How teamgrinding works

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zugzug
Veteran

Re: How teamgrinding works

Post by Zugzug » 29 Jun 2018 22:27

Draugor wrote: And Zuggies "One dwarf knight oots" wont work since thats kinda what unsoloable means, he'd run outa mana and get [worked] over pretty fast
It won't work but *gasp* it does... There is no balance in genesis right now (and that is the primary reason why some players have left) but at least I respect you that you aren't (yet?) part of the flavor-of-the-month club.

I will be completely honest here now - I want to see if Zugzug can get to the same levels of players who got to participate in Stern-qxp-multiplier-cheat some years ago.

I just do it as part of a guild that I helped start many years ago.

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 29 Jun 2018 22:43

But there is quest exp cap now. So those folks dont have an advantage any more?

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 29 Jun 2018 22:48

Zugzug wrote:
Draugor wrote: And Zuggies "One dwarf knight oots" wont work since thats kinda what unsoloable means, he'd run outa mana and get [worked] over pretty fast
It won't work but *gasp* it does... There is no balance in genesis right now (and that is the primary reason why some players have left) but at least I respect you that you aren't (yet?) part of the flavor-of-the-month club.

I will be completely honest here now - I want to see if Zugzug can get to the same levels of players who got to participate in Stern-qxp-multiplier-cheat some years ago.

I just do it as part of a guild that I helped start many years ago.

It WONT work with the change I am proposing, read it again, unsoloable. That means no matter the guildcombo, you should get smacked in the face by elite content. Hell soloing dragons, yeti and Barash, okay I can get Barash, he's a shitty troll, Dragons tho? Really? :P Solo? Meeeeeeh...

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 29 Jun 2018 22:57

Rincon wrote:But there is quest exp cap now. So those folks dont have an advantage any more?

There aint an xp cap :P Well okay for quest xp there is but not for combat, it just becomes ardously slow at a certain size, this would combat that alittle as in the solo grinding to gamebreaking size, another sollution would be a hardcap but I really dont like that idea since if we just made teaming a thing again it would make alot more guilds valid to begin with and it would actually make the game more social :P

Shanoga
Wizard

Post by Shanoga » 10 Jul 2018 17:52

Draugor wrote:...mobs like dragons shouldnt be soloable either to me, its stupid tbh, its a dragon, not a damn skink lizard
Now I want every dragon to automatically eat any opponents that fight it solo. A 5-second special that is VERY clear what is about to happen. Then you're just....done. Realism.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 10 Jul 2018 20:19

Shanoga wrote:
Draugor wrote:...mobs like dragons shouldnt be soloable either to me, its stupid tbh, its a dragon, not a damn skink lizard
Now I want every dragon to automatically eat any opponents that fight it solo. A 5-second special that is VERY clear what is about to happen. Then you're just....done. Realism.

Go for it :P Or tripple the dragonstats if someone solojumps it xD

Nerull
Wizard

Post by Nerull » 10 Jul 2018 22:07

I'll try to get some raidencounters into the game. I actually had to pull one of those encounters right before the opening of the Warlocks, where you need a decked team, and unsoloable.

But, my next project will or may contain several such encounters, but it's still on the planning stage since I'm still keeping an overwatch over Warlocks (typos, bugs etc).

So hang on.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 11 Jul 2018 11:27

Everyone who whines and whines and whines about wanting unsoloable content has access to a tank rotator in their occ guilds.

Make it like block - some guilds more, some guilds get less. Some (cowardly) guilds get to move behind instead of rescue.

The idea that a huge ogre cannot jump in front a tiny sparkle orc, waving his (her?) two super-imbued sledgehammers of the colossus is rather silly.

That most npcs just blindly follow the lure of players, hitting whomever *players* want them to hit is also quite silly. How many npcs re-attack the little calian who moved behind or the tiny squire who got rescued by his bigger master? :)

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 11 Jul 2018 18:08

I'd like unsoloable content and do have acceess to team with tank rotator occs guids. I do feel like evils need some sort of love when it comes to switching tanks while in combat. It's been a complaint for a while now. Maybe with more time this will be the case. Just depend on how long we can hold out til those changes are realized.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 11 Jul 2018 18:22

Johnny wrote:I'd like unsoloable content and do have acceess to team with tank rotator occs guids. I do feel like evils need some sort of love when it comes to switching tanks while in combat. It's been a complaint for a while now. Maybe with more time this will be the case. Just depend on how long we can hold out til those changes are realized.

Haha you havent heard?

Angmar has Move behind, cause tanks really need to move behind and not get in front :P

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/