Standing idle all the day.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
TripleM
Apprentice

Re: Standing idle all the day.

Post by TripleM » 15 Jun 2020 17:21

Cherek wrote:
08 Jun 2020 20:31

Setting up scripts or triggers to play the game for you while you are not there goes against our botting rules. So idling with triggers to for example autobuy stuff on auction is not okay, since then you've automated your character to play the game for you.

Just standing somewhere and being given stuff does not sound like botting to me, since you're not actually doing anything. However, having triggers setup to react in some way would probably violate our botting rules. For example, having a trigger to pay the person money when they give you stuff, or an aotomated trigger to drop unwanted or dangerous items given to you.
While essentially and technically that seems fair, I still can not see from a game perspective, why standing in a saferoom forever should be facilitated. Why not cap the amount of time one is allowed to stand in a safe-room, and make it work like LD, after 2 hours or something you are logged out?

I mean, sometimes RL catches up with us, and we can quickrun to church to stay safe for a while. Fine. Sometimes to get out of a pfight, people can flee to a saferoom, fine (altho why not quit out, as the requirement for being actually safe in a saferoom is the same for quitting?). But why people should be able to stay in one safe-room (to stay safe?) for an entire Armageddon, is beyond me.

I think the age grinding thing (altho I am rooting for Amberlee to keep ahead of sad robot) is not something I'm particularly in favour of. But I'd say there are too many possible ways to do that, that are relatively safe that it cannot be prevented anyways.
The reason Raelle gave, concealing the times when I am actually playing active from times I am not, makes sense, but that doesnt work in a room, that everyone can walk in.

Having said all that, there probably are bigger issues to be solved.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 16 Jun 2020 12:48

TripleM wrote:
15 Jun 2020 17:21
Having said all that, there probably are bigger issues to be solved.
That's pretty much how I see it too :) And, I am not really sure it IS a problem either. What exactly is problemetic with players idling in a saferoom? Other than being able to "age-grind"? Which is something you probably would do in the relative safety of your guild anyway, so we'd have to make all guild rooms idle-free too... or have a rule against idling, but that seems like a bad idea to me.

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 17 Jun 2020 21:54

What exactly is problemetic with players idling in a saferoom?
You don't lose your combat speed bonus from Saturday herb quest for the entire Armageddon. If you get lucky, you can stack two bonuses.

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 17 Jun 2020 22:12

It used to last only 24 hours...
But perhaps they changed that?

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 17 Jun 2020 22:33

Rincon wrote:
17 Jun 2020 21:54
What exactly is problemetic with players idling in a saferoom?
You don't lose your combat speed bonus from Saturday herb quest for the entire Armageddon. If you get lucky, you can stack two bonuses.
No.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 17 Jun 2020 23:20

Ooops, sorry, my bad.

Titan

Post by Avatar » 15 Aug 2020 11:58

Idling is the perfect way to not lose your equipment. You can be your own idle stash.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 16 Aug 2020 02:21

15 Aug 2020 11:58
Idling is the perfect way to not lose your equipment. You can be your own idle stash.
Well that was true before, but surely not these days? Unless you mean idling with some rare items that still drop when you quit?

Titan

Post by Avatar » 16 Aug 2020 02:57

Cherek wrote:
16 Aug 2020 02:21
15 Aug 2020 11:58
Well that was true before, but surely not these days? Unless you mean idling with some rare items that still drop when you quit?
Ah, maybe I am to out of touch with the game to make my previous statement. In that case I apologize.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/