Problems if we get too many newbies

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Drazson
Expert

Re: Problems if we get too many newbies

Post by Drazson » 05 Sep 2018 21:23

Cherek wrote:How do you get rid of the soulbound falchion?
Why can't you rack it in your guild? If your alt takes it from there he/she still can't use it cause it's marked not to be usable from seconds, while your guildmates can still use it.
Cherek wrote:I'd like to be able to give my old stuff to a friend / guildmate I think. But perhaps that is an acceptable drawback of saving stuff on you.
Woah, giving stuff to guildmates and friends shouldn't be cut, should they?! :O

Wyork
Greenhorne

Post by Wyork » 06 Sep 2018 00:20

Why not keep it simple?
  • - keep glowing system
    - on player logout: wielded & worn equip stays with the player, glowing items stay glowing
    - at armageddon: racked items & player held items get the usual armageddon treatment
No need to tinker with a ton of systems: durability, guild specials, new max. lifetime rules for imbuements and so on ...

Newbies will still have to get used to glowing system & Armageddon consequences though.

It would be a compromise between our old ways and the modern expectations.

Dhez
Adept

Post by Dhez » 06 Sep 2018 10:10

Wyork wrote:Why not keep it simple?
  • - keep glowing system
    - on player logout: wielded & worn equip stays with the player, glowing items stay glowing
    - at armageddon: racked items & player held items get the usual armageddon treatment
No need to tinker with a ton of systems: durability, guild specials, new max. lifetime rules for imbuements and so on ...

Newbies will still have to get used to glowing system & Armageddon consequences though.

It would be a compromise between our old ways and the modern expectations.
I think this would be a nice compromise. I'm not sure if the game's design would support lasting equipment. Too many changes would be required, and eventually the complaints would come that the system stagnates and you can't "improve" your gear/ilvl as in MMOs.
You see a mousetrap. I see free cheese and a challenge.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Okotok
Apprentice

Post by Okotok » 08 Sep 2018 20:32

When and how will all the players be notified if there will be any changes to the glowing system?

I am very excited for any new features that come from this fascinating discussion.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 08 Sep 2018 20:44

Okotok wrote:When and how will all the players be notified if there will be any changes to the glowing system?

I am very excited for any new features that come from this fascinating discussion.

They are usually very quick with making commonboard notes since thats announced to you once you log on.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 19 Sep 2018 22:23

We have tried to anticipate most issues we can address at this time. Additional changes that have been made:
  • Player login limit increased to 2,048 at one time.
  • Global redesign of recovery so that nearly all items save over logouts.
  • Revision of Tutorial Chapter 24 - 'Logging Out and Linkdeath'
  • Syntax fix: using "the" no longer creates command parsing failure. <get the lamp> will now work, and "the" should work with all other commands as well.
... (thanks to Cotillion, as usual, for expert code-work)

I also had a nice roundtable discussion today with a number of players. We talked about ways to help the ntell line be useful, not too spammy, and welcoming. Many thanks to all of you who can be on-hand to be good embassadors for Genesis this weekend.

Tomorrow, the article is slated for publication in the UK, and all regions that receive PC Gamer UK. Fingers crossed!

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/