Lockers.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Greneth
Wizard

Re: Lockers.

Post by Greneth » 08 Feb 2018 17:02

Drazson wrote:You enter a guild where you answer to nobody, just walk up and join. It's supposed to be ugly. It's illogical RP-wise to lose your stuff though. Making people pay will hurt newbies, not worth it. <mmark> items to make them unsellable in shops since it's identified as guild equipment? In due time (soon, most probably) people will understand it's not worth it to rackloot and just.. wont. Worth a try anyway. The marking could be done by a guild NPC but if there isn't one probably give the option for the player to do it themselves. OR have an option to personally mark the item to restrict its use to yourself only (for the case of imbued), still having the option to keep it vaguely marked to allow guild donations.
Gladiators have an Overseer they answer to, do you know how many years it took for them to get a rack log? And ask the Overseers of the past if even after getting a rack log whether they used their private room or public racks? DA's have someone to answer to, yet how many Generals and HO's use their private racks or the public ones for their own EQ? I can keep going and pointing out several guilds which all have someone to answer to who still refuse to use the public racks. Its not just a Merc issue.

It goes beyond selling too, Ive caught people trashing items they couldnt sell in Mercs. When Knights rack logs were down and someone raided them all of our items conveniently were in enemies racks, yet no one had left the guild and just happened to be during a 35 min window where no one was awake. And even if it did have a mark not to sell because SoHM have a similar feature, that didnt stop Glimrinth from dropping it in his private head tinkerer room.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 08 Feb 2018 17:17

Greneth wrote:
Drazson wrote:You enter a guild where you answer to nobody, just walk up and join. It's supposed to be ugly. It's illogical RP-wise to lose your stuff though. Making people pay will hurt newbies, not worth it. <mmark> items to make them unsellable in shops since it's identified as guild equipment? In due time (soon, most probably) people will understand it's not worth it to rackloot and just.. wont. Worth a try anyway. The marking could be done by a guild NPC but if there isn't one probably give the option for the player to do it themselves. OR have an option to personally mark the item to restrict its use to yourself only (for the case of imbued), still having the option to keep it vaguely marked to allow guild donations.
Gladiators have an Overseer they answer to, do you know how many years it took for them to get a rack log? And ask the Overseers of the past if even after getting a rack log whether they used their private room or public racks? DA's have someone to answer to, yet how many Generals and HO's use their private racks or the public ones for their own EQ? I can keep going and pointing out several guilds which all have someone to answer to who still refuse to use the public racks. Its not just a Merc issue.

It goes beyond selling too, Ive caught people trashing items they couldnt sell in Mercs. When Knights rack logs were down and someone raided them all of our items conveniently were in enemies racks, yet no one had left the guild and just happened to be during a 35 min window where no one was awake. And even if it did have a mark not to sell because SoHM have a similar feature, that didnt stop Glimrinth from dropping it in his private head tinkerer room.

Myesh, Dragonarmies usually do the "Keep a set of gear in a Marked backpack, the rest go i nthe rack" so you have a set of gear that you use, aka YOUR imbues etc, and then something for the other scrubs :P Try doing that in a tardatlon guild like mercs where we have no actual structure or consequence

Alteor
Adept

Post by Alteor » 08 Feb 2018 17:49

I don't bother with imbues or buying stuff in AH anymore because of this.

Hell, even my RP clothes got stolen once...

1. Did quest, got helm of the hawk, put it in Dunedain dormitory... got stolen.

2. Got sleek sword stolen from dunedain domitory too.

3. Decided to try to use storyteller locker... shit stolen right next day, it was sleek sword, and BM clothes (like, kilt... why people steal kilt?)

Gweyn then told me he just logins, play, then when he is done he transform his sword in sleek sword, and breaks it, because no matter where he put it, people steal it.

4. Buy helm of the hawk for 150 platinum, put it in Dunedain Lord room... EVERYTHING got stolen in same day, keys, tickets, coffee...

--------

Now I am in Calian guild, in a way it helps, they have a rack that doesn't get stolen from... but it still has issues:

1. Nowhere to put items calians don't want (I got berated for stashing Palanthas clothes in the guild, and when I stored that in a hidden stash in a secret-ish room, people found it and put it all in donation box... resulting in newbies scrying me incessantly since the palanthas clothes have name of owner in them)

2. Myth calians break gear at a frightening pace, not hard to end an arma with a pile of broken gigantic swords in the bin...

--------

And another issue Greneth pointed out: I started my own Pelargir group, and I am Lord of a Dunedain house, at its peak we had 7 active players, yet we had no way to share texts, items or money, no wonder other players keep picking on us (even Dunedain being a racial guild I had people tease about how useless the guild is, or calling me "lord of nothing" and so on...), all the Pelargir system do, is give a line on your desc... All Dunedain guild do, is give you lots of redundant skills...

People don't respect those, because they have zero effect in the game, Dunedain can't outlaw people for example and ban them from entering Pelargir or Minas Tirith...

All my documents I am sharing on Discord, because there is no way to share in game, the House rules, the Pelargir group charter, notes on enemies and allies, gear spots, etc... all is shared outside the game. Gear we share by writing outside the game where drop spots is, and hope noone raids it (our spots get raided often anyway).

No wonder the most popular guilds end being those more flexible, creating inter-guild groups is a nightmare... specialized guilds right now in Genesis kinda suck, even Calians, good as they are to grind, many refuse to join because if you need anything that is not DPS, you are screwed (example: need see invisible? get a heal? etc... you are screwed, unless you join EW too to help...)

A evil example: if Thakisis followers (there are 4 guilds in that) wanna make a squad with members of all 4 guilds and share gear with them, how they do that? right now there is no practical in-game way to do so..,.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 08 Feb 2018 17:54

Alteor, noone respects Racial guilds -.- That will never happen, and people that take their racial as seriously as you do, might wanna count on some flack.

This is however about how idiotic it is that STILL after having been brought up on numerous occasions, the makers refuse to put something logical into mercs. And considering all the thieving shitstains in the guild its even more urgent.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 08 Feb 2018 17:57

Hey Folks! You can always join SS. Just you, me and two ready to use racks <3

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 08 Feb 2018 18:17

Alteor wrote: ...

A evil example: if Thakisis followers (there are 4 guilds in that) wanna make a squad with members of all 4 guilds and share gear with them, how they do that? right now there is no practical in-game way to do so..,.
As a matter of fact, we (the guilds affiliated with Takhisis - the occupational ones) do have a shared rack, where the guilds can put items that are more useful to others. I do not think that the templars (layman) are allowed access to it.

If you don't like the rules of your guild, get on council or get in charge and make changes, or join another guild. Having secure racks is one of the appeals for guilds that have those, the personal locker idea in my opinion will just lead to more guildracks being empty, which will hurt smaller players in the long run.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 08 Feb 2018 18:25

Zugzug wrote:

As a matter of fact, we (the guilds affiliated with Takhisis - the occupational ones) do have a shared rack, where the guilds can put items that are more useful to others. I do not think that the templars (layman) are allowed access to it.

If you don't like the rules of your guild, get on council or get in charge and make changes, or join another guild. Having secure racks is one of the appeals for guilds that have those, the personal locker idea in my opinion will just lead to more guildracks being empty, which will hurt smaller players in the long run.

Actually it wont, 10 items. Why cant people get that into their heads? Seriously?

if Newbie A gets a NICE sword from Myth A and has nowhere to store it when he loggs, he puts it in the guildrack of mercs like a moron, and the item is never heard from again.

How would it hurt newbie A to have a place to store the megasword he'd never have a chance in hell of getting on his own? I am proposing this for MERCS specifically, most other guilds already have a policy on racks wich is alot of the time private pack of a set and the rest in the other racks.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 08 Feb 2018 18:51

Draugor wrote:
Zugzug wrote:

Actually it wont, 10 items. Why cant people get that into their heads? Seriously?

if Newbie A gets a NICE sword from Myth A and has nowhere to store it when he loggs, he puts it in the guildrack of mercs like a moron, and the item is never heard from again.

How would it hurt newbie A to have a place to store the megasword he'd never have a chance in hell of getting on his own? I am proposing this for MERCS specifically, most other guilds already have a policy on racks wich is alot of the time private pack of a set and the rest in the other racks.
Ahh, I thought you meant it for everyone, not just Mercenaries. My bad, didn't catch that part.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 08 Feb 2018 18:58

Naa, most other guilds has some sort of rack policy thats quite reasonable, glads and mercs are the only ones that truly suffer in this manner as its free to join and ALOT of the newbies seems to think that theft is awesome.

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 08 Feb 2018 20:06

That is a drawback at being a Mercenary... part of the package.

Bad racks annoy you? Join another guild. :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/