About Quest XP

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Thalric
Rising Hero

About Quest XP

Post by Thalric » 22 May 2020 16:04

Moderator: The discussion about Minas Tirith derailed and became a discussion about QXP. I've split the topic, and moved the QXP discussion here instead.
Amberlee wrote:
22 May 2020 14:59
Arman.
The problem is this.
Minas Tirith is THE biggest questhub in Genesis.
It has the total amassed quest XP gathered in one place.
And it is locked off to anyone who is evil OR that the rangers just don't like.

So no it is not understandable since there is NO equivalent to that for evil characters.
Something that does not make sense in todays Genesis with an actual QEXP cap
THE biggest questhub?
It has 9 quests that cannot be solved as evil.
3 of these are tours.
3 more rather small...
3 bigger ones.

Look at Kabal, and compare with that...
Now, which area has the most QXP?

Arman
Wizard

Re: Drow and Minas Tirith - latest status?

Post by Arman » 22 May 2020 16:14

Amberlee wrote:
Arman.
The problem is this.

So no it is not understandable since there is NO equivalent to that for evil characters.
I think you are confusing understandable with fair. It is very understandable how it happened.

With the QEXP cap, the more quests that get introduced reduces the importance of MT as a necessary quest hub. The solution is simply there needs to be more quests so that you don't need to rely on one quest hub to hit the cap. I don't see evil players struggling to hit the QEXP cap. And I personally don't think it is necessary for MT to change its entry rules.

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 22 May 2020 17:33

Arman wrote:
22 May 2020 16:14
I think you are confusing understandable with fair. It is very understandable how it happened.

With the QEXP cap, the more quests that get introduced reduces the importance of MT as a necessary quest hub. The solution is simply there needs to be more quests so that you don't need to rely on one quest hub to hit the cap. I don't see evil players struggling to hit the QEXP cap. And I personally don't think it is necessary for MT to change its entry rules.
Reaching the QXP cap?
I am not sure you know how hard that is...
From what I know, only very old characters with old quests, and players who were made in a time where the qxp multiplier (for whatever lame reason) was increased, has reached the QCP cap.

My main character is nearly 23 years old, has participated in and won several events as well as solved every single quest available... and yet he has not reached the QXP cap.
He is still at: As an explorer, you have done countless legendary feats.

So I would believe that the cap is unachievable for most people.
Unless you change the multiplier again, at which I would also like to have ALL my quest done changed to match that increased multiplier.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 22 May 2020 17:51

Thalric: have you also finished the chef station and kiosk quests?

If I'm not mistaken to finish the kiosk quest would take people around 4-5 years if they didn't miss a single week. Also, as Arman has stated, with introduction of new quests you'll have other ways to get the qexp needed to reach the cap.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 22 May 2020 19:44

No, I haven't solved all of those yet.
But even if I did, there is no chance that new characters can reach the QXP cap.
Unless they win a ton of events.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 22 May 2020 19:57

Arman wrote:
22 May 2020 16:14
Amberlee wrote:
Arman.
The problem is this.

Reason you don't see evil players struggling with it is simple.
We say "Go goodie until you finish Minas Tirith or you are borked!"
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 22 May 2020 20:01

Thalric wrote:
22 May 2020 19:44
No, I haven't solved all of those yet.
But even if I did, there is no chance that new characters can reach the QXP cap.
Unless they win a ton of events.
Funnily enough I have new characters who have more qxp than my characters that are 20+ years old. The thing is, you don't really NEED to reach the cap at all.

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 22 May 2020 20:22

What does NEED have to do with anything?

This sidetrack was about reaching the QXP cap, not if it's needed to function or not.
I can't say if your old characters just haven't done a whole bunch of quests, or if you're one of those who've benefitted a lot from some increased QXP multiplier.
If your new character has more QXP than mine, then I'd say something is completely fucked and flawed.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 22 May 2020 20:57

Thalric wrote:
22 May 2020 20:22
What does NEED have to do with anything?

This sidetrack was about reaching the QXP cap, not if it's needed to function or not.
I can't say if your old characters just haven't done a whole bunch of quests, or if you're one of those who've benefitted a lot from some increased QXP multiplier.
If your new character has more QXP than mine, then I'd say something is completely fucked and flawed.
My 20 year old char is at impressive list of things :)

There's just too many quests that I don't really feel like doing at all.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 23 May 2020 00:10

Gorboth once said that the qxp cap will always be higher than qxp available in game. Those who can reach the cap is either old people or people who has won alot of events.

New quests will only raise the qxp bar as i understood it?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/