Lockers.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Re: Lockers.

Post by Draugor » 11 Feb 2018 18:16

Amberlee wrote:So.
Gorboth.
Explain to us why we can't have rentable storage lockers with limited item space?
You cant be expecting an actual answer other than the standard "It will be hoarding" wich is usually the arument, cause 10 items is clearly a hoard :P And no, not backpacks, they should NOT be storable cause that would result in you beeing able to store a metric ton of stuff. Hell, I can say straight away, most of the surplus I get will be getting racked

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 11 Feb 2018 23:33

Which is a load of crap since hoarding happens anyway.
So the argument that it's hoarding doesn't hold water.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 12 Feb 2018 03:10

As an administration there are lots of things we want to work on.

Lockers we could conceptually look in to. I don't think we want to move away from the guild drop room as the primarily location for storing gear. But there are occasions - in particular since the introduction of imbuements - where players invest a lot of time and money into items and should have an opportunity to have them safely stored away.

I can see the possibility of the gnomes of Genesis offering their services for safe storage of items - at an extremely high price. Probably charged by the hour, debited from your bank account.. and if your funds run out they are entitled to recoup costs by putting said items on the AH :). So you definitely wouldn't use this service for ever nice piece of equipment you got hold of... just the special ones.

That's how i'd conceptualise it. I don't know what other wizards feel about such a system... it really hasn't been discussed.

Then... you'd need someone to code it. Much like some of the great ideas around expanding the AH services, you need someone who knows their stuff to make it a reality.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 12 Feb 2018 09:45

Arman wrote:As an administration there are lots of things we want to work on.

Lockers we could conceptually look in to. I don't think we want to move away from the guild drop room as the primarily location for storing gear. But there are occasions - in particular since the introduction of imbuements - where players invest a lot of time and money into items and should have an opportunity to have them safely stored away.

I can see the possibility of the gnomes of Genesis offering their services for safe storage of items - at an extremely high price. Probably charged by the hour, debited from your bank account.. and if your funds run out they are entitled to recoup costs by putting said items on the AH :). So you definitely wouldn't use this service for ever nice piece of equipment you got hold of... just the special ones.

That's how i'd conceptualise it. I don't know what other wizards feel about such a system... it really hasn't been discussed.

Then... you'd need someone to code it. Much like some of the great ideas around expanding the AH services, you need someone who knows their stuff to make it a reality.
Hence the price mentioned in the start and the slot limitation, and make sure to block backpacks. Or have backpacks but just 1 slot so you can just hang your pack in there.

Thing is the "guilddrop" in mercs is useless since we've got people stealing like its an olympic sport, if its not marked by the forge thingie it gets sold, we have atleast 2 twats that are reknow for that, OR it gets stolen and hidden away. So tbh a rack in a guild such as mercs is just a bad idea, sure it should stay but people still wont put the majority of their stuff in there due to these reasons.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 12 Feb 2018 09:58

I don't get why there is this notion that we should get some kind of locker but for their use one should be punished with high costs or something. If we believe it's "cheating" and "not really supposed to exist as a feature" then just don't implement. If that's not the case, make it same cost as staying at the inn of Sparkle and let the newbies or younger players use it as well.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 12 Feb 2018 10:03

Drazson wrote:I don't get why there is this notion that we should get some kind of locker but for their use one should be punished with high costs or something. If we believe it's "cheating" and "not really supposed to exist as a feature" then just don't implement. If that's not the case, make it same cost as staying at the inn of Sparkle and let the newbies or younger players use it as well.
Or we could make it scale with size?

Dirtcheap for newbies but myths can pay a plat or two an hour for it? :P

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 12 Feb 2018 11:08

This cost thing is an act if you ask me. We can collectively pretend that a high cost will make the feature less of a goodie. I imagine people of size having plat gardens anyway, they don't care. Sure. Scaling exponentially though, let the new ones have their thing :)

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 12 Feb 2018 12:14

The game needs more coin sinks in my mind.

As for cost-level scaling it would just result in players using novice alts to store their gear in the scenario i am thinking of.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 12 Feb 2018 12:37

Arman wrote:The game needs more coin sinks in my mind.

As for cost-level scaling it would just result in players using novice alts to store their gear in the scenario i am thinking of.
Sounds kinda illegal, makeit personal so that those 10 items are only wieldable by the lockerowner and also grabbable by the same.

And Drac, what their own thing? Newbies need to be the only ones with lockers for their flaming reds? Or should bigger mercs have em for gear that actually takes some time and effort to get?

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 12 Feb 2018 13:19

Arman wrote:The game needs more coin sinks in my mind.

Well, yes and no.

It makes it harder for newer players, it the coin sinks give any kind of advantage.
Limiting like the random imbuement system, seems much better, as both new and old players only can make one.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/