Quest orbs - Shire #25

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Redblade
Adept

Quest orbs - Shire #25

Post by Redblade » 04 Sep 2020 12:46

DISCLAIMER: The goal of this post is not to spoil or discuss the quest at hand. Merely to ask the question stated bellow and seek answer. If you know more, please let me know.

Hey all!
You may know the (currently) 25th Shire quest. For long this used to be the official hint from quest orbs:
You reach out and place your hands on the black orb, concentrating deeply as you do so. You feel your mind escaping from your body, flowing into the black orb. Like stepping out of a portal, you find yourself in a black tent in the midst of an orc camp in the Shire. You see a black-robed man who appears very agitated about something or someone. Your vision becomes blurry, and you return to your body with a jerk, instinctively removing your hands from the orb.
Now, this is one of the quests some guilds can't complete for obvious reasons. So I was thrilled when not so long ago the hint changed to this:
You reach out and place your hands on the black orb, concentrating deeply as you do so. You feel your mind escaping from your body, flowing into the black orb. Like stepping out of a portal, you see two alternatives.
The first alternative is a black tent in the midst of an orc camp in the Shire. There is a black-robed man who appears very agitated about something or someone.
The second alternative is in the hidden valley of Rivendell. An elf living there seems upset about a missing heirloom.
Your vision becomes blurry, and you return to your body with a jerk, instinctively removing your hands from the orb.
This would suggest that the perhaps hated-by-Mages get to complete the quest. For quite some time I searched the whole Valley of Rivendell. Room by room, even through the forest. Asked every elf there. No luck in finding anyone to tell me more.

The question is: does anyone know more? I'd really like to complete the Ranger-friendly version of this quest, if there is one.

Thanks for any valid answer,
Red
Auta i lómë, Aurë entuluva!
The Night is passing, Day shall come again!

Drazson
Titan

Re: Quest orbs - Shire #25

Post by Drazson » 04 Sep 2020 13:17

I have the notion these are/were 2 distinct quests. Regarding the heirloom, I can remember myself finding a sad elf in Rivendell, asking some stuff and finding a bracelet/brooch/somesuch in the unmapped area between the mapped one and the main road west of the ford.

Now, I can't tell if, instead of a seperate quest it has been incorporated into the good-aligned version or it's a different one. I will edit once I check my orb!

Redblade
Adept

Post by Redblade » 04 Sep 2020 13:26

Drazson wrote:
04 Sep 2020 13:17
Now, I can't tell if, instead of a seperate quest it has been incorporated into the good-aligned version or it's a different one. I will edit once I check my orb!
I can check that for you: the lost brooch quest is still number 8. So I'd suppose this one is a different one.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 04 Sep 2020 16:04

That's a shame. Sorry, I didn't help. I will try to come and spam the NPCs myself.

Redblade
Adept

Post by Redblade » 07 Sep 2020 14:17

Any news? Immortals? Any answer? I'd really like to do this quest :D

Shanoga
Wizard

Post by Shanoga » 08 Sep 2020 17:35

Redblade wrote:
04 Sep 2020 12:46
DISCLAIMER: The goal of this post is not to spoil or discuss the quest at hand. Merely to ask the question stated bellow and seek answer. If you know more, please let me know.

This would suggest that the perhaps hated-by-Mages get to complete the quest. For quite some time I searched the whole Valley of Rivendell. Room by room, even through the forest. Asked every elf there. No luck in finding anyone to tell me more.

The question is: does anyone know more? I'd really like to complete the Ranger-friendly version of this quest, if there is one.

Thanks for any valid answer,
Red
I hope this answers your question:
  • Quest #8 is unchanged.
  • Quest #25 can still be completed as it could before.
  • As you suggested, it is now possible for "the perhaps hated-by-Mages" to complete Quest #25 and still be "hated-by-Mages."
  • This does not allow or require anyone to complete Quest #25 a second time.
If your search through Rivendell for the person-of-interest for this quest has been unfruitful, perhaps you were asking the wrong questions. I can confirm that your natural line of thinking is correct.

Shanoga
Wizard

Post by Shanoga » 15 Sep 2020 07:48

Another update. It's fixed for real now. Sorry for saying it was fixed earlier when it wasn't. Thanks to those who reminded on me on Discord that I promised and didn't deliver. Enjoy!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/