Playerkilling

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Lindros

Re: Playerkilling

Post by Lindros » 12 Mar 2010 23:38

gorboth wrote:
Creed wrote:I don't understand why all the pfighters usually gang up on others?
Actually, Lindros, I think you have an opportunity here to actually answer an interesting question. What is the typical motivation for the occasional "random" pkill? Why is this fun? How do you justify it as a reasonable and favorable aspect of gameplay for Genesis? You are perhaps an unofficial spokesperson for the pvp cause. ;-)

If you prefer to just insult people who ask the question, that is fine, of course. But, maybe answering it can provide some interesting discussion. Your choice! :-)

G.

Well I usually pkill to settle a grudge/a guild conflict.

And personally I prefer to kill larger player, its more of a sport.
I have on several occasions killed players quite a bit larger than myself, so the "picking on the weak ones"
does not really fit my profile, I've prolly killed more myths than the rest of the game combined...

As for Creed's comment on why doesnt the pkillers gang up on eachother and kill eachother, I could
show you my track record, and you'd see that many of my kills fall into that category.

I prefer killing those who are skilled in playerfighting, and I actually do avoid hunting/killing those who
are not good at it, cause its just not as much fun(unless there's personal dislike involved ofcourse, then
its alot of fun!)



As for the random killing of people, I don't do it that often, most of the time the people who appear to
be killed at random are not so random, usually there's some kind of motive behind it.

Perhaps just the fact that the player is a well known scripter/pkiller/cheater/douchebag.
Sometimes its guild affiliation, if I have a quarrel/conflict with their guild, its easier
to make the leaders react by killing of some of their younger members , its tactical warfare simply.
Last edited by Lindros on 12 Mar 2010 23:52, edited 1 time in total.

Creed

Re: Playerkilling

Post by Creed » 12 Mar 2010 23:43

*edit*

Thank you for answering.

And by the way.. I am not whining about anything.
I am stating things from my point of view.
Even if its not all that often someone attack me, it takes up a lot of thought for me, and so it feels more often.
Last edited by Creed on 13 Mar 2010 00:09, edited 1 time in total.

Lindros

Re: Playerkilling

Post by Lindros » 12 Mar 2010 23:54

Creed wrote:That hardly answered my question..
And what guild conflict do you have as an ogre?

Guild conflict as an Ogre?

Well most obvious one would be Neidar.


But then we have the fact that I am on the following enemy lists

Notorious Outlaw of the Rangers
Hunt for Justice of the Knighthood
Calian enemy

Not sure if there's any other guilds out there, probally PoT/Neidar/ScoP.

But thats just me guessing.

Not to mention, my layman guild brings with it some guild conflicts, an army is always at war.

Windemere
Expert
Posts: 286
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 05:37
Location: Winterpeg

Re: Playerkilling

Post by Windemere » 13 Mar 2010 00:00

Ogre's are stupid, aggressive, chaotic, and need to collect skulls.

So, frankly, an ogre has a conflict with anyone with a skull. It's that simple, in my perspective. It's not like they think, maybe you said something, they didn't understand it, so they attacked you.

Heck, if you try to improve in Ogre guild without money they attack you.

Windemere

User avatar
Mersereau
Champion
Posts: 572
Joined: 05 Mar 2010 01:05
Contact:

Re: Playerkilling

Post by Mersereau » 13 Mar 2010 00:03

Lindros wrote: And I am guessing by your logic, the people who have "abused their abilities" are Dragonarmies, Morgul Mages, Ogres and Vampires?
I did use 3 of the guilds as examples because most rationale people can agree at some point or other they did take things bit extreme. I don't ever recall mentioning the Ogres. Are you claiming they abuse their abilities? I've only had one conflict with an Ogre. I did not inititate it, and it ended rather badly for the nitwit.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Lindros

Re: Playerkilling

Post by Lindros » 13 Mar 2010 00:08

Mersereau wrote:
Lindros wrote: And I am guessing by your logic, the people who have "abused their abilities" are Dragonarmies, Morgul Mages, Ogres and Vampires?
I did use 3 of the guilds as examples because most rationale people can agree at some point or other they did take things bit extreme. I don't ever recall mentioning the Ogres. Are you claiming they abuse their abilities? I've only had one conflict with an Ogre, and it ended rather badly for the nitwit.

And you mean that Knights along with Calians never took it to far?

The reason DA's even started using dragontraps, were cause Knights were standing on every pier/smith/one exit room in
the game with 3-4 calians behiind them, waiting for an evil player to enter to kill them.

But I guess that has nothing to do with abuse?

Lets face it, most guilds in the game, have something in their history where their members have used the guilds abilities to other
more than the Wiz who coded it intended, for you to sit here and call it abuse to left and right is just bullshit.

Your not really innocent either Mers, if I do not remember wrong it was you and Ravenrage/Epzilon who started the big DA vs Alliance war...
And thats when the block traps really started getting abused, and once DA's figured out how to use dragons they used it until wizards remove it, yet knights still got to keep their block...

User avatar
Mersereau
Champion
Posts: 572
Joined: 05 Mar 2010 01:05
Contact:

Re: Playerkilling

Post by Mersereau » 13 Mar 2010 00:19

Lindros wrote:
Mersereau wrote:
Lindros wrote: And I am guessing by your logic, the people who have "abused their abilities" are Dragonarmies, Morgul Mages, Ogres and Vampires?
I did use 3 of the guilds as examples because most rationale people can agree at some point or other they did take things bit extreme. I don't ever recall mentioning the Ogres. Are you claiming they abuse their abilities? I've only had one conflict with an Ogre, and it ended rather badly for the nitwit.

And you mean that Knights along with Calians never took it to far?

The reason DA's even started using dragontraps, were cause Knights were standing on every pier/smith/one exit room in
the game with 3-4 calians behiind them, waiting for an evil player to enter to kill them.

But I guess that has nothing to do with abuse?

Lets face it, most guilds in the game, have something in their history where their members have used the guilds abilities to other
more than the Wiz who coded it intended, for you to sit here and call it abuse to left and right is just bullshit.

Your not really innocent either Mers, if I do not remember wrong it was you and Ravenrage/Epzilon who started the big DA vs Alliance war...
And thats when the block traps really started getting abused, and once DA's figured out how to use dragons they used it until wizards remove it, yet knights still got to keep their block...
If you read my first really long note you'll notice I did mention that. Eventually block was removed. I'll not claim I wasn't part of killing Dragonarmy members, but I know I wasn't the one who "started the big DA vs Alliance war." If you want to rehash history I suppose we can, but that's not really the purpose of this discussion.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

User avatar
Mersereau
Champion
Posts: 572
Joined: 05 Mar 2010 01:05
Contact:

Re: Playerkilling

Post by Mersereau » 13 Mar 2010 00:33

Lindros wrote:
Creed wrote:That hardly answered my question..
And what guild conflict do you have as an ogre?

Guild conflict as an Ogre?

Well most obvious one would be Neidar.


But then we have the fact that I am on the following enemy lists

Notorious Outlaw of the Rangers
Hunt for Justice of the Knighthood
Calian enemy

Not sure if there's any other guilds out there, probally PoT/Neidar/ScoP.

But thats just me guessing.

Not to mention, my layman guild brings with it some guild conflicts, an army is always at war.

I have no problem with someone attacking members of guilds they are enemies of, but when they kill someone outside that scope "because I could," seems extreme to say the least.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Bromen
Champion
Posts: 678
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 06:29

Re: Playerkilling

Post by Bromen » 13 Mar 2010 01:18

So what are good reasons? If you walk around with a FBB and get killed for it, why wouldn't it be just as relevant to be killed for a mithril axe or a runie?

One thing I like about genesis is you can be killed for any reason. Repeated killings by the same person is obviously abuse, but if it can defended by some aspect of roleplay, it's ok in my book.

-B

Rhynox
Titan
Posts: 493
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 03:48
Location: Departed from here. Meet at Genesis!

Re: Playerkilling

Post by Rhynox » 13 Mar 2010 03:36

Because the mages actually defend the nazgul, so for them it is a roleplaying pkill. Similar to a calian finding someone fighting Gamalus, they would attack because it fits their roleplay (I still insist that calians should be able to move behind Gamalus and other guards in Calia and their palace). Sionell as a monk would assist dragons whenever she found a team fighting one (even if she was small, it fit her roleplaying).

Killing someone for a crystal axe when it is not protected by anyone is not roleplaying, it is just trying to fetch the item out of him or her. Grogg sometimes picked the crystal axe but was too afraid of wielding it because he thought (with good reason) that vampires would kill him for wielding it.

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/