WHO - why too much transparency is bad for Genesis

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
User avatar
nils
Veteran
Posts: 234
Joined: 22 Jul 2016 17:13

Re: WHO - why too much transparency is bad for Genesis

Post by nils » 16 Jul 2019 23:28

This is a non-issue.

Please refrain from giving this mild nuisance of a topic any attention and turn your eyes to the developments best described as "in the grey area".

Is it time to evaluate forever saving items, while reflecting on the order of operations - perhaps it would have been better to review all non-dull weapons BEFORE initiating the change?

The templar racks dupe items, yet nobody seems to find the err and hence the racks are left to dupe. Perhaps a floor should be introduced, untill the err has been found. In all fairness.

Has anyone reflected over the absurd influx of ridiculous player sizes, how it came to be and how this is related to topics above?

Dear admin, I know it's hard to admit mistakes. It can hurt and I can relate, but the recent and rash decisions and subsequent changes implemented have turned out to be, best case scenario, short sighted. Worst case, the economics, game mechanics and other, to me invisible, factors have been detrimental to the experience that is Genesis. Please evaluate. Or in the very least - initiate a no-glow reboot.


The Nils
Lesser guilds deserve their suffering, you feel unjustly nerfed and want to be restored to your rightful glory... huh. I guess you're Genesis Hitler then. It feels so sweet to say this.. Fuck you, Hitler.
-Drazson, 21.07.2019

Amberlee
Myth
Posts: 1378
Joined: 08 Mar 2010 19:50
Location: Kristiansund, Norway

Re: WHO - why too much transparency is bad for Genesis

Post by Amberlee » 16 Jul 2019 23:38

nils wrote:This is a non-issue.

Please refrain from giving this mild nuisance of a topic any attention and turn your eyes to the developments best described as "in the grey area".

Is it time to evaluate forever saving items, while reflecting on the order of operations - perhaps it would have been better to review all non-dull weapons BEFORE initiating the change?

The templar racks dupe items, yet nobody seems to find the err and hence the racks are left to dupe. Perhaps a floor should be introduced, untill the err has been found. In all fairness.

Has anyone reflected over the absurd influx of ridiculous player sizes, how it came to be and how this is related to topics above?

Dear admin, I know it's hard to admit mistakes. It can hurt and I can relate, but the recent and rash decisions and subsequent changes implemented have turned out to be, best case scenario, short sighted. Worst case, the economics, game mechanics and other, to me invisible, factors have been detrimental to the experience that is Genesis. Please evaluate. Or in the very least - initiate a no-glow reboot.


The Nils

Woof..
No-glow reboot.
That would be interesting.

While I don't necessarily agree that's the solution(I don't necessarily disagree to it either) I do agree to the rest of what The Nils said.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

User avatar
Mersereau
Champion
Posts: 551
Joined: 05 Mar 2010 01:05
Contact:

Re: WHO - why too much transparency is bad for Genesis

Post by Mersereau » 17 Jul 2019 03:55

At least fix the titles so they are grammatically correct.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Zugzug
Veteran
Posts: 233
Joined: 20 May 2017 15:25

Re: WHO - why too much transparency is bad for Genesis

Post by Zugzug » 17 Jul 2019 11:46

Amberlee wrote:
nils wrote:This is a non-issue.

Please refrain from giving this mild nuisance of a topic any attention and turn your eyes to the developments best described as "in the grey area".

Is it time to evaluate forever saving items, while reflecting on the order of operations - perhaps it would have been better to review all non-dull weapons BEFORE initiating the change?

The templar racks dupe items, yet nobody seems to find the err and hence the racks are left to dupe. Perhaps a floor should be introduced, untill the err has been found. In all fairness.

Has anyone reflected over the absurd influx of ridiculous player sizes, how it came to be and how this is related to topics above?

Dear admin, I know it's hard to admit mistakes. It can hurt and I can relate, but the recent and rash decisions and subsequent changes implemented have turned out to be, best case scenario, short sighted. Worst case, the economics, game mechanics and other, to me invisible, factors have been detrimental to the experience that is Genesis. Please evaluate. Or in the very least - initiate a no-glow reboot.


The Nils

Woof..
No-glow reboot.
That would be interesting.

While I don't necessarily agree that's the solution(I don't necessarily disagree to it either) I do agree to the rest of what The Nils said.
The amount of imbues people have amassed is ungodly. Especially those who aren't much prone to tanking, making their uber-imbued armours truly last "forever".
Would simply making all (and not just the person "upfront") armors decay - perhaps those not taking hits would decay slower, but still - solve this issue? It would be the best of both worlds - people who made that "truly special" item and save it for a "special occasion" would hang on to it, however most others who just hide behind a tank in all combat wouldn't be going around as pure DPS uber-specialists hitting 3x above their weight.

Make all weapons decay over time in combat. Perhaps that will lower the number of twinks who are created just to get an azure sword to imbue.

Still waiting on the results of that duping thing from you, the wizards, btw. It's hard to motivate yourself spending time in a game where nothing really happens to those who do, in fact, cheat - to gain immense advantage and where the game administration feels like just sweeping things under the rug for Nth time is a good idea.

I mean, those of us who've been around know pretty much all the names that were cranking out duped imbues years ago, months ago and now. They (those players) are still mostly among us, still using those lapidariums, humming along.

So yeah, perhaps snowflakes who are all bent over about their name (not title! not guilds! just name!) appearing on players 'who' list should take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

User avatar
Cherek
Site Admin
Posts: 2774
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36

Re: WHO - why too much transparency is bad for Genesis

Post by Cherek » 17 Jul 2019 12:52

Stay on topic please. This thread is about transparency and the who-list. Probably best to create a new topic for the other stuff, since I have a feeling that could be a lengthy discussion as well.

User avatar
nils
Veteran
Posts: 234
Joined: 22 Jul 2016 17:13

Re: WHO - why too much transparency is bad for Genesis

Post by nils » 17 Jul 2019 12:55

Cherek wrote:Stay on topic please. This thread is about transparency and the who-list. Probably best to create a new topic for the other stuff, since I have a feeling that could be a lengthy discussion as well.

I agree and I usually do, but I kinda tried two swat to birds with one stone here. I'm all about efficiency.
Lesser guilds deserve their suffering, you feel unjustly nerfed and want to be restored to your rightful glory... huh. I guess you're Genesis Hitler then. It feels so sweet to say this.. Fuck you, Hitler.
-Drazson, 21.07.2019

User avatar
Mim
Veteran
Posts: 237
Joined: 06 Mar 2010 14:39
Location: Behind your back

Re: WHO - why too much transparency is bad for Genesis

Post by Mim » 17 Jul 2019 20:20

Topic is Who. Someone told me that today some guild(s) can scry unknown people from Who list.
Pls tell me this is fake news. Pls.
As an explorer, you have done enough to retire.

Raelle
Adept
Posts: 114
Joined: 18 Jul 2017 19:31

Re: WHO - why too much transparency is bad for Genesis

Post by Raelle » 17 Jul 2019 21:34

Mim wrote:Topic is Who. Someone told me that today some guild(s) can scry unknown people from Who list.
Pls tell me this is fake news. Pls.
if a character is awake and has a name, they can be scried

User avatar
Mersereau
Champion
Posts: 551
Joined: 05 Mar 2010 01:05
Contact:

Re: WHO - why too much transparency is bad for Genesis

Post by Mersereau » 18 Jul 2019 00:16

Mim wrote:Topic is Who. Someone told me that today some guild(s) can scry unknown people from Who list.
Pls tell me this is fake news. Pls.
This has been possible for ages.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Draugor
Myth
Posts: 1780
Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14

Re: WHO - why too much transparency is bad for Genesis

Post by Draugor » 18 Jul 2019 08:59

Raelle wrote:
Mim wrote:Topic is Who. Someone told me that today some guild(s) can scry unknown people from Who list.
Pls tell me this is fake news. Pls.
if a character is awake and has a name, they can be scried
And you can see if they are awake even tho you dont know them :D Yaaay!

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/