Chartering ships

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Thalric
Rising Hero

Chartering ships

Post by Thalric » 12 Jul 2021 20:56

I don't know if this has been changed when the new areas of the Bloodsea opened up.
But is it possible to make some sort of "docking" ability to people who have chartered a ship?

I never managed to find the same boat again, once I was done with it for those few hours, and if I found a boat that looked the same the captain was surely dead.
So, thinking of spending 2000 gold on chartering a big boat that can sail everywhere, to find it a day later with the captain dead and being useless... that feels like a lot of gold for nothing.

Can we have the option to spend another 50 gold or whetever, on a room for him to stay when we're not using the ship?
Being a chartered boat, one would imagine the owner would like to keep it. So docking it in Palanthas and throwing the captain in a tavern, I would think both ought to be safe for when I need it next..?

Arman
Wizard

Re: Chartering ships

Post by Arman » 13 Jul 2021 05:26

The crew of a chartered warship throw anyone attempting to attack their captain overboard. So that scenario shouldn't happen, except with the merchant and fisherman charters?

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Post by Raelle » 13 Jul 2021 16:01

After relogging, even if your captain is alive, he won't remember that you were the one who hired him.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 15 Jul 2021 11:15

Raelle wrote:
13 Jul 2021 16:01
After relogging, even if your captain is alive, he won't remember that you were the one who hired him.
Ok, I've fixed it so the chartered captain remembers who hired them even after they log out.

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Post by Raelle » 15 Jul 2021 18:17

Awesome - thanks Arman!
I had never thought to bug-report it or otherwise mention it before, but it's a welcome change especially with the newly-charted Bloodsea areas and ports.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/