Ghastly Keep's "fix"

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
cotillion
Site Admin

Re: Ghastly Keep's "fix"

Post by cotillion » 11 Jul 2018 10:14

For some reason it was decided kills should be what decides level 2 access.
Changing that would be up to the Terel wizards (or Arch of Domains etc).

The difference now is that the kills persist over logouts and that the kill counter decays when you're not in the keep getting kills. Idling is treated the same way as being logged out.
The kill counter decays at an incredibly low pace however so if you're not able to get enough kills to have permanent access you really don't belong in the keep.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 11 Jul 2018 10:42

cotillion wrote:For some reason it was decided kills should be what decides level 2 access.
Changing that would be up to the Terel wizards (or Arch of Domains etc).

The difference now is that the kills persist over logouts and that the kill counter decays when you're not in the keep getting kills. Idling is treated the same way as being logged out.
The kill counter decays at an incredibly low pace however so if you're not able to get enough kills to have permanent access you really don't belong in the keep.

See, you are wrong there.
Now you can't leave it up to someone that's not even logging in frequently to decide a policy.
And for the claim that the counter reduces at a slow pace.
Soo wrong.
People have been locked out in a matter of hours.
So how is that a slow pace?
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 11 Jul 2018 10:48

Amberlee wrote: See, you are wrong there.
You think that's likely? Or maybe you just didn't manage to read what I wrote.
Nothing I wrote indicates that it would be impossible to lose access within a few hours.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 11 Jul 2018 11:18

Ok, let's be honest about this. When I lead a team (and I frequently do) I will take people to Terel. When people cannot access level 2, I either help them get the killing blow on undeads, or we just leave level 2 alone. No big deal, right?

I can also complain how terel trolls attack the smallest person in the team and block (and even being a large and scary goblin I do not have the faintest idea, even at a superior layman, how to "rescue" a smaller teammate).

I could also complain how another prime grinding area in genesis (mithas trolls) is completely unsuitable to, for example, the dragonarmies - because mithas trolls make the "tank" in team move at a turtle pace, thus negating that person damage more or less.

Yet, the rules for all players are the same. It's not as if your in-game name begins with a Z, you get some advantage there.

I (offline) tried to pass a message to plukragar - him whining about Ghastly Keep would only make things worse, yet here we are.

The area appears to me to be a "hardcore" one - that would reward dedicated players. And I honestly think that it should be made even more so.

Also, I think this topic belongs in the flames, judging by amount of swearing, do we really want to be presenting such a face to the world? :roll:

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 11 Jul 2018 12:09

Lower the XP of the keep!
Problem solved!

No one will ever go there again but for the quest. :)

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 11 Jul 2018 12:20

cotillion wrote:
Amberlee wrote: See, you are wrong there.
You think that's likely? Or maybe you just didn't manage to read what I wrote.
Nothing I wrote indicates that it would be impossible to lose access within a few hours.

Well then it's hardly a fix, is it?
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Post by Raelle » 11 Jul 2018 15:22

cotillion wrote:if you're not able to get enough kills to have permanent access you really don't belong in the keep.
I'm sorry?

don't belong?

Please explain.

Greneth
Wizard

Post by Greneth » 11 Jul 2018 15:55

Raelle wrote:
cotillion wrote:if you're not able to get enough kills to have permanent access you really don't belong in the keep.
I'm sorry?

don't belong?

Please explain.
You're a Neidar, you'll never belong in the Keep. :twisted:

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 11 Jul 2018 17:24

cotillion wrote: The kill counter decays at an incredibly low pace however so if you're not able to get enough kills to have permanent access you really don't belong in the keep.

Yes yes, woe us that have jobs and lives, congrats on showing us that wizards can be asshats aswell :)

But yea, I agree, no tanking guild should ever set foot there cause they sure as shit cant get kills in a reliable pace especially if they have any sort of life :P

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 11 Jul 2018 18:01

The xp is a bit insane like when the death knights area opening up, when I want to focus on recovering from my many many deaths I can go to the GK and recover in 2 days at the pace I play when I'm focused on recovering. It probably could use a little reduction. How about moving the kill requirements to things like the dragon and the witch and up the stones needed to summon the vampire. The bigger players will still their rewards but the smaller players will have more access to the xp. There are some pretty lonely undead on the 2nd level and low level players can solo.

Or flood Genesis with high rewards/xp areas (probably best to keep it low xp). Just create more areas like this all themed to the domains. 3 (evils only, neutrals only, and a goodies only) per domain and they can become the new dungeons of Genesis. They all have kill requirements to get to the big bosses. If you aren't in a team or your team dies then the monsters get damage multipliers. Have the monsters chase and block too!

Although, all this requires time and volunteers to make it happen and I feel like there are some other areas of the game that should be focused on. Like finishing up guild recodes.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/