medallion necromancer raumdor

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Titan

Re: medallion necromancer raumdor

Post by Avatar » 26 Aug 2020 16:10

Oooo, I get to be bonked on the head by the pipe of a Hin warrior again?

Nifty!
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 26 Aug 2020 18:03

Zhar wrote:
26 Aug 2020 13:23
If you're such a purist you should advocate the return to truly the old ways, since most players who stayed with the game the longest started playing with a very specific feature set:
- death taking 40% instead of 25% of your xp Funfunfun!
- no death recovery Fuuuun!
- most items don't save and those that do only save once Yes! GENESIS!
- armageddon every 24h wiping everything (8 hours.. good times! GENESIS!)
- eq in the racks never saving (having to take out all glowing items before arma and putting it back in after was a very social event) Yes! GENESIS!
- herbing lowering your brute (Dumb move!)
- herbs recovering one by one (Meh.. I can survive that one too)
- smiths and herbalists being layman guilds (no craft) (So good, fuck those craft guilds!)
Damn, you just got me wet! Give me all of the above, except the herb stuff.. Yes! A better game indeed!

That said, I'm not sayin you should, but if you did check out my notes from earlier you'll see me hammering along like a proper conservative.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 26 Aug 2020 18:26

Zhar wrote:
26 Aug 2020 13:23

I don't think having limited memory space is what really constitues what Genesis is or isn't. To me it wouldn't be interfering with the core of Genesis (you probably also hate the fact that now you can list all people in the game by name). I mean, what real difference does it make? Either way you have no control over who chooses to remember or forget you and still have full control over who you introduce to or not. This would be just a quality of life improvement.

If you're such a purist you should advocate the return to truly the old ways, since most players who stayed with the game the longest started playing with a very specific feature set:
- death taking 40% instead of 25% of your xp
- no death recovery
- most items don't save and those that do only save once
- armageddon every 24h wiping everything
- eq in the racks never saving (having to take out all glowing items before arma and putting it back in after was a very social event)
- herbing lowering your brute
- herbs recovering one by one
- smiths and herbalists being layman guilds (no craft)

I wonder if it would be possible to rollback gen to some build from before the new mortal levels were introduced for a weekend just so people could see how fun it was (instead of regular wizday).
There is a typo in there.

- armageddon every 4h wiping everything

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 26 Aug 2020 18:50

Too easy. No items!

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 26 Aug 2020 19:40

If you meet someone and remember that person it should be snapshot of that moment.

It makes no sense and takes away alot of mystery to be able to see if people grow, die, change guild without ever meeting them again...

Also while we are at it, remove all unknown names from "who list". This was introduced when we had 20 players to make the game "feel" more alive. This takes away alot of fun interaction possibilities...hmm maybe hunt some Haradrims, lets check who list if any MM is awake....come on!

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 26 Aug 2020 23:02

Glad to read that a lot of people are joining this discussion.

First of all: i dont like it that someone has put me in the categorie of spoiled players...
Its simply not fair and if you would know me or goldbezie you would know i dont take the easy way, or care much for growing and becoming big. Also i left other games because they simply become too easy to give young ones fast kicks when playing.
But i get your point. Ive been struggeling with lots of new changes as well, i would even more if i would play as much as for example nils. So i can understand his 'fuck no', as well.

Thanks for the tip of the glue, that one i did not knew.

Now to get back on the subject why i think it would improve the game...
Some changes where good, some where not so.. that is my personal opinion.
For example the maps. When i joined there where a few maps, and a lot of areas not mapped. I m the person who gets lost irl so you can imagine how i got lost here haha. So that change was good for me, although i like the idea that people made their own maps.
These days if you want to attrack a newer and younger (and no im not one of them) you need to adjust some things without losing the soul of the game. I can imagine that must be hard for the wizards.

About the problem i have with this lock on my memory, i know a lot of young players who dont like it that noone seems to remember them. Also with the choices i have to make to remove someone who i loved in the past and who one day might return? Ive done it a couple of times, just to remember the people in my guild.. and often had to regret it.
A while ago Iris woke up, old ranger friend of mine. Great person. I ran past by her. She mailed me. I mean this was a really good friend. I know lots of people have been in this situation. Ive had this a couple of time.

But i get some players dont like it (as did i didnt like it when all armours and weapons stayed after arma).

How about if we could simply remember more people, so not everyone you meet but just more than we can now?
People still need to use special items when they would want to remember more than that. Also for people who made the mistake when they just started the game by introducing them to everyone and for example for guild reasons they would regret that the change is bigger that others have forgotten them?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 26 Aug 2020 23:58

If the issue is young players, how about you just get a second who list, for youngsters.

You auto-remember everyone who introed, who are below GA. Once they hit GA they're off the list and you have to remember them the old way.
And you should of course be able to see their names when you meet them.

So "who n" is newbie names...
And "who nf" is newbies with titles.

Would that solve the issue?

Although just upping the numbers to remember would likely be easier.

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 27 Aug 2020 00:33

No personally it would not... but that is what i try to tell earlier, im not the kind of person who takes things the easy way... i have a few other chars i hardly play.... i like to really get in to rp

and this issue is not only young players.... i m tired to have to forget old friends to meet my new seekers..
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 27 Aug 2020 03:34

Nils: Oh, you don't want us to change things? But if you want things to stay as they are, what's all your Sparkle posts about...? :lol:

And to get back on topic...

I think most of the ideas in this thread are interesting, and quite reasonable, but to be honest I kinda feel things are working fine as they are too. Yes, this is one of a million things we _could_ change, but personally I don't feel it would clearly make the game better. It's really one of those things that comes down to personal preference. Some likes it as it is, some would like a change, and if we change it, some would prefer _another_ change, etc.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 27 Aug 2020 17:50

Cherek wrote:
27 Aug 2020 03:34
Nils: Oh, you don't want us to change things? But if you want things to stay as they are, what's all your Sparkle posts about...? :lol:
Mostly about correcting fuckups and reverting back to the old, no?
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/