Lockers.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Greneth
Wizard

Re: Lockers.

Post by Greneth » 22 Feb 2018 07:09

gorboth wrote:I see no reason to say that. The players are bringing up problems, and I am suggesting thematic solutions. If the players didn't matter, I wouldn't bother. If I refuse to fix problems the way people want, does that mean I don't care about them if I fix them in a way that I believe is best for the game? ;-)

G.
The problem with using thematics on something such as the Mercenaries is if I was a Merc in any lore setting, I would -never- be dropping my personal gear off in some communal racks within a guild that anyone off the street can walk up and join, while I sleep. It would be on my body or right next to me, quite frankly I wouldn't even be bunking with a bunch of sweaty men that I don't even know. I would probably have my own private room at an Inn with hookers.

That being said, perhaps those who have spent a certain amount of in-game days within the guild or reach the final title could have access to a special club 'Warlords Club' or something of the sort. Where there are racks with rack logs and the option for people to vote others out of the club for a set amount of time if they are caught rack looting. If voted out the first time its one arma, two times its 3 months, 3 times it's for life.

This one, gives people incentive to actually be a Merc and spend the required amount of time or reach those final titles. Two, provides a log so that people who choose to rack loot can be identified and three a way for people to self-police themselves. It's a bit more thematic and stays away from the lockers idea.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 22 Feb 2018 07:13

gorboth wrote:If I were to consider implementing anything to address what is being requested here, it would be something like a Merc npc who stands around and is willing to hold a few items of gear for whoever will pay him the most. This would also be unreliable, because he could be bribed to give up what he is holding if you want to outpay whoever paid him to hold the stuff. But if you are a rich myth and want to spend 10K plats, maybe no one would be willing to pay him to have your stuff.
Draugor, I did propose a solution to the Mercs. It just wasn't called "lockers".

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 22 Feb 2018 07:25

gorboth wrote:
gorboth wrote:If I were to consider implementing anything to address what is being requested here, it would be something like a Merc npc who stands around and is willing to hold a few items of gear for whoever will pay him the most. This would also be unreliable, because he could be bribed to give up what he is holding if you want to outpay whoever paid him to hold the stuff. But if you are a rich myth and want to spend 10K plats, maybe no one would be willing to pay him to have your stuff.
Draugor, I did propose a solution to the Mercs. It just wasn't called "lockers".

G.
Thats a horrible sollution as it would just make whoever is richest able to us it, what if I made a novice char, joined mercs and had him stash stuff? You know like you mentioned before?

Its the reliable point that matters as people, a safe way to store some of their items since the racksystem in mercs is horrible and in general so are the thieving asshats in the guild :P Mercs are not really based of any sort of actual lore afaik so making a sensible and safe way to store their gear would be the best option, or remove that stupid "no idling with gear" rule.

Poultry
Apprentice

Post by Poultry » 22 Feb 2018 07:37

This problem is not unique to Mercs, though. All free-to-join guilds have this problem. I don't dare drop an imbued item in SoHM, for example, because I'd never see it again. However, most problems can be solved by throwing money at them. I still think it's viable to have a way to store personal items (lockers, or whatever you want to call it) without ruining the game. Just charge a shit ton of money to use them. If it cost, for example, 100P to store a Sword of Mergula, how many people would do it? Another 100P to store when you log out again, etc. At that price, no one would hoard anything. You'd just put the best shit, like your imbued crystal axe, in the lockers and everything else you'd either hide or drop in the guild rack.

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 22 Feb 2018 14:36

Poultry wrote:This problem is not unique to Mercs, though. All free-to-join guilds have this problem. I don't dare drop an imbued item in SoHM, for example, because I'd never see it again. However, most problems can be solved by throwing money at them. I still think it's viable to have a way to store personal items (lockers, or whatever you want to call it) without ruining the game. Just charge a shit ton of money to use them. If it cost, for example, 100P to store a Sword of Mergula, how many people would do it? Another 100P to store when you log out again, etc. At that price, no one would hoard anything. You'd just put the best shit, like your imbued crystal axe, in the lockers and everything else you'd either hide or drop in the guild rack.
I don't get this kind of capitulation, as if - after putting [*][/b][/color]tons of time and effort into getting a super item - it's unreasonable to ask for a way for it to not automatically be gone next time you log in (and the time after that and the time after that ...). How totally demoralizing that is. And in the same breath as we ask for that to change, we say but punish us 200p at a time for wanting this? Nonsense. It is reasonable to want a way to keep imbued items for yourself - not infinitely, not with no limits ... I don't think anyone is asking to be able to hoard unlimited items forever. But getting really good items and imbuing them is a lot of work (ok, or luck, but still ... very rare). All that work IS the price you pay for the item. What makes it so painful not to be able to use it next time you wake up is that you've ALREADY put so much into getting it. That's what makes us feel we deserve to have it for a while, for ourselves. Begging to be gouged for the privilege negates the very reason we're so insistent on this.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 22 Feb 2018 16:26

While we're on Gorboths rambling about themes btw.

Dragonarmies theme has never and will never be "one weapon to rule them all" per army, they had all of them lorewise and where vastly more different from eachother other than that one used polearms and one used swords (wich is bullcrap), they also had advanced tactics and dragons in combat, so citing theme as a reason doesent even reach the criteria of silly.

Lockers or a safe way to store your hard earned [stuff] far away from lazy little twerps that havent gearhunted for 10 minutes but are just interested in selling or stealing the stuff you rack are and have been needed for years, its just <insert no actual reason here> thats keeping it from happening.

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 22 Feb 2018 16:43

To put it simply and easy to understand: lack of safe racks or other storage makes imbues system obsolete/redundant.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 22 Feb 2018 17:18

Syrk wrote:To put it simply and easy to understand: lack of safe racks or other storage makes imbues system obsolete/redundant.
Well yes and no, some people (like 1 in the game) might feel like giving his hard earned [stuff] away to people who sell it or just steal it straight up :P

Gorbie, can we stop supporting this thieving bull[oney]? An actual thief is one thing that takes a coin from you, some little [dummy] taking a full set of gear and selling it is a horribly stupid thing that you for some reason keep supporting.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 22 Feb 2018 17:22

Draugor wrote:
Syrk wrote:To put it simply and easy to understand: lack of safe racks or other storage makes imbues system obsolete/redundant.
Well yes and no, some people (like 1 in the game) might feel like giving his hard earned shit away to people who sell it or just steal it straight up :P

Gorbie, can we stop supporting this thieving bullshit? An actual thief is one thing that takes a coin from you, some little shit taking a full set of gear and selling it is a horribly stupid thing that you for some reason keep supporting.

<inserts bull[oney] thematics rant here>

Now.. Playability always tops thematics regardless..
Or you get a defunct system.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 22 Feb 2018 18:50

Draugor and I have taken this to PM so as to not spam this thread with back-n-forth. I've deleted a bunch (my own posts included) of stuff that was just that. Constructive posts welcome.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/