Playerkilling

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alorrana
Myth

Re: Playerkilling

Post by Alorrana » 13 Mar 2010 03:56

yeah and if they would kill grogg due to wielding that axe.. it would have been perfectly
legal.. no worries.. you just have MY axe.. now die.. and this is just okay..?

Valid reasons is needed to kill someone.. gees.. everything els is just plain stupid
and with soo low numbers logging in.. Valid reasons should mean even more..
but lets face it.. we will always have dicks who gets their load blowen off when they
manage to spoil someones fun.. to bad.. Personally I hope those Griefers never join
any guild im in.. they will abuse its weaknesses and the guild gets nerfed. cause they
cant controle them self.. Ohh hes wielding/wearing my stuff hes going to die...
Ohh he said something on boards outside game.. hes going to die.. FFS make the game
so you have to have a valid reason for killing people... why is that so hard..? why ?
tell me why we let the Pkillers go on killing people for fun and with out any reasons-
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 13 Mar 2010 04:12

Because the pvp rules changed, read the rules and you'll see it perfectly fine to kill for fun.
I have no idea why wizards approve on such behaviour and actually defends it...if you want to keep/improve the playerbase this is not the way to go, i promise you that.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 13 Mar 2010 04:14

Last edited by Alorrana on 31 Aug 2010 13:02, edited 1 time in total.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 13 Mar 2010 04:19

Because that is the spirit of Genesis. Every guild has its own strengths and weak points, and for every evil guild there is a good guild that counteracts it. Without pfighting just having global skills and let people choose which ones to "buy" would be enough.

Also, there is a good number of pfighters in Genesis that are active, and if pfighting were restricted they would leave, weakening the base even more.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 13 Mar 2010 04:26

Last edited by Alorrana on 31 Aug 2010 13:02, edited 1 time in total.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 13 Mar 2010 04:29

Oh, yes, many have left because of that. Had pkilling been stopped before, we would have easily +20 more active players. But now doing that would make five or six players leave, which amounts to probably a sixth of the active base. It is a matter of timming. Besides, the ones that are right now in Genesis are likely to stay no matter how many times they are killed in pfight, being the oldest and used at all the fighting.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 13 Mar 2010 04:33

Its not removal of pvp we're talking about its abuse of it.
I believe Genesis have lost quite a few players because of a certain group of individuals, was it worth it? Just to keep them in game?
Hardly, I rather play with those who left. Its too bad the wizards in command havent done anything about it, hope they do before its to late.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 13 Mar 2010 04:57

There needs to be a warning when any player of any size joins a guild that is active in states of pfighting. If I were the casual gamer, joined the Calians and roleplayed like crazy, then got killed by a player from a guild I didn't even know existed. I'd be pretty upset and may even leave. But many who join the game and even some current players, just don't know the dangers that lurk out there. I think if those 20+ Neidar knew that they would be passively phunted and warned upon joining that dying might be something they should be prepared for, they wouldn't be so quick to leave.

When I rejoined the game 2 years ago, was expert at the time, I meandered along the northern road in gont to ten alders. I swear to God I was shitting in my pants when arrows started whizzing by my head. I thought a ranger was hunting me and even thoughts of a vampyre lurking in the shadows triggered my fear. The point I'm trying to make is everyone should be prepared to die at any time. If, for instance, Freya decided that she didn't need me as her teddy bear at night anymore, I'd expect to die. Just like if I held one of the best items in the game.

I think people like Mers, Rhynox, Lindros, etc. have so much fun (and frustration) in the game is because they play with a different mindset. I would never attack Mers because he's always prepared to fight. I remember when Bale attacked him and I saw a crazy side to Mers that set aside any hopes I might have had to ever best him in combat. I think that kind of play should be praised.

The kind of death's I don't think should happen are repeated killings for out of game reasons. I would hope myths wouldn't kill anyone under hero unless attacked or provoked first. If you're part of a team that is defending against an attack, be ready to accept the pros and cons of assisting your team member.

-B

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 13 Mar 2010 06:34

I make it very clear that they will be hunted and killed, and that the retaliation possibilities from the Clan are very limited. Also, that under many circunstances we will just not retaliate at all (for example, when the priests killed Galadur who was Thane back then we decided not to retaliate because we were too few and the priests had like 5 or 6 active members every day, not counting the dragonarmies). They tell me they will die for the Thane, and all that stuff. However, after a couple of months in the Clan, they go idle and disappear. In the last two years 12 dwarves joined, but only Mega is active from all of them (and in fact he used to be a neidar, but was deleted due inactivity and when he was restored a bug kicked him out of the guild). None of them (well, except Mega) was killed in pfights, yet none of them are active.

Some may have no more time, some are seconds, some just don't want to die. Such is life.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 13 Mar 2010 10:14

Rhynox wrote:Because that is the spirit of Genesis. Every guild has its own strengths and weak points, and for every evil guild there is a good guild that counteracts it. Without pfighting just having global skills and let people choose which ones to "buy" would be enough.
I'm not sure anyone but the Admin can clearly dictact what the "spirit of Genesis" really is. I mean, for each player, there probably is a different definition to that.
But as it is, there isn't a each guild having strenghts and weaknesses and there are a counter to every effect. You make it seem like there is a balance in this game, when from all I can experience, there certainly is not.
So I fear that your view is far too simplistic, and doesn't represent the actual reality of the game very well at all.
Rhynox wrote:Also, there is a good number of pfighters in Genesis that are active, and if pfighting were restricted they would leave, weakening the base even more.
That part is really interesting!
Now, are there a good number of Playerkillers left because they & the games faults with PvP chased off the other people, or would we retain more players by trying to reel in PvP as it is now, and perhaps get and retain more new players.
Personally I don't think people that are looking for an adrenaline-pumping PvP experience would be drawn to a text game with such a simplistic playerfighting component such as Genesis.

It'd be interesting to discuss what the core demographic that a game such as Genesis is appealing to, and subsequently ofcourse how to draw that crowd in and retain them in the game. I think one have to take a broader perspective than just seeing what makes up the current small base, if the intention is to double the playerbase within a year, or whatever Gorboth' goal is/was.
Still, all this, is best served with a topic of it's only. Sorry for the derail.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/