Mithas trolls

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
nils
Titan

Re: Mithas trolls

Post by nils » 13 Feb 2020 22:59

What happened to live review/bugfixing?

And oh, I've probably spent several hundred hours in Mithas, never once have I seen anything wrong. If anything, more camps please.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 14 Feb 2020 00:30

sylphan wrote:
13 Feb 2020 17:53
Arman wrote:
13 Feb 2020 15:33
Thalric wrote:
13 Feb 2020 15:29
How can you not have discovered or known it before now?

As you say, it's been there for a decade.
Not the first wizard that's been looking at that area.
I remember someone trying to put in a bot-stopper.
Making some question you should answer to enter the camp.
Why would I know? When I became a wizard back in the 90s the expectation was that you would avoid areas and guilds you code or were responsible for... for obvious conflict of interest reasons. I have never hunted the Mithas trolls with any character of mine.
What an odd policy. It seems very strange that a liege wouldn't have a look round every once in a while, or that s/he would be unaware of what everyone who plays at all regularly has long known about. It's not like anyone has been secretive about it.
The reasoning was to remove the temptation of creating to benefit your own character. In fact in the 90s the early policy was you had to wiz with your primary character so that temptation was removed. Then it allowed for non-primaries to be your wizard as long as you were kept at arms length of any code related to your characters... that one is still a preferred policy, but not strictly adhered to.

Anyway, it isn't unusual for wizards to come across suspicious code they weren't aware of that had been in place for a long long time or hasn't been appropriately documented. Terel is a goldmine for that sort of stuff. Krynn/Ansalon less so... largely because I was involved in making most of it ;). But I do have a 10 year blind spot. The changes to Mithas trolls definitely were a surprise to me.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 14 Feb 2020 06:57

Question to regular hunters of the trolls in Mithas. Do you find that the rooms reset much slower than other grinding rooms?

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 14 Feb 2020 08:18

Ok, Mithas trolls are re-opened. The code has been reviewed and tidied up.

You won't really notice any changes to your grind.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 14 Feb 2020 14:46

Arman wrote:
14 Feb 2020 06:57
Question to regular hunters of the trolls in Mithas. Do you find that the rooms reset much slower than other grinding rooms?
Perhaps slightly?
Not something I have really thought about since it's been as it is for so long.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Post by Raelle » 14 Feb 2020 17:58

Arman wrote:
The wise troll room seems pretty standard but I can't speak for the rest of the place. We kill the trolls and leave!

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 15 Feb 2020 00:36

I feel the same way about this as I did for the change to the Wights dropping gold. I'm sorry, but at a certain point it's a feature, not a bug. If it's been a decade, it's a feature at this point.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 15 Feb 2020 13:12

Hats off for swift review and reopening.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Rache
Adventurer

Post by Rache » 16 Feb 2020 14:15

Arman wrote:
Actually, yes. This was brought up during a recent grind there. Seems to be quite a bit slower.

Yeren
Apprentice

Post by Yeren » 14 Apr 2020 01:04

Yes Mithas resets about 2x slower than other areas.

As to the circles - originally it was 1 circle.
The other two have been added a few years after the first one.

Thanks for the Re-work of the area!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/