Ghastly Keep's "fix"

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Re: Ghastly Keep's "fix"

Post by Amberlee » 13 Jul 2018 17:22

Easy fix.
Have TEAM KILLS count toward the quota.
Or revert back from the ridiculous thing Cotillion put there in the first place that only made things worse.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Thoru
Beginner

Post by Thoru » 13 Jul 2018 18:46

I appreciate all the feedback on this post. I think it is fair to say the issue isn't with the number of kills required to get down. Everybody has their ways, either solo, or teamed to get the required amount of kills who frequent there.

My issue is people are "punished" for simply turning off their computers. That feels like poor design.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 13 Jul 2018 19:42

Back when GK was introduced, and we had this discussion the last time. (Don't remember if it was here or upstairs). But either way, I suggested that it should work like it did originally, but you lose access after a number of RL hours/days. Regardless if you log out or not. I still think that would solve that problem. There would be no need to idle in the game as it gives you no benefit, it would not punish people who leave the place or take a break, and instead if would encourage playing Genesis as much as you can while you have access. And stuff that encourages players to play is good. Just set it to like 24 hour access, and then it resets and you have to do it again to get another 24 hours, and so on. Problem solved I think? Or is there something I am missing?

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 13 Jul 2018 20:12

Looks at post history.

GK whine.

GK kills requirement increases.

GK whine.

Time limites introduced.

Gk whine.

Looks at cause-effect relationship again.

Dear Wizards,

The Ghastly Keep area is totally unfair to newbies. I took a rising hero Tulasi there the other day and she almost died. I think the npcs hit too hard, and it is unfair. I took a small goblin there and there was a team of knights who kept killing all of first floor just so that we would not be able to get any experience and leave. Totally not fair!!!

I haven't had the pleasure of being to the Tutorial Island because I am not allowed there, but can we please all agree that Ghastly Keep is totally unfair? I honestly suggest that the area should be completely recoded and be very evil too, because the npcs are clearly super-evil. Perhaps also require a combination of at least a human/elf/dwarf/kender to be able to kill there, if you are missing one, you should not come!

PLZ NERF!

/sincerely

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 13 Jul 2018 21:24

Cherek wrote:Problem solved I think? Or is there something I am missing?
It has been already done. I quit daily and keep my kills.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/