More Brainstorming Dis

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
sylphan
Veteran

Re: More Brainstorming Dis

Post by sylphan » 17 Apr 2018 18:43

Zugzug wrote:You have to pardon me, but you do see that my initial answer here was light satire, right? :)
Yes, the satire was noted. You repeated the sentence structure of Poultry's post, which was playful of you. I also understood you were firing back at mages for a perceived attack on fighters. Did you not mean what you wrote? Or was it all ironic? It seems to me it was not ironic; if it was, forgive my assumption that you meant some of it, and disregard what follows.

As I noted, we must gather components, make potions, and so on, to make our more powerful attacks possible - and this involves complications I won't mention, it being our business to worry about them and no one else's. But this isn't enough for you? (Or was the entirety of your most recent post also ironic?) My having to re-acquire and re-learn spells would be tantamount to your needing not only to get a new weapon, but also to learn again how to use it, which seems silly, on both sides of the comparison, to me.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 17 Apr 2018 18:47

sylphan wrote:
Zugzug wrote:My having to re-acquire and re-learn spells would be tantamount to your needing not only to get a new weapon, but also to learn again how to use it, which seems silly, on both sides of the comparison, to me.
I never said anyone (fighter or mage) had to re-learn the skills how to use something! If you are saying that killing 40 dragons is the same as looking in a bush for some berries, imagine if you had to look for herbs only in dragon lairs or boss npc pouches, while I could find my weapons 3-4 per room in a grassy field or a meadow somewhere...

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 17 Apr 2018 19:02

Zugzug wrote:
sylphan wrote:
Zugzug wrote:My having to re-acquire and re-learn spells would be tantamount to your needing not only to get a new weapon, but also to learn again how to use it, which seems silly, on both sides of the comparison, to me.
I never said anyone (fighter or mage) had to re-learn the skills how to use something! If you are saying that killing 40 dragons is the same as looking in a bush for some berries, imagine if you had to look for herbs only in dragon lairs or boss npc pouches, while I could find my weapons 3-4 per room in a grassy field or a meadow somewhere...

In all fairness, your weapon aint spent after 3 hits either so that comparison doesent work, not even alittle :P

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Post by Raelle » 17 Apr 2018 19:31

Johnny wrote:
Raelle wrote: ***edit, I assume it's strength? but maybe it's con
Strength is a contributing factor but fatigue pool is primarily based off of your constitution. See Alisa's post.
whoops, somehow I completely missed Alisa's post

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 17 Apr 2018 20:09

Draugor wrote: In all fairness, your weapon aint spent after 3 hits either so that comparison doesent work, not even alittle :P
So you are saying that component-less casts should be like unarmed combat on a non-unarmed combat (read, non-dragon order) guild? I have to agree with you here, reluctantly ;)

SOHM/OOTS elf = best tank in the game, better than Neidars.

Let's switch subject and joke about something else? :)

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 17 Apr 2018 20:46

Zugzug wrote:
Draugor wrote: In all fairness, your weapon aint spent after 3 hits either so that comparison doesent work, not even alittle :P
So you are saying that component-less casts should be like unarmed combat on a non-unarmed combat (read, non-dragon order) guild? I have to agree with you here, reluctantly ;)

SOHM/OOTS elf = best tank in the game, better than Neidars.

Let's switch subject and joke about something else? :)

If ignorance is bliss, then you are truly blissful.
Not to say SoHM + OotS is bad, but Neidar takes it to a different level.
Who am I kidding though.
You won't listen.
You never do...
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 17 Apr 2018 21:10

Zugzug wrote:
Draugor wrote: SOHM/OOTS elf = best tank in the game, better than Neidars.
Neidar/OOTS > SOHM/OOTS elf tank-wise easily :)

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 17 Apr 2018 22:04

Amberlee wrote: Who am I kidding though.
You won't listen.
You never do...
Wait, we are being serious in this post? Now I am confused. I thought this was just a joke thing.

Get on with the program.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 17 Apr 2018 22:06

SOHM/elf tanking capabilities are no joke though :(

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 17 Apr 2018 22:08

Better than Neidar? Ehehehe, not even alittle.

A neidar with heal is stupidly nice, and you cant compare laymans to occ's. Oots have few spells that are worth anything, the heal is a goos one, manahungry yes, but good, nowhere close to occ level heals like some lunatic was raving awhile ago tho. And no, rangers dont count, even they heal heavier tho I believe

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/