Minas Tirith access

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
sylphan
Veteran

Minas Tirith access

Post by sylphan » 06 Sep 2018 13:26

[Ed: This thread was split from the thread on quest updates in the "Land of the Immortals" section.]

gorboth wrote:I've reconfigured them so that they now accurately check the Gondor clock on a regular basis, and will be available to any players who want to do them and find them during the appropriate Gondor cycle.
Unless you're a member in good standing of the Thornlin Militia (iron-willed, in fact), in which case you're an enemy of Minas Tirith and can't approach the quests at all. Does that make any sense? Oh, it's your drow blood that is the problem! Even though you follow a drow goddess who is a champion of interracial harmony, and even though for ages you have been allowed to enter the city in good faith (and have never betrayed that trust!).

Kvator
Champion

Re: Quest Updates

Post by Kvator » 06 Sep 2018 15:30

sylphan wrote:
gorboth wrote:I've reconfigured them so that they now accurately check the Gondor clock on a regular basis, and will be available to any players who want to do them and find them during the appropriate Gondor cycle.
Unless you're a member in good standing of the Thornlin Militia (iron-willed, in fact), in which case you're an enemy of Minas Tirith and can't approach the quests at all. Does that make any sense? Oh, it's your drow blood that is the problem! Even though you follow a drow goddess who is a champion of interracial harmony, and even though for ages you have been allowed to enter the city in good faith (and have never betrayed that trust!).
What's your align while trying to enter the city during war-time?

Johnny
Veteran

Re: Minas Tirith access

Post by Johnny » 06 Sep 2018 18:50

Biggest issue was probably killing a MT/Gondorian Guard/soldier within the past 6 months.

Tulasi
Beginner

Post by Tulasi » 06 Sep 2018 19:10

Some updates have been noticed with the MT guards is that they've been updated and untrusting of some new guilds out there.

During war, they are also quite suspicious to anyone not blessed or higher on the good-align scale.

Tulasi Waylan the White

Code: Select all

What's up with every big-player area being alignment nerfed from evil mobs to neutral or almost neutral while the good mobs stay good?

Examples like Ghastly Keep undeads and Terel Trolls can be mentioned on the "why are these almost neutral?"

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 06 Sep 2018 21:20

My alignment was "good." I have been attacked within the past six months - they expanded the breadth of their racism a lot more recently than that. I can't guarantee I didn't kill one of them in an effort to save my own apparently undesirable skin. It was very chaotic and I am lucky to have escaped at all, so I'm not sure if the guards all remained unpunished.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 06 Sep 2018 21:55

So it's not 'impossible to do'

it's just your deeds and/or align

Toferth
Wanderer

Post by Toferth » 06 Sep 2018 22:29

And guild affiliation. Is backdoor already implemented? ;)

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 06 Sep 2018 23:47

Kvator wrote:So it's not 'impossible to do'

I do not know at all that that is true. I was attacked apparently for being a drow, before. I was attacked again very recently. Is that because I in self-defense killed one of the racists before (which I'm not at all certain even happened), or because drow are still considered enemies even if they are members of the bloody Thornlin militia?

And in the past "good" has been above and beyond enough to get me into MT in the past. I don't know why you'd suggest it's alignment. That seems exceedingly unlikely.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 07 Sep 2018 00:16

sylphan wrote:
Kvator wrote:So it's not 'impossible to do'

I do not know at all that that is true. I was attacked apparently for being a drow, before. I was attacked again very recently. Is that because I in self-defense killed one of the racists before (which I'm not at all certain even happened), or because drow are still considered enemies even if they are members of the bloody Thornlin militia?

And in the past "good" has been above and beyond enough to get me into MT in the past. I don't know why you'd suggest it's alignment. That seems exceedingly unlikely.
for some it's good for 'untrusted' races it's higher (blessed/holy)

still doable in your case

and if you killed mob there you'll have to wait (in ME such things are 'remembered' for quite a while)

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 07 Sep 2018 00:24

Maybe. "Color" me skeptical.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/