Perma-saving items

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Re: Perma-saving items

Post by Amberlee » 05 Dec 2019 13:51

Cherek wrote:
05 Dec 2019 10:02
Amberlee wrote:
05 Dec 2019 00:28
Word of advice.
Don't time stamp at all.
Not needed with the decay.
Just punishes casuals who wish to invest in heavy imbues.
We did discuss this a lot, and the problem is that if only combat makes things decay, we'll eventually end up with huge piles of EQ that is beneficial out of combat, since that kind of EQ would never be lost. We came to the conclusion that all EQ must have a finite lifetime, even if it will hurt casuals a bit. However, a couple of months is a pretty long time to enjoy your imbued EQ, even for a casual player.

You clearly have never tried to save up to an intense imbuement :P
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 05 Dec 2019 15:31

Any Imbuement make items last longer in combat-time. The rarer the imbue, the longer it lasts - part from ordinary combat wear ofcourse. That's different.

Solved.

But more hours general. Important!
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 05 Dec 2019 15:32

And bring back ironstones!
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 05 Dec 2019 15:49

Time-stamping imbued items would be bad for the game. Please don't do it. Find some other way.

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Post by Raelle » 05 Dec 2019 17:39

timestamping everything but imbues means I can carry around a pack of intense resistances/etc for PVP that can last my entire genesis life

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 05 Dec 2019 18:27

Longer does not mean forever.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 05 Dec 2019 20:46

Amberlee: I know very well how hard it is to collect stones for an intense imbue, I've done it myself. But many players are likely to enjoy their imbued items LONGER with the new system compared to the maximum of two Armageddons with the old system, and they also get to save it on their character.

Before, only those who played lots of hours daily and had access to a safe personal droproom could benefit maximally from imbued items. This new system will be more fair I think as both casual and "elite" players will get the same time out of their imbues, and everyone can save them on their person and don't risk losing them. I think this is a good thing.

Nils: Exactly what number of hours we'll end up with remains to be seen. What's your suggestion?

Anfalas
Wanderer

Post by Anfalas » 05 Dec 2019 22:18

To get an intense imbue you need 81 cracked of a particular stone. But you can combine any 3 to get the one you want. So 243 of any cracked for a specific intense. For me, playing 3-4 hours a day, just looking for imbues, roughly 3-4 per day. Say 4 for ease of math. Not hard data though, just memory/feel. Thats 60 or so days of constant farming for imbues. You can't really go to exp spots due to the system for imbue drops... that's a very active person playing 25-30hrs a week.
Granted, i know ways of making cash and can buy on the AH to speed that up.. but even still, it is painful for an intense imbue, even for us more active people. And that's all im looking for. No gear, no exp, just imbues.
A casual player likely would never be able to get one, or would take many months if not over a year for one intense...

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 05 Dec 2019 22:53

Anfalas: Yes, getting an intense is really hard. As it should be, they are also very powerful. But I don't think it's going to be less rewarding to collect imbuement stones with the new decay system compared to how it was before. Which stones are the best collect and the strategy people use might change, though. Time will tell.

In general I think it's important that we compare the new decay system with what we had _before_ the perma-saving system. Not comparing it with the "I can have my intense-imbued weapon for all eternity"-system we have now. You all know it was only temporary, and lasted far longer than originally intended.

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 06 Dec 2019 01:10

Time-stamp imbues, then, but make the clock run only while items are worn / wielded. Wouldn't that even things out in terms of combat / non-combat? That way, you're not penalizing more casual players (and wasn't that the whole point of making stuff save on your character to begin with?).

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/