Balances, or whatever

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Budwise
Veteran

Re: Balances, or whatever

Post by Budwise » 30 Mar 2021 12:17

Guild isn't dead far as I know. We are expanding our numbers,
tho I dunno if everyone grabbed a sheep and ran off to join AA
due to changes to hits after I took a timeout.

We could do with a guild wiz though, so in that respect I guess you are right.
Shame wizzos are such a lazy bunch of layabouts. :D ;)

If AA get rescue, remember to code in a cooldown both for foes reattacking,
but also one for the rescuer being able to rescue again. Seems only fair,
since that's what everyone else have to contend with.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 30 Mar 2021 12:27

Budwise wrote:
30 Mar 2021 09:33
Also, Kvator, I'm not "borrowing" you any more stuff. So there. :P
You sound a bit like someone else ragging on Calia all the time.
Kvator - the character in Genesis likes Calians
Kvator's player think it's like the worst occ guild around with second worst lore-base (only behind SU who are uber-cringe) and totally broken mechanics (they have something that should be global)

and I have nothing against players in the guild etc :P

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 30 Mar 2021 12:34

Right, not "borrowing" Kvators player anything then. :P

And most of your points still seem to stem from some old grudge.
At least not the reality I experience in the guild I have been a member of
since the time it opened. Maybe at some times, but not right now.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 30 Mar 2021 12:45

Greneth wrote:
30 Mar 2021 11:32
Where these Calian rants come from when the guilds been dead for quite some time I have no idea. They had a resurgence once or twice since 2008 and were beaten black and blue yet people still shout about how great they are.

I don't think people realize when they look over their fence at the Calians green grass just what it means exactly to "Not be able to solo anything". That means no solo questing, no quick run through a camp because you have work in 30 minutes, no slowing moving room to room because you're at work now. Every time you get ready to do anything you need to be sure a friend is awake and just because a good-aligned character is awake doesn't mean you like them.

Prior to these changes, I could agree with some of the naysayers about "certain" aspects. However, with the changes in place, they really cannot solo anything, blademasters or not. I think the tradeoff is very fair considering and if you were to give a bunch of guilds similar abilities you would kill the already struggling guild. And not because of your personal views on Calia or how its guilds are ran but because of the glaring fact that they MUST be in a team.

That being said I do understand the value of the ability and think the AA really needs to be updated. Just a simple rotation doesn't make sense on a tank guild. They should have a rescue ability, but you could call it taunt. Where they shout a war cry or something of the sort and all enemies attack them.
Thank you for the feedback. I dunno if you ever made it past titan but I can tell you that in end-game situations for me (as a tank) having calian on my back vs not having calian on my back is kind of game-changing experience (it's same after changes).

Other DPS guilds were also hit by the fact that DPS role is no longer THE ROLE in the game (which is great!)

Archers are in same situation nowadays (can't grind properly solo) while having less dmg and no mb to ensure comfort grind in EVERY end-game area.
Dragonarmies are bit better solo (a bit more def and parry + working special), but they also have problems soloing things (unless being named Pasha) while being way weaker in team.
SU are meh solo from what I saw already (but when u gather a bunch of them they basically speed-run through the game - sounds kind of calianesque to me!)
FK - dunno, haven't seen any for quite a while - and i don't have alt with awareness below 70! (they're prolly preparing for their new vampire-RP idling in their coffins lol)

Maybe if Calians switch BMs to Militia and change GG's, fur robes and smelly chainmails with speed imbue on it to armours with proper AC they would fare better solo - any of them tried it?

ohh and btw - "no solo questing" part made my day, thanks lol

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 30 Mar 2021 12:47

Budwise wrote:
30 Mar 2021 12:34
Right, not "borrowing" Kvators player anything then. :P

And most of your points still seem to stem from some old grudge.
At least not the reality I experience in the guild I have been a member of
since the time it opened. Maybe at some times, but not right now.
Do you have alt in any other guild then? Maybe that's the issue here (if everything you know is Calia before white hits change vs Calia after white hits change then it's no surprise that you feel the nerf pretty badly).

and btw - it's funny how the meta shifted to being way more 'team-oriented' and Calians are whining about their guild being team-oriented :)

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 30 Mar 2021 12:59

No alts. I waste quite enough time with Bud as it is. :shock:

Are we whining btw? Seems you are the one complaining we are OP, don't recruit and have meanies on council.
Just replying with the facts as I see them as Calian, Recruitment Coordinator and councilmember.
That we suck solo isn't new. If we suck even harder now, then so be it.

Addendum. Haven't really "felt the nerf" either as I chose to take a break
while things found some semblance of balance. But I like the slogan:
"Feel the Nerf! Come join Calia!" ;)
Last edited by Budwise on 30 Mar 2021 13:13, edited 1 time in total.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 30 Mar 2021 13:00

Budwise wrote:
30 Mar 2021 12:59
Are we whining btw?
well, this whole topic was created by Calian :P

TripleM
Apprentice

Post by TripleM » 30 Mar 2021 13:03

Budwise wrote:
30 Mar 2021 12:17
Just my 2 cc. Get well soon, Carnak. That takes priority over a silly game. :-)
(...)

Guild isn't dead far as I know. We are expanding our numbers,
tho I dunno if everyone grabbed a sheep and ran off to join AA
due to changes to hits after I took a timeout.
First of all, I wish a speedy recovery to Carnak and household. The old elf's info may be outdated, but he still graps the concept of what is important in life and what is not.

Bud, as much as I'd like you to get your ass back into the Crystalline Palace as soon as possible, Greneth's post is accurate on several subjects, especially with current changes in place. As I said before, I am highly surprised Calians were mentioned in this thread the way they were. I'd argue there are several guilds that in fact were big winners in current changes, us definately not being one of them.

Arman, I am fully agreeing with your statement that guildloyalty should be rewarded over guild and race-hopping. I think my track-record is pretty solid on that subject. I will leave the Blademaster-subject for a different topic when it comes as to how it should work upon leaving/gaining ranks. On current balance for Blademasters, or lack thereof, you hint it would be wise for people like me to wait things out as things may get adjusted.

I would be very interested in how that would work, as the impact of those adjustments would have to be pretty big to shift Blademasters back to a range where they'd be a valid option. The math behind it all is pretty much stacked against that. However, I will wait things out till the dust has settled.

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 30 Mar 2021 13:08

Not sure I was commenting on Greneths post apart from the dead since 2008 bit.

_Did_ everyone grab a sheep and run off to join AA in my absence? :?
Last edited by Budwise on 30 Mar 2021 13:14, edited 1 time in total.

TripleM
Apprentice

Post by TripleM » 30 Mar 2021 13:12

Kvator wrote:
30 Mar 2021 13:00
Budwise wrote:
30 Mar 2021 12:59
Are we whining btw?
well, this whole topic was created by Calian :P
Wow. Now it all makes sense of course, that is the most important aspect of the subject at hand. The one starting the topic!
Touché, I was wrong to have missed that!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/