medallion necromancer raumdor

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Re: medallion necromancer raumdor

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 25 Aug 2020 21:34

Drazson wrote:
25 Aug 2020 18:35
Stats have secondary uses. It *is* a small nerf to int/wis. :)
I thought the point was to discourage people from pigeonholing to a couple of stats, not encouraging them.
it is a small nerf, but you shouldn't have to hunt a rare item just to remember your seeker. Perhaps the slots could be sent on time playing?
and you could put int/Wis in an equation with time playing?
Stabby stabby stab stab.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 26 Aug 2020 00:14

Cherek wrote:
25 Aug 2020 17:30
nils wrote:
25 Aug 2020 16:54
Fuck no.
I think they meant let you remember all the people who introduce themselves to you? Which might not be such a bad idea?
Technically I think it would be best to just remove the limit and do an auto-remember on people who introduce themselves to you (in case you forget). This would also alleviate the problem of some of the older players having even more limited memory space due to them having a lot of friends in it who haven't been playing for many years (but you never know when they might show up again after a 15-20 year hiatus). It's really a hard choice, do you forget someone you have fond memories of just because they haven't been around for a while just so you can remember someone who's active now?

I think this is a serious limitation that is actually detrimental to the game.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 26 Aug 2020 00:58

Let's just continue to ruin what's been genesis for 25+ years, shall we? Make it easier! more social! Yes! That's what drew us here in the first place right? How easy it was?

Gawd.. Fucking forget someone, problem solved.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Thoru
Beginner

Post by Thoru » 26 Aug 2020 06:50

I have to admit, I am in agreement with Nils on this one. Part of the "charm" of Genesis is only being able to remember X amount of people. There are a myriad of reasons why you chose to remember people or not but it is a choice that has to be intentionally made. I, for one, have agonized over "unremembering" the friend I teamed with 3 years ago but no longer logs in but, again, its a choice. If they do log in again I will have another choice to remember them and forget someone else.

The bigger issue, to me, is the introduction itself. If I introduce to someone in Genesis they get the choice of remembering me or not. And in Genesis that is a field day of information, my whole Genesis life if you will. They get my mortal level, my Occupation (for most, and if not that then a good guess as to what it is) my Layman and in some instances, my Craft. This can provide certain...advantages as most know. There is probably a reason why most choose to Remember people in opposing Guilds.

For the sake of "realism," I would argue I introduce myself to numerous people, daily. But I give them a name, perhaps first and last, but I do not give them my whole life story. I think Genesis would benefit in a mechanic that allows us to introduce "briefly" OR full titles. Remember both if you get them and let the full title replace the brief title but allow for anonymity. After all, it can be considered a big deal to get some people's full introduction in the Realms.

*Disclaimer: I know there are Guilds that can hide titles, change titles, reveal titles, and shorten titles when they want. I also know that much of the information contained in a title can be garnered from a description (copy/paste or hand written notes seem to be a lost art). All of that aside, Thoru Half-Elven, and Thoru Half-Elven of Palanthas, The High Clerist of Solamnia and August Doctor of Music, legend, male half-elf are two very different things.

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 26 Aug 2020 07:56

The medallion is a sought after bonus item.
Feeling entitled to have it all the time is just stupid.
Even more so for the reason of remembering more people.

I also agree with Nils. Stop making it a place for spoiled people. If not before, they can grow up a bit here, where you cant do everything.

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 26 Aug 2020 11:45

I have a medallion that raises my int and stays with me all the time... Neener neener!

But there is an easier way to get more free brainspace. Seek out philatelist in Mvsevm in Sparkle.
He can sell you a tube of glue. Just sniff that a few times and problem solved.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 26 Aug 2020 13:23

nils wrote:
26 Aug 2020 00:58
Let's just continue to ruin what's been genesis for 25+ years, shall we? Make it easier! more social! Yes! That's what drew us here in the first place right? How easy it was?

Gawd.. Fucking forget someone, problem solved.
I don't think having limited memory space is what really constitues what Genesis is or isn't. To me it wouldn't be interfering with the core of Genesis (you probably also hate the fact that now you can list all people in the game by name). I mean, what real difference does it make? Either way you have no control over who chooses to remember or forget you and still have full control over who you introduce to or not. This would be just a quality of life improvement.

If you're such a purist you should advocate the return to truly the old ways, since most players who stayed with the game the longest started playing with a very specific feature set:
- death taking 40% instead of 25% of your xp
- no death recovery
- most items don't save and those that do only save once
- armageddon every 24h wiping everything
- eq in the racks never saving (having to take out all glowing items before arma and putting it back in after was a very social event)
- herbing lowering your brute
- herbs recovering one by one
- smiths and herbalists being layman guilds (no craft)

I wonder if it would be possible to rollback gen to some build from before the new mortal levels were introduced for a weekend just so people could see how fun it was (instead of regular wizday).
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Titan

Post by Avatar » 26 Aug 2020 14:43

Agreed.

Genesis Vanilla version.

Would love that.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 26 Aug 2020 14:43

I want HP/SP and universal tell back in that case :)

Taro
Adventurer

Post by Taro » 26 Aug 2020 15:13

Brand new subscription MMO - Genesis Classic! It'll sell like hotcakes.
“There was this about vampires : they could never look scruffy. Instead, they were... what was the word... deshabille. It meant untidy, but with bags and bags of style.”

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/