If the game were nerfed ...

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

If a balance bug-fix nerfed all specials, spells, and heal effects to 37% of current power levels:

Good move - I'd keep playing, even though I'd be weaker
42%
Not sure - I'd see what it was like, might stay, might not.
26%
Hate it - I don't want to be weaker! I would quit.
33%

Total votes: 86

Zugzug
Veteran

Re: If the game were nerfed ...

Post by Zugzug » 08 Oct 2018 09:23

Draugor wrote:
Daerin wrote:
Draugor wrote:
Wich is why... we nuke combat xp O_O
That is what I've been saying. Nerf combat xp. Cut 50% or more of our combat xp and you'll see that it will be easier to catch up. The biggest people will still be big in comparison with others.

And one other thing, do people vote for what is good for them or for the game? What is good for the game is the nerf as I see it. Better balance, more challenging, encourage teaming (this is a multi game after all) and solve the issue that players are op compared to NPC.

Nononono, 100% nuke on Combat xp. Might aswell :o
I actually agree with Draugor. Just with a tiny caveat - nuke the combat xp of people who ask to nuke combat xp.

Also nuke forum troll accounts :)

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 08 Oct 2018 13:43

Zugzug wrote: Just with a tiny caveat - nuke the combat xp of people who ask to nuke combat xp.
Nuke their quest exp as well.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

TripleM
Apprentice

Post by TripleM » 08 Oct 2018 15:49

Too much talk of nerfing and nuking! Leave the world be!

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 08 Oct 2018 16:10

If I had to maintain a bug code-wise I would be quite annoyed. If wizards prefer balancing around a constant +170% regarding everything else in the game, sure. Make it even and I'm happy. But, honestly? Nuke it :)

bugs
Beginner

Post by bugs » 08 Oct 2018 17:54

Are all the NPCs going to get nerfed by 63%, or are all available to us items now going to require a team? I'm fine with raising the tax, or just accepting the buggy calculation as de facto proper, if it took 10 years to notice, maybe whoever made the calculus on that just expected everything to be smaller? So many npcs/quests/areas have been added with the extra power as standard, we'd need to nerf half the npcs to make the game playable in similar format as it currently is. Just not seeing how spending 3x more on the same npcs we currently kill in 1x time, will add to the game. Maybe just accept the bug as baseline instead and pretend nothing happened?

EDIT: some thoughts after a chat, while the main point stays, we had the balance effort in <10 years, so we are all on the same page in terms of balance (with the buggy calculation), the thing that may need revising is guilds that rely on skill levels mostly where specials are not main dmg dealer? I'd vote on decreasing their tax and increasing efficiency of base skills? We are currently in a meta where specials are everything for players, and not so much for npcs (they hurt you with base sword attacks just as much as with their special (with some exceptions), while you can tickle them with your sword and 90% of actual dmg dealt is from mattack/charge). If we are to get nerfed to 37% of our current power just like that some npcs will not only take 3x more time, they will heal in that time so will become just unreachable solo. I don't believe we'll be getting 3x combat exp to sweaten the deal, so it will just make some items people got used to non-doable alone (saving items help a bit, but still seems like unnecessary nerf if the whole basis for it is a clerical error from 10 years ago, just change the document that said 100dmg/s = 1% tax to say 300 and the whole dabte is unneeded? Rebalancing of all guilds took just a moment, I'm sure rebalancing all NPCs will be 10x quicker as all wizards have now experience with that(or 67% more experience, who knows))
Last edited by bugs on 08 Oct 2018 19:00, edited 1 time in total.

Dhez
Great Adventurer

Post by Dhez » 08 Oct 2018 18:58

I think the title is misleading. It's not the game that would be nerfed, but the players. Or have I misunderstood?
You see a mousetrap. I see free cheese and a challenge.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Darken Rahl
Apprentice

Post by Darken Rahl » 10 Oct 2018 09:20

I have voted NO on this, for the moment.

There is only "one" solution to this and that is setup genesis on a second server.
Nerf it on that server. Let people login on that server too and let them play. Run it for 3-4 months.
Then you make an evaluation and THEN you have the vote on this. Not before it is tested.

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 10 Oct 2018 19:18

I'm pretty sure wizards already run things on the test server and that players can apply to be beta testers on in. At least I think! I could be VERY wrong.

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 10 Oct 2018 20:37

Nerf them all already.

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 11 Oct 2018 00:07

TripleM wrote:Too much talk of nerfing and nuking! Leave the world be!
Boost 3M!
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/