How teamgrinding works

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Johnny
Veteran

Re: How teamgrinding works

Post by Johnny » 11 Jul 2018 20:00

Draugor wrote: Haha you havent heard?

Angmar has Move behind, cause tanks really need to move behind and not get in front :P
Hahaha yeah I heard but only barely! Those Angmarians are just so quiet these days!

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 11 Jul 2018 20:01

Johnny wrote:
Draugor wrote: Haha you havent heard?

Angmar has Move behind, cause tanks really need to move behind and not get in front :P
Hahaha yeah I heard but only barely! Those Angmarians are just so quiet these days!

Cause the guild is nerfed through the ground and more or less useless, Arman might wanna take a look at that too.

Chade
Novice

Post by Chade » 12 Jul 2018 18:52

So in the end everyone gets access to everything?

So when will we see 'goodies' get poison? Don't think that will ever happen?

Rangar
Beginner

Post by Rangar » 13 Jul 2018 09:56

From roleplaying perspective, poisons are considered to be evil/unacceptable in fair combat, just like anti-personnel mines or chemical and biological warfare in Real Life. Therefore I highly doubt that a Knight of Solamnia would have a guild access to poison oil to poison his blade.

On the other hand, a "chastisement oil" that would periodically "burn out" some evil out of an evil enemy... Or a "righteous radiance" that would persist in a room and periodically lower stats of evildoers...

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 13 Jul 2018 10:09

Chade wrote:So in the end everyone gets access to everything?

So when will we see 'goodies' get poison? Don't think that will ever happen?

I think that yes, everyone should have access to everything, just at different skill levels.

Should a knight be able to try and hide behind his teammate? - I think so, but he would be clumsy at doing so.
Should a huge myth calian be able to "rescue" his small neidar teammate tank? - I think so, but she would not be very good at it.
Should a goblin be able to try and block a small racist knight from leaving the room? - Yes, we already can do that, but we aren't very good at it.

FYI, I have tried mercy and I don't think it works for me. NPCs still die (perhaps it's only a pvp feature? I don't know)

As for poison - there is a room under Karkadelt the enchanter in Sparkle, where you can perhaps apply aspstone to your blade.

As a knight of solamnia you are still able to train spellcraft skill in an adventurer's guild, or you can join a layman magic guild like Ody to become more profiscient at spellcraft - that is what I mean when I say "varying degrees".

I also wish there were something like a "block skill" imbuement. If a tiny knight can block me for 20+ seconds from leaving a room, imagine how fun it would be if we could use some form of enchantment to do the same! ;) (hint: It would be a LOT of fun!)

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 26 Jul 2018 15:30

KoS has little to do with the stereotypical paladin concept, I don't see why they wouldn't use poisons et cetera.

I like the idea of promoting teaming and, as someone who doesn't have too many connections in the game despite my long time being around I assure you it would keep more people in the game. Being in the same guild doesn't work for many empty and semi-empty guilds and ofc everything happens in discord I assume, unless in-game mailing makes it work for y'all.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 26 Jul 2018 16:38

Drazson wrote:KoS has little to do with the stereotypical paladin concept, I don't see why they wouldn't use poisons et cetera.

I like the idea of promoting teaming and, as someone who doesn't have too many connections in the game despite my long time being around I assure you it would keep more people in the game. Being in the same guild doesn't work for many empty and semi-empty guilds and ofc everything happens in discord I assume, unless in-game mailing makes it work for y'all.

Not only paladins held holy principals, their dieties abhore the use of poisons, so its very well in line. And knights of the sword can very easially fit a paladinrole as they are supposed to be the... more religiously insane for lack of a better word :P

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 26 Jul 2018 17:23

Draugor wrote:
Drazson wrote:KoS has little to do with the stereotypical paladin concept, I don't see why they wouldn't use poisons et cetera.

Not only paladins held holy principals, their dieties abhore the use of poisons, so its very well in line. And knights of the sword can very easially fit a paladinrole as they are supposed to be the... more religiously insane for lack of a better word :P
I always thought KoS were like a gang legimized in terms of their actual behaviour and fame but whatever suits people. I assume we are not speaking about how they act in game but the actual KoS concept.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/