RE: Dormant PvP Abilities that hinders your movement

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

PvP abilities that hinders movement and their place in Genesis.

Poll ended at 09 Jun 2021 16:04

Make them stronger! Lars needs more company.
12%
Keep them as is, I like to be able to kill people.
21%
Weaken them even further, people are dropping like flies out here!
No votes
I think we should disable them for now.
47%
Remove them entirely! Poor Lars..
12%
My ONLY problem is that my guild doesnt have one.
9%

Total votes: 34

Areficent
Greenhorne

Re: RE: Dormant PvP Abilities that hinders your movement

Post by Areficent » 02 Jun 2021 19:16

tor wrote:
02 Jun 2021 18:11
Lots of smart and awesome suggestions.
This. All of this. :)

kelrhys
Apprentice

Re: Dormant PvP Abilities.

Post by kelrhys » 02 Jun 2021 23:03

Cherek wrote:
02 Jun 2021 17:13
Now, since the reaction when these abilities were disabled was negative from many players, I thought re-enabling them (but rebalanced) would be a welcome fix. I am just as surprised as Carnak about the reaction, because it seems like several players, on both sides of the current conflict, and of different align, are unhappy with enabling them again. Even some players in guilds who are likely to benefit the most seem to not want their abilities back.
Which guilds are likely to benefit and don't want them? The rebalanced movement hindering abilities restored to both melee and casters has the net effect of making casters easier to be killed, especially in the current environment.

Kelrhys

Nerull
Wizard

Post by Nerull » 03 Jun 2021 13:47

The spice must flow... :twisted:

Celemir
Wanderer

Post by Celemir » 03 Jun 2021 18:37

I think thief/ranger guilds should be able to counter such abilities so they are not an I win button.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 03 Jun 2021 20:31

Oh, the casters lost their "I win"-buttons through an act of balance and now the cries can be heard far and wide.

The game needs danger.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Rache
Adventurer

Post by Rache » 03 Jun 2021 23:25

nils wrote:
03 Jun 2021 20:31
Oh, the casters lost their "I win"-buttons through an act of balance and now the cries can be heard far and wide.

The game needs danger.
Danger is one thing, but as Tor pointed out very well in his post, the pain of death as it stands is too harsh. PVP can be fun, and the adrenaline rush is great...but two months to recover from a death is too much. Make it a time-based thing or a lesser penalty or double xp while you recover from a pvp death...and you'll see a lot more people engaging.

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Post by Raelle » 04 Jun 2021 01:37

Rache wrote:
03 Jun 2021 23:25
Danger is one thing, but as Tor pointed out very well in his post, the pain of death as it stands is too harsh. PVP can be fun, and the adrenaline rush is great...but two months to recover from a death is too much. Make it a time-based thing or a lesser penalty or double xp while you recover from a pvp death...and you'll see a lot more people engaging.
Many of us would be very pleased with a two-month recovery period -
Nice and quick!

Redblade
Adept

Re: RE: Dormant PvP Abilities.

Post by Redblade » 07 Jun 2021 09:49

Cherek wrote:
02 Jun 2021 17:57
Redblade wrote:
02 Jun 2021 17:42
Maybe I am just dense... but... :D
So, you're solely speaking about movement-preventing PvP abilities? Better be clear than vote on something I didn't understand well (same as my note about annoying questions on the rules nextdoor thread) :D

Well yes, but then the post says "PvP abilities" and normally I would interpret that as all PvP abilities.
Very well, I took the liberty and changed the header of Carnak's post and the poll header. Hopefully it's more clear now?
Two thumbs up! :) Thanks
Auta i lómë, Aurë entuluva!
The Night is passing, Day shall come again!

Redblade
Adept

Post by Redblade » 07 Jun 2021 10:05

I think hindering abilities is the only thing that so far makes it possible to actually get a pkill on a sizeable foe that can outrun you or run far away enough to lose you (remember, autohunt is now officially forbidden) - otherwise your foe just runs. Unless you win in a realm change and kill an entire area at seconds per room rate, but those don't happen that often, do they? They were also the reason that the hinderings were disabled, to allow those, who are weaker (relatively to others) after the change to escape from a 5-second death sentence.

Has this been solved? No, so far it hasn't. We're still waiting for the caster recode/patch. Therefore, I voted "disable them for now".

Some would argue that in the time I wrote this, first part of the patch is already out - well, it's still only for a selected cough cough guild of casters and will likely need adjustments. Renew hindering *after* you're done with the patch completely, for everyone and fully working.
Auta i lómë, Aurë entuluva!
The Night is passing, Day shall come again!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/