Racial Rebalancing News?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Arman
Wizard

Re: Racial Rebalancing News?

Post by Arman » 14 Dec 2020 14:58

The perks and disadvantages of undeath are taken into account in tax and combat aid caps for undead guilds. Just like the advantages and disadvantages of ogres are.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 14 Dec 2020 15:04

Redblade wrote:
14 Dec 2020 13:34
D
Flames part (so if you're not up for it, skip the rest :) ):
One day I was just walking around and doing my thing, fighting the undead at hand, naturally expecting for my blind to work and nearly dying.
Arman wrote:
12 Dec 2020 03:06
We aren't going to rush out the changes
..., yet that change came out of nowhere and nearly cost me weeks of hard grinding. Somehow the undead race could be fixed so fast to suit the reality more.
I think you are mis-stating me. Any changes made to said undead are unrelated to global changes to the magic system. Nothing related to that has been rolled out, and there is no rush to roll that out.

There has been a lot of work done fine tuning a range of guilds over the last few years. Including this week to one of the game's melee guilds. And for most guilds that is only going to be announced to their membership.

Redblade
Adept

Post by Redblade » 14 Dec 2020 15:26

Arman wrote:
14 Dec 2020 15:04
I think you are mis-stating me.
I am :D . Those words simply caught my attention. I felt like such words should apply to most situations, it makes sense to make changes without rushing. As I said, not really non-flame view. :D
Arman wrote:
14 Dec 2020 14:58
The perks and disadvantages of undeath are taken into account in tax and combat aid caps for undead guilds. Just like the advantages and disadvantages of ogres are.
There's also how it affects others, I would not say that it's very balanced as of now. Still waiting until that Christmas (is it still coming?). But that's a total derail. We can create a new thread if you'd be interested in my thoughts. Or I can mail you. Let me know ;)

For now, my original non-flame question was answered, thank you. :)
Auta i lómë, Aurë entuluva!
The Night is passing, Day shall come again!

Rache
Adventurer

Post by Rache » 14 Dec 2020 20:13

Redblade wrote:
14 Dec 2020 13:34
Disclaimer: This may be derailing and maybe not at all. This is likely flames. Sorry for each.

We're all forgetting one more existing race that could do with some balance from my standpoint. It's the undead race. The kind that can do several fun things. Like can't be stunned, can't be blinded (or well, at least can cast their spells blinded, I am fairly certain most of the end-game casters would like to be able to do this too), likely can't even be poisoned (yeah, I have no information here, but that would make sense, no?)... nice perks, aren't they? Is there any sort of balancing coming for all these lovely abilities that noone else has?

Flames part (so if you're not up for it, skip the rest :) ):
One day I was just walking around and doing my thing, fighting the undead at hand, naturally expecting for my blind to work and nearly dying.
Arman wrote:
12 Dec 2020 03:06
We aren't going to rush out the changes
..., yet that change came out of nowhere and nearly cost me weeks of hard grinding. Somehow the undead race could be fixed so fast to suit the reality more.
lol

Redblade
Adept

Post by Redblade » 14 Dec 2020 20:29

Rache wrote:
14 Dec 2020 20:13
lol
Not sure what exactly made you laugh :)

Rache
Adventurer

Post by Rache » 14 Dec 2020 20:37

Redblade wrote:
14 Dec 2020 20:29
Rache wrote:
14 Dec 2020 20:13
lol
Not sure what exactly made you laugh :)
That's fair, there were lots of jokes in your post. I would have expected someone with such lofty ambitions to properly investigate both sides of your claims before making them so public. But, I guess, that would have been too much work?

Redblade
Adept

Post by Redblade » 14 Dec 2020 20:42

Please, do educate me. I will be rather grateful.
It's rather hard to obtain informations about the other side for me.
Especially when the immortals rather hardly communicate with Rangers. ;)

Redblade
Adept

Post by Redblade » 14 Dec 2020 20:45

I simply asked a question and told a story (that was marked as flames beforehand). The question got answered, which I thanked Arman for, that's where it ends from my view. May-be it would be better if we moved the conversation to another thread or shoot me a DM.

Rache
Adventurer

Post by Rache » 14 Dec 2020 20:46

Redblade wrote:
14 Dec 2020 20:42
Please, do educate me. I will be rather grateful.
It's rather hard to obtain informations about the other side for me.
Especially when the immortals rather hardly communicate with Rangers. ;)
Thanks for the offer, but such information is best left in the game. If you aren't even aware of the drawbacks (which are significant) and don't even have the "pros" right, how can you expect to be taken seriously?

Redblade
Adept

Post by Redblade » 14 Dec 2020 20:54

Ah, I am just telling the forums my view. I hope you don't expect me to have all the info, do you? That's not how this works. I can tell you what I observed and what conclusions I dare (from your reaction I assume not rightfully so) to make. I asked directly what the drawbacks are and Arman said there are drawbacks (not really being specific), you're not specific either... okay, there are drawbacks, that will make me sleep more easy knowing that I'm not the only one who gets some negatives in the situation between your guild and mine.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/