sharks at the time, perhaps someone short on time was looking for only the turtles. Thank you!
Ok, sharks... while violent, are now unaligned.

sylphan
Great Adventurer
Posts: 185
Joined: 12 Nov 2017 19:56

Re: Calof/Baxter alignment?

Post by sylphan » 04 Jun 2018 15:07

Arman wrote:Ok, sharks... while violent, are now unaligned.
What function does "while" serve in this sentence?
What does being aligned or not have to do with violence?

Syrk
Rising Hero
Posts: 361
Joined: 06 Jul 2011 22:24

Re: Calof/Baxter alignment?

Post by Syrk » 04 Jun 2018 18:34

Violents attack everyone on spot?

Zugzug
Veteran
Posts: 233
Joined: 20 May 2017 15:25

Re: Calof/Baxter alignment?

Post by Zugzug » 04 Jun 2018 19:57

Syrk wrote:Violents attack everyone on spot?
Sounds like "chaotic stupid" :D

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/