What killed the PvP?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Re: What killed the PvP?

Post by Amberlee » 29 Jul 2020 20:33

Tommo wrote:
29 Jul 2020 19:43
Personally PVP is aone reason I dont play much (ever) now. (not the only reason)

I dont have as much time to focus time on the game and when I am in I need to break off here and there for RL commitments ( family/kids etc). What I started seeing more and more was a few super big, typically goblin players, wait until they are huge then start focusing on PVP, by bullying races who clearly have a significant disadvantage. This means the whole log in session is split between RL tasks and checking to see if you have been jumped by someone.

End result dont bother playing. Not the fault of the game, not the fault of people who are so bored of questing/exploring/killing that the only way they can have fun is to throw their weight around, thats just their RP. Still doesnt make it a fun game to play

Now IF certain areas where PVP only, to allow for people to settle scores and prove a point, and allow the rest of us to enjoy the game and not just get chased around, I would have reason to play again.

Tommo
tbh I haven't had an issue with this in a decade or so.
And know why?
I am not in a guild with known instigators who suddenly disappears once they stir the hornet's nest too much.
Yes I am talking about some of your fellow Calians and their friends.
Unfortunately the entire guild pays the price for what they did and continue to do.
If you want a peaceful and quiet life where you only answer to your own actions I highly recommend mercs.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Tommo
Beginner

Post by Tommo » 29 Jul 2020 20:50

possibly, or just dont bother to play. Plenty of other games to play.

not going to be run out of a guild I joined 30 years ago because of someones beef with someone I have never met or heard of. In the 2 years I did return, I never saw a current calian attack anyone, we were constantly hunted however.

At some point this surely becomes more than just RP. Anyway like I say, I am retired for another 25 years, if anything changes, I may come back.

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 30 Jul 2020 22:02

Hmm... My two cents is that Cassius had a massive b**** for killing Habiki
and made unreasonable demands to further that end. When that did not work
he started attacking small Calians for no very good reason.

And now he is playing possum while he regains his size. At which point I expect
he will take up his ways again.

(And hi Tommo :) )

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 31 Jul 2020 01:56

Budwise wrote:
30 Jul 2020 22:02
Hmm... My two cents is that Cassius had a massive b**** for killing Habiki
and made unreasonable demands to further that end. When that did not work
he started attacking small Calians for no very good reason.

And now he is playing possum while he regains his size. At which point I expect
he will take up his ways again.

(And hi Tommo :) )
Oh Cassius is far from innocent.
He is as much an instigator as the people I am talking about.
Make no mistake though, there is a very good reason to why Calians are pretty hated and it can all be tracked back to certain individuals.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 31 Jul 2020 06:18

"Make no mistake though, there is a very good reason to why Calians are pretty hated..."

Look. I-- I'd had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, 'That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah.'

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 31 Jul 2020 13:37

Budwise wrote:
31 Jul 2020 06:18
"Make no mistake though, there is a very good reason to why Calians are pretty hated..."

Look. I-- I'd had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, 'That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah.'
Halibut is quite good though.

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 01 Aug 2020 13:15

Amberlee wrote:
31 Jul 2020 01:56
it can all be tracked back to certain individuals.
I was away for quite some time a few years back.
Who are those certain individuals?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/