Alignment of grinding areas

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Should the Immortals review alignment of grinding areas?

Yes, there should be more grind areas that are neutral.
65%
I don't have an opinion either way.
12%
No, let's allow evil players to have more areas than goodies.
23%

Total votes: 26

Syrk
Rising Hero

Re: Alignment of grinding areas

Post by Syrk » 06 Oct 2018 15:05

Kvator wrote:how easy it is to maintain evil align (just few npcs in Kalaman to hit damned)
Could you please name those npcs (except Baxter)? I would really like to meet them.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 06 Oct 2018 15:09

Kvator wrote:
Ohh good you've mentioned how easy it is to maintain evil align (just few npcs in Kalaman to hit damned) when compared with good one (whole barrow downs at least to hit holy).

Thanks for the input! :D

(and also I agree that align should be removed from the game and replaced with faction system and maybe some outlaw lists for crimes in towns etc)
It's only easy if there are very few evil players. It becomes a real problem when people (and especially neutrals) kill Baxter. I already had to tell a few people that the next time I see them killing Baxter, it will be RDA protecting Kalaman, not the kniggets.

I too can spend half an hour in dwarfcamp and maybe move 1 word level of align. Thanks for rubbing barrow downs salt into the already bleeding wounds, Kvatie! I wish we had an area like that, even without the ultra-money 'bug' that goodies exploited for decades :)

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 06 Oct 2018 17:03

Syrk wrote:
Kvator wrote:how easy it is to maintain evil align (just few npcs in Kalaman to hit damned)
Could you please name those npcs (except Baxter)? I would really like to meet them.
Gate, militia, even maidens there lower align super fast.
If all are dead then you can go visit Drakmere and go damned there.
Meanwhile the goodie will be clearing fifth/sixth barrow down enjoying that he just hit sympathethic :)
Zugzug wrote: I too can spend half an hour in dwarfcamp and maybe move 1 word level of align. Thanks for rubbing barrow downs salt into the already bleeding wounds, Kvatie! I wish we had an area like that, even without the ultra-money 'bug' that goodies exploited for decades :)
Ohh you have it already - Tower of Arms :) (gives mooooore money btw - go exploit!)

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 06 Oct 2018 19:01

Kvator wrote:
Ohh you have it already - Tower of Arms :) (gives mooooore money btw - go exploit!)
In case you haven't noticed, I am a little bit bigger than a rising hero, I believe the money stops dropping around that level in the Tower of Arms.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 06 Oct 2018 19:17

Zugzug wrote:
Kvator wrote:
In case you haven't noticed, I am a little bit bigger than a rising hero, I believe the money stops dropping around that level in the Tower of Arms.
Money is not dropping at downs almost at all nowadays. ToA has much more equipment to loot and shop is even closer. You can earn there as quickly as nowhere else.

Damn this evil-oriented mud :(

shesh - you can even get your evil alignment set for just wielding proper weapon :/

As for your size - yup, I've noticed. No goodie ever was able to raise to such size so quickly - and we used to have some heavy scripters on "our" side (I have two good and two evil alts so dunno if I count into any side tbh). Your example just prove a point on how easy it is to be evil in Genesis :)

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 06 Oct 2018 20:05

Kvator wrote:
Zugzug wrote:
Kvator wrote:
Money is not dropping at downs almost at all nowadays. ToA has much more equipment to loot and shop is even closer. You can earn there as quickly as nowhere else.

Damn this evil-oriented mud :(

shesh - you can even get your evil alignment set for just wielding proper weapon :/

As for your size - yup, I've noticed. No goodie ever was able to raise to such size so quickly - and we used to have some heavy scripters on "our" side (I have two good and two evil alts so dunno if I count into any side tbh). Your example just prove a point on how easy it is to be evil in Genesis :)
He's only grinded areas that goodies grind aswell tho :P Zuggie has very very little time spent in Quali for instance :P

And one of the "good" scripted finally got busted for botting, should have been ages ago.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 06 Oct 2018 20:38

Draugor wrote: He's only grinded areas that goodies grind aswell tho :P Zuggie has very very little time spent in Quali for instance :P

And one of the "good" scripted finally got busted for botting, should have been ages ago.
I was in Quali with ZZ as one of my EVIL alts :) but nvm - I wonder if you can have similar results with some standard goodie setup...let's say RoI/BM!

Scripting is not illegal in Genesis afaik (otherwise both of us should be 'busted' as well I guess :) )

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 06 Oct 2018 21:08

Kvator wrote:
Draugor wrote: He's only grinded areas that goodies grind aswell tho :P Zuggie has very very little time spent in Quali for instance :P

I was in Quali with ZZ as one of my EVIL alts :) but nvm - I wonder if you can have similar results with some standard goodie setup...let's say RoI/BM!

Scripting is not illegal in Genesis afaik (otherwise both of us should be 'busted' as well I guess :) )

Hence "Very very little" and not "No time" :P Facts are he lives in a neutral/evil area, might go there for align correction :P

You need Damage to do xp and RoI aint damage :P So no you cant

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 06 Oct 2018 21:44

To drop in alignment there is a quest NPC in Mithas that drops alignment pretty good.
Not that it really is good to kill quest NPC, but sometimes one has to do it.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 07 Oct 2018 01:37

Just for the record - ToA doesn't drop any equipment either, when you are over a certain mortal size.

As for my growth in size - just keep in mind that anyone could have done that. But for some strange reason, did not. Just don't bounce between guilds and don't die. xD

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/