View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 20 Jul 2019 14:39

Forum rules


- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.



Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Quests with alignment restrictions 
Author Message
Titan
User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2010 01:05
Posts: 547
Meercat wrote:
Imagine you are a myth sized goblin character who is in an evil guild like Angmar. You want to maximize your quest experience because you believe it's important for growth.


Heh.

_________________
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks


01 May 2019 18:03
Profile YIM
Veteran

Joined: 20 May 2017 15:25
Posts: 222
Mersereau wrote:
Meercat wrote:
Imagine you are a myth sized goblin character who is in an evil guild like Angmar. You want to maximize your quest experience because you believe it's important for growth.


Heh.


I am surprised that nobody has suggested to go back in time when an arch cheated with various inner workings of genesis so that his friends could get massive amounts of quest xp from doing simple quests.


01 May 2019 18:50
Profile
Titan
User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2010 01:05
Posts: 547
They probably don't have any nanotech to do that.

_________________
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks


01 May 2019 20:53
Profile YIM
Great Adventurer

Joined: 30 Aug 2017 19:55
Posts: 166
Wouldn't it just be easier to slide the scale of when people hit the cap?

Add up all the quest exp that can be gained for doing every quest. Add up the evil-aligned quests exp and subtract it from all possible qexp gained to form a new cap. Done.

Now it doesn't matter if you do them or not, OCD wise go kill yourself off and spend the plats.


03 May 2019 00:27
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36
Posts: 2759
Greneth wrote:
Wouldn't it just be easier to slide the scale of when people hit the cap?

Add up all the quest exp that can be gained for doing every quest. Add up the evil-aligned quests exp and subtract it from all possible qexp gained to form a new cap. Done.

Now it doesn't matter if you do them or not, OCD wise go kill yourself off and spend the plats.


Sure, that would work. Although, what about everyone with a decade of event rewards? Or everyone who's been here every Wednesday for years to complete the market quest? While some would no doubt like a lowered QXP cap, I have a feeling a fairly large number of players will also feel cheated... since they suddenly got nerfed. And we would of course have t think of new rewards for the weekly quests and future events...


03 May 2019 00:50
Profile
Great Adventurer

Joined: 30 Aug 2017 19:55
Posts: 166
Cherek wrote:
Greneth wrote:
Wouldn't it just be easier to slide the scale of when people hit the cap?

Add up all the quest exp that can be gained for doing every quest. Add up the evil-aligned quests exp and subtract it from all possible qexp gained to form a new cap. Done.

Now it doesn't matter if you do them or not, OCD wise go kill yourself off and spend the plats.


Sure, that would work. Although, what about everyone with a decade of event rewards? Or everyone who's been here every Wednesday for years to complete the market quest? While some would no doubt like a lowered QXP cap, I have a feeling a fairly large number of players will also feel cheated... since they suddenly got nerfed. And we would of course have t think of new rewards for the weekly quests and future events...


Well it goes both ways, there are a lot of quests which had values changed over the years, some that arent even in game anymore. I'm sure if the exact amount was told to new players they would feel cheated as well. Anyone in the 90's got to really enjoy those benefits and still do. No need to change the rewards really, just offer other choices as well. If someone wants to keep doing the weekly and events so they dont have to do other quests, let them. If someone has max qexp and would rather have an imbue, give them that.


03 May 2019 01:26
Profile
Great Adventurer

Joined: 04 Jun 2010 23:37
Posts: 168
I would actually like to see the qcap raised :)


03 May 2019 13:13
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36
Posts: 2759
I split the topic since it derailed a bit. The other discussion about QXP was moved here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4793&p=43719#p43719


13 May 2019 13:43
Profile
Adept

Joined: 18 Jul 2017 19:31
Posts: 110
Meercat wrote:
Here's a list of race/alignment restricted quests:
Quests that good aligned people can't do:

Gondor:
32. Beacon Signal Sabotage
33. Corsair Captain
39. Trust of the Haradrim War Chief

Khalakhor:
21: Potion Quest
22: Paint Dragon
(These Khalhalhor quests can both be done on the sour side of neutral, neutral alignment but evil grin)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Quests that evil aligned people and/or goblins can't do:

Gondor:
1: Smuggle the Herb
2: Minas Tirith (Tour 1)
3: Minas Tirith (Tour 2)
4: Minas Tirith (Tour 3)
5: Minas Tirith (Tour 4)
6: Aid Gilraen
7: The Harad Banner
8: The Arraw Horn
13: The Minas Tirith Murder!
19: Pelargrir (Tour 3)
20: The Ranger Trap
21: The Enchanged Seed
22: The Lost Ranger
24: Elfhelms Job
34: Porter Quest
35: Oat Quest
36: Denethor Quest

Krynn:
6: Tour - Vingaard Keep Courtyard
36: Knight Museum Tour
37: Knights Spur Wood
38: Question Draconian
39: Free Draconian

Avenir:
13: Rescue Faerie

Shire:
7: Lost Brooch
8: Writing Quest
9: Imladris Forest

Khalakhor:
7: Eil-Galaith Entrance


just bumping this list because someone asked on discord, and also because it's nuts. there's been a lot of talk about the quest experience (ie. quantifiable), but it sucks to think of people missing out on so many adventures too.

although it's funny to think that only goodies and neutral folks are out there smuggling drugs into Minas Tirith. how did that gang get into MT, anyway? I say strike the align requirement for Minas Tirith, at least outside of wartime.


07 Jun 2019 21:51
Profile
Great Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: 22 Jul 2016 17:13
Posts: 199
Ya'll need to read.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4029


21 Jun 2019 15:30
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.