Ghastly Keep's "fix"

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Thoru
Beginner

Ghastly Keep's "fix"

Post by Thoru » 11 Jul 2018 04:24

Lets talk a minute about Cotillion's response to Plukragar's post and the comment that your kills in GK will save after you log for "an amount of time." I have logged off and logged in, 9-12 hour increments, and gone back to GK more than a few times and cannot access the second level.

Perhaps this post should be in the flames section but if you are going to say you hear what the community is saying and have made a change, make a fucking change. Anything less than 24 hours of kills not saving after you log still encourages idling.

I have not been in the game as long as some on here, its true. But I have been around long enough to realize that Genesis and the Wizarding community cater to those who power play and have been around the longest. Sure, I will stay because I enjoy the game and have created a community in which I enjoy. Wizards saying they have made a change and it turns out to be horseshit is something that needs to be addressed.

I am sure there are some that will get their knickers in a knot over this post, so be it. Come and talk to me about your "recode" woes while you are at it.

Aure Entuluva

Johnny
Veteran

Re: Ghastly Keep's "fix"

Post by Johnny » 11 Jul 2018 04:50

I agree with this. The time limit didn't change anything, the place still rewards the idler

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 11 Jul 2018 05:25

A fix would be so easy.
Just remove the kill requirement for second floor.
It's not that we are unappreciative of the efforts.
But try to listen to those who actually plays instead of doing the same old "kneejerk" fixes that only end up making things worse.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 11 Jul 2018 05:31

The requirement is about as stupid as the fact that the easially best XP in the game hurts way less than xp that doesent even come close, Quali for instance :P

Up the difficulty and remove that stupid block thing

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 11 Jul 2018 06:19

I personally haven't looked at the Keep, but it sounds like it over rewards xp.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 11 Jul 2018 06:27

Arman wrote:I personally haven't looked at the Keep, but it sounds like it over rewards xp.
Heavily, if its going to give what it does, it sure as shit shouldnt be so easy to solo :P Kinda feels... cheaty, the right guildcombo and you can run at legend there on your own for stupid amounts of xp

Thoru
Beginner

Post by Thoru » 11 Jul 2018 06:54

Arman wrote:I personally haven't looked at the Keep, but it sounds like it over rewards xp.
It is hands down the best XP in the game. Which is why it needs to be fair. Both Amberlee and Draugor have more time in the game than I do and their ideas are always valid, change the requirement to go down, make it more dependable on teams, change the log off time. Whatever it maybe, lets just stop rewarding idling.

And re-reading my initial post, I do appreciate the Wizarding community. There is a reason why Gen keeps me hooked, and its all volunteer. That I don't forget. Kudos.

Nerull
Wizard

Post by Nerull » 11 Jul 2018 09:33

A purely hypothetical question:

What about 'flagging' for game content? In this example, you would need to perform some quest before you get permanent access to the second floor.

Thoughts?

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 11 Jul 2018 09:35

Nerull wrote:A purely hypothetical question:

What about 'flagging' for game content? In this example, you would need to perform some quest before you get permanent access to the second floor.

Thoughts?
It's already how it works.

It was originally so you have to repeat the quest after logout.
Now its on some kind of cooldown.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 11 Jul 2018 09:55

Alisa wrote:
Nerull wrote:A purely hypothetical question:

Thoughts?
It's already how it works.

It was originally so you have to repeat the quest after logout.
Now its on some kind of cooldown.
No, before you had acces untill you logged out. And the quest was once per game, now its 21 or 22 killing blows per person that wants to go down.
Now its a timer thats low as shit unless you're there constantly

The quest should make it permanent acces, as in tears quest and permanent acces down. No bullshit, just gogo powerrangers
Last edited by Draugor on 11 Jul 2018 17:53, edited 1 time in total.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/