(Ab)using skills to gain maximum profit

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Mim
Rising Hero

(Ab)using skills to gain maximum profit

Post by Mim » 01 Apr 2020 11:53

Hello!

Now that it seems we are 100 or more people on now and then it might be time to bring up some new (for some) things that are not very well known in the game.

For example the 'new' tavern in Sparkle, which is a cool place.
Armwrestling quest and a good place to rest in for some extra xp.

Some extra xp you may ask?
Yes, by just beeing there you slowly gain extra xp factor in a later combat.
Did you miss that?
Extra xp gain factor by resting in the inn.
If you did miss that, pls read this post about it.

https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewt ... 285#p44288

There are a lot of more things I did not know about Genesis.
Things that can help your character a lot.

Remember those guys who broke Genesis monetary system half a year ago?
By using the Valar herb spell they created 100s of rooms with the most valuable herb in Genesis.
They harvested thousands of those herbs, maxed trading skill (sup guru) and went to the herbalist who gives you the most of your sold herbs and gained 1000000 platinums in a few days.
By using their brains and the game skills in a perhaps not the most ethical way.

Are there more of theese kind of tricks?
Yeah! :)

I remember the days when pkills and pfights were every days action.
Some guys are really a LOT better than most of us on that, using every trick there is.
For example, in one bar, one can buy a glass of beer. But before leaving the bar you must return the glass to the bar keeper.
So in one fight, one enemy thought he/she had the upper hand, and was lured into the bar during a fight.
In the fighting spam someone gave him/her a glass of beer.
When the fight suddenly turned, and this player tried to run away, the barkeeper stopped him/her from doing that. In the stress, how can you know what is going on when
”The barkeeper stops you from leaving”

Anyway, I did interview the herb guys.
The main idea was thought out by Turd (Snape on Demonsgate).
He told me that many of the ideas we see in Genesis actually comes from Demonsgate first.
Gorboth, Arman and Cherek all hang there to share info and ideas with the admin on Demonsgate.

The recoded Minstrels for example are actually using a lot of ideas from Demensgate.
The serenade songs (only for Bards guild in Telberin members) are mainly from DG.
Turd told me that on Demensgate the Moonlight Serenade (Sunlight on Genesis) first came from old LUX in Genesis. Giving light to a room.
This was useless, so Demensgate made a new song about it, a song that is now returned to Genesis as Sunlight Serenade.
Sunlight Serenade gives one lvl of light (useless), but what is less known is that it also speeds up hp regeneration, mana regeneration and heals fatigue!!
As long you stay in the Sunlight ofc.
The speed of those regenerations are not bad at all, which makes Sunlight Serenade a good song.

But now Turd, (or Snape), found out more on Demonsgate.
The song also speeds up room generation when the room baths in sunlight!

This does not work well by playing the song once. But it works.
And the effect of the Serenade that increase room resetting speed , is also affected by character speed when the song is sung!
So after finishing the saturday herb quest in Sparkle, wearing Golden Gauntles, and the speed boots from Avenir Ziggurat, using 2 maxed speed imbues the effects are multiplied with 8!
And the cool down of the song is lower than the effect so it can be sung again and again.

So by singing Moonlight constantly (stacking did not work) on Demonsgate with high character speed they managed to have room resets in 15 minutes or less. All the time!!
And it works the same way on Genesis, creating an almost unlimited mob spawning in one room.

If one thing speeds up, why not two things??
Turd (also Minstrel ofc) tested Sunlight in the new arm wrestling tavern.
The extra xp gain factor is not very effective even if you might profit from it. (see the link above)
You must stand in the inn for a long time, then travel to the combat area while your extra xp gain factor decreases, fight the mob for the extra xp, gaining some extra xp depending on how long your fight will last.
But if you cast Sunlight Serenade in the inn while beeing speeded you get maximum advantage from the extra xp gain! The xp gain factor will reach maximum very quick and the max is HIGH.
At the same time your Minstrel buddy makes sure the combat room reset with new mobs, also by playing Sunlight.
If you wondered why there often is a Minstrel standing at the giants in Sparkle, and one in the armwrestling inn, you now know.
The giants give good xp (extremely good actually). If you, with the extra xp gain factor from the inn, kill them every 15 mins or less (the average room reset is actually less than 8 minutes) you will recieve fantastic progress in 1,5 hours, which is pretty good for a big myth.
And you do not have to leave Sparkle....

Mim
Rising Hero

Re: (Ab)using skills to gain maximum profit

Post by Mim » 02 Apr 2020 00:55

Mim wrote:
01 Apr 2020 11:53

Turd told me that on Demensgate the Moonlight Serenade (Sunlight on Genesis) first came from old LUX in Genesis. Giving light to a room.
This was useless, so Demensgate made a new song about it, a song that is now returned to Genesis as Sunlight Serenade.
Sunlight Serenade gives one lvl of light (useless), but what is less known is that it also speeds up hp regeneration, mana regeneration and heals fatigue!!
*Ack*

Someone nerfed the serenade.
It doesn't work anymore. :(

Tarlok
Apprentice

Post by Tarlok » 02 Apr 2020 03:51

Not bad, but I enjoyed your jabberwock vibrato post from 2 years ago better. Thanks for the fun.

Targun
Adept

Post by Targun » 02 Apr 2020 22:00

Every year I fall for this...

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 02 Apr 2020 22:32

Targun wrote:
02 Apr 2020 22:00
Every year I fall for this...
*cheer* :D

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 02 Apr 2020 22:35

Tarlok wrote:
02 Apr 2020 03:51
Not bad, but I enjoyed your jabberwock vibrato post from 2 years ago better. Thanks for the fun.
Thx.
I tried to find another one from time ago.
No idea where all the gibberish I wrote came from, but it was about small HARD hitting creatures gives more xp to kill than BIG HARD hitting creatures.
And the >< smallest HARD hitter was the infamous Re Albi castle rat. So small and hit so HARD that you actually gained xp by beeing killed. :D (total nonsense :D)
Maybe it was on last forum board and is now gone into the big void.

Yeren
Apprentice

Post by Yeren » 14 Apr 2020 00:50

😂

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/