Mana regen imbue

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Saimon
Wanderer

Mana regen imbue

Post by Saimon » 06 May 2018 01:20

I would like to rise the issue of grate injustice - lack of mana regen imbue. When imbues were introduced into Gen few years ago, there were in fact one Mage (MM) and one cleric (PoT) guilds on the Gen. I dont remember if SCoPs were already created or not. So it was not big need of think about spellcasters during creation of imbue system. Of course there were int and wis imbues created as well as air/water/earth/fire/life/death spells and elemental magic resistance. But there were not created imbues to increase abjuration, illusion, enchantment, transmutation, conjuration or divination as well as alchemy and herbalism. And of course Mana regen imbue was not created.

Melee guilds have their balmstones and health imbues as well as con imbues that increase hp pool. Casters has only int imbue that increases mana pool. Melee guilds can dring alcohol to increase the heal speed. casters guilds needs to invest in wis imbues that increase the mana regen speed, but only in very limited scale, for sure not as much as being extr. obliviated speed up your health speed. And the number of casters has increased significantly in last few years. We have open first of all SoHM, the guild with the biggest number of active players for some time last year. We have new Elemental Clerics, soon we should have WoHS (at least I hope it will be soon), and Warlocks, we have OotS open. All these guilds are caster guilds, so their members require mana.

So maybe it is right time to revise the imbue system and add some new stones? Gorboth I think it is you who need to aprove it and introduce new stones, right? So please take a more favorable look at the smarter part of the Gen comunity and give us some mana regen imbue.

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Mana regen imbue

Post by Cherek » 06 May 2018 09:35

The intelligence stat controls manage regeneration rates, so there is already a rather powerful mana regeneration imbuement.

That said, I do think a mana regeneration stone was discussed in the past, but decided against. Perhaps Gorboth or another wizard remember more than me about that?

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 06 May 2018 12:03

Mana regeneration is based on wisdom and spellcraft skill.

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 06 May 2018 17:28

Saimon wrote:I would like to rise the issue of grate injustice - lack of mana regen imbue.[...]
And the number of casters has increased significantly in last few years.
It is true mages of various kinds infest realms now. The situation is dire.
Honest figthers stand no chance against those freaks and enemies to nature.

Not only can they fry fighters of much bigger size, they can also bypass
guards, transport to choosen locations by unnatural means and claim
any equipment they wish.

Mages (especially SoHM) can cause abominations in differents ways, so one
can hardly defend against them.

Also protections against those weirdos are rare and the best part is...
even if they are there, their qualities are hidden from fighters,
as you have to be one kind of mage or another to be able to identify them!

So instead of empowering mages even more, make magic resistance imbues
more common. Also let Karkadelt branch out and offer service of identifying
enchanted items for some fee.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 06 May 2018 17:55

Agree with Syrk.

I can't counter mages with my "thief" char! Nerf needed!

#balance

Saimon
Wanderer

Post by Saimon » 06 May 2018 23:07

Cherek wrote:The intelligence stat controls manage regeneration rates, so there is already a rather powerful mana regeneration imbuement.
Cherek, are you sure it is int and not wis stat that controls mana regeneratuon speed? Int it is mana pool. But anyway alcohol can speed up healing much faster than faint int/wis imbue, so sorry Cherek but your proposal is not equal. If drinking water would speed up mana regeneration in the same way as drinking alcohol speed up health regen I would not rise it. But melee guilds can drink booze for faster healing and additionally can be healed by heal imbue. Mages dont have it with mana. So we dont have here a balance.

Thalric you mix SoHM mana regen spell with general mana regeneration. Besides there are more mage guilds around both occ and lay.

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 07 May 2018 00:33

Saimon wrote:But melee guilds can drink booze for faster healing and additionally can be healed by heal imbue. Mages dont have it with mana. So we dont have here a balance.
There are consumables, other than herbs, that regenerate mana. There are also enchanted items (not imbues) that do the same thing.
Are you sure you are around from before PoT were opened?

Saimon
Wanderer

Post by Saimon » 07 May 2018 00:54

Syrk wrote: There are consumables, other than herbs, that regenerate mana. There are also enchanted items (not imbues) that do the same thing.
Are you sure you are around from before PoT were opened?
The same with health. There are enchanted items that heal. But it is not the case. The issue I have raised is there is an imbue that heals you (gives you hp) but there is not imbue that gives you mana points.

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 07 May 2018 02:36

Saimon wrote:The same with health. There are enchanted items that heal. But it is not the case. The issue I have raised is there is an imbue that heals you (gives you hp) but there is not imbue that gives you mana points.
Everyone, mages too, use healing. Mana regeneration caters for mages need mostly.
Also mana regeneration rate was changed to faster recently.

But if we are talking only about new imbues someone wants (not arguing if there is any need for them) then
there is also no imbue to lessen your fatigue.

Greneth
Wizard

Post by Greneth » 07 May 2018 03:58

Mana regenerates ridiculously fast if you're in a caster guild nowadays, a mana regen imbue is just going to further break what is already broken.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/