Balances, or whatever

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kvator
Champion

Re: Balances, or whatever

Post by Kvator » 30 Mar 2021 13:47

TripleM wrote:
30 Mar 2021 13:12
Wow. Now it all makes sense of course, that is the most important aspect of the subject at hand. The one starting the topic!
Touché, I was wrong to have missed that!
Well the most important aspect of the subject at hand (some players having problems adjusting) is the fact that some players played the game in easy mode for ages and now when it was (rightfully so!) changed to 'normal' they don't know what to do :)

TripleM
Apprentice

Post by TripleM » 30 Mar 2021 14:03

Kvator wrote:
30 Mar 2021 13:47
TripleM wrote:
30 Mar 2021 13:12
Wow. Now it all makes sense of course, that is the most important aspect of the subject at hand. The one starting the topic!
Touché, I was wrong to have missed that!
Well the most important aspect of the subject at hand (some players having problems adjusting) is the fact that some players played the game in easy mode for ages and now when it was (rightfully so!) changed to 'normal' they don't know what to do :)
Ahh, right that is what you are trying to do. Maybe you could have gone with 'There is nothing wrong with balance as currently is, all people need to adjust to this 'normal'. It would have been easier to understand, some people now mistook you for having an unresolved issue with the guild that has the worst lore behind the SU, and an ability that should be global.

I am sorry that I mistook your intentions. Peace!

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 30 Mar 2021 14:16

TripleM wrote:
30 Mar 2021 13:03

I would be very interested in how that would work, as the impact of those adjustments would have to be pretty big to shift Blademasters back to a range where they'd be a valid option. The math behind it all is pretty much stacked against that. However, I will wait things out till the dust has settled.
Same! It is one of those issues Carnak is going to chew over and propose options. He has a few of those issues to chew over :).

Dan
Adventurer

Post by Dan » 30 Mar 2021 14:24

Its funny you keep mentioning all other guilds than the 2 who really rolled the big I-WIN on these changes - namely the solamnian knights and the neidars - and within hours made a new aggressive pact chasing BDA's across both middle earth and krynn areas - no matter if its warfare area or not, just see a BDA - WHACK amole.

So I have a very very hard time recognizing what you write Kvator.

When it takes 6 seconds to bring a top 15 myth in tank gear to agony by 3 white hits - one of them being from a neidar with racehate bonus + battlerager bonus + weapon bonus that probably could 1 hit kill a myth with some luck - its hard to keep the 'all is fine' attitude. The racehate bonus have to go on these new hits, simple as that, it cant be true that a fight is over before you can spell 'letmeescape'... 2-3 months to recover after a 6 second fight is simply retarded.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 30 Mar 2021 14:40

Dan wrote:
30 Mar 2021 14:24
So I have a very very hard time recognizing what you write Kvator.
Maybe look for the parts where I write that all DPS guilds got nerfed by this change :?: (it's quite obvious that where 1 role is loosing then others are gaining).

and as for racehate - I don't have experience with that (but I guess white hit multipliers from different sources will get nerfed sooner or later)

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 30 Mar 2021 15:10

This post was about the changes in general, what I heard... which I stated quite clearly.

That you, Kvator, can finally do something now is great, but you don't need to feel that my plan was to nerf you and everyone else.

I am sorry you read it such, but apparently your focus was too much on yourself, instead of looking at the broader picture. :?:

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 30 Mar 2021 15:16

Thalric wrote:
30 Mar 2021 15:10
This post was about the changes in general, what I heard... which I stated quite clearly.

That you, Kvator, can finally do something now is great, but you don't need to feel that my plan was to nerf you and everyone else.

I am sorry you read it such, but apparently your focus was too much on yourself, instead of looking at the broader picture. :?:
In the broader picture having balance between roles (finally) is something good (even if the tweaks are needed, like pure-dps laymans being very bad atm, white hits multipliers being too strong etc). I am sorry you are focusing too much on yoursef to see it :(
Last edited by Kvator on 30 Mar 2021 15:18, edited 1 time in total.

Taro
Adventurer

Post by Taro » 30 Mar 2021 15:17

Dan wrote:
30 Mar 2021 14:24
Its funny you keep mentioning all other guilds than the 2 who really rolled the big I-WIN on these changes - namely the solamnian knights and the neidars - and within hours made a new aggressive pact chasing BDA's across both middle earth and krynn areas - no matter if its warfare area or not, just see a BDA - WHACK amole.
Ah, yeah, those Knights and their...? What part of these changes made the Knights I-WIN, again? And the pact wasn't aggressive, it was being made well before the changes. You're just talking out of your ass.
“There was this about vampires : they could never look scruffy. Instead, they were... what was the word... deshabille. It meant untidy, but with bags and bags of style.”

Dan
Adventurer

Post by Dan » 30 Mar 2021 15:42

The I-WIN: block, immune to damage horsecharge, rescue dealing the damage out on more targets. 3 abilities that each on its own owns our dragonfear.
The changes was rolled out sunday 13,march, your treaty of the whatever lance was launched publically 17. march 4 days after you found out you were now in godmode. Since then we've been engaged in odd places like haradrim camp (wtf?) and other odd places in middle earth where you have taken on the task of defending each and all npcs.

So if your alliance was there beforehand, it was a secret alliance up until 17. march.

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 30 Mar 2021 16:03

Please take the mudfight elsewhere.

I actually wrote this as a serious topic.
And if you only have mud to contribute with, go write it elsewhere.

Thank you.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/