Playerkilling

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Megarius
Apprentice

Re: Playerkilling

Post by Megarius » 14 Mar 2010 10:00

You know its almost sounds like bull crap excuse me when a person who kills discusses this topic. Maybe myths, how about you get killed 2-3 times first lose your uber myth, drop to champion and maybe then you may be eligible to discuss this topic.

I just don't get it, yes players shouldn't complain. Get killed, shutup and go about your business. People wouldn't complain if kills weren'r ridiculous. You know on one hand admins are concerned about the decreasing player numbers and on the other hand they actually support the bullshit on the server excuse my french. Why don't you run the report to see who gets killed most of the time. I am not talking about the names, I am talking about the size of the players who gets killed. Genesis today is like a freaking feeding ground for myths.

Oh you killed a hero? Ok, please continue playing I don't want you to go...

Thats what it almost sounds like admins talking to myths when they kill someone. "We so love you myths, and we don't want to see you go. Please go around the world and find yourself some easy prey. They'll complain a bit, but eventually its important that you, our precious myth will remain on the server. Good job, myth. There are couple more heroes left in the domain to kill. After they leave we will create hero bots for you so you can torture them for your pleasure..."

I don't get the logic here. So do you want us smaller players to grow or just be a meat for myths? How about giving us an option to flag for None PvP, huh? Why not? Why do we have to be a prey?

Forgive me my sarcasm and I probably should chill and go by my business. But really, wouldn't it be more fun if players that are killed could actually stand up for themselves at least one versus one? Complaining maybe is not the best solution for a problem. Problem is that nobody considers this a problem. Admins and myths think of this like its a normal order of things that lower level players get killed.

Screw this really. I am here maybe for a while longer to see if anything is gonna change. But if there won't be anything done to allow weaker players to grow faster - there is just no point to continue. It feels that weaker players are treated here like trash.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 14 Mar 2010 12:27

How about if smaller players are killed by larger ones, the death penalty would be reduced to compensate?

Say if Mersereau somehow happened to kill me, because he's a myth that killed a titan, my death penalty is 1/10th what it is if I died on my own.

As for dying to myths, I'd say if you're constantly hunted, you need to make a change in the way you play so you can survive to the higher levels. Being a merc/necro, I tend to stick to area's that are well known for having large evil players lurk about and due to some hard work befriending them, I can count, somewhat on their kindness not to kill me. I also, maintain good relations with the higher ups in the goodie guilds so they won't come after me either.

I'm a fan of the idea of a level cap. I'd love it if exp were normalized and brute was stuck somewhere near brutal.

one can only wish for so much tho!

-B

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 14 Mar 2010 15:12

I haven't heard wizards say anything along the lines of they support anti social pkilling.
The wizards want to see a big player pop same as the rest of us.
Simply that they want to give the mortals the tools to police themselves...

With a limited number of wizzies and lots of better things to spend their energies on than being judge and jury every time someone is killed what do you expect??

We have got the first of these now with global block.
I have no idea how that is going to work yet but it should be interesting.

Players should draw up there own constitution of what is minimum acceptable behaviour and what makes someone be considered rabid. So if a player goes rabid in their killing, the hope is that the "league of justice" players will step up and put them down..
It will be interesting.

I hope someone like Gadez steps forward to head a league of justice.
Characters from all backgrounds uniting for the greater good.
Then when he has the confidence of his fellow heros starts to subtly manipulate them towards his own dark purpose.
:twisted:
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Creed

Post by Creed » 14 Mar 2010 16:23

I don't think it will work anywhere near planned.

Genesis is divided into two general groups, as I see it.
Pfighters (wolves) and the rest (sheep)..

The pfighters are now, along with everyone else, getting a chance to get more kills.
The problem is that, people like me, will not go out and hunt people.
I will not begin to police anything.
It has nothing to do with my guild, stats or whatever like it.

I simply just don't think its fun or interesting.
And so, if there are many thinking like me, it will merely be another tool for the pfighters.
I like the idea, and the basis for what is happening. I just don't believe it will work.

Trutblemma
Adventurer

Post by Trutblemma » 14 Mar 2010 17:51

I would say abusive playerkilling is when someone attacks you without any reason at all.

If....

You are not killing NPC's that are protected by any guild, your guild is not in conflict with the attackers guild. Infact, you joined that certain guild to avoid conflict with others. You do not offend other players. You do everything to stay out of p-fighting.....

Still it's ok to get attacked without any provocation at all, being told, suck it up. The conclusion I come to, is:
You are not here to have fun, you are here to make your attackers day fun. You should be glad to oblige. that clearly shows Gen is a game for P-fighters only. The rest of us are just upgraded NPC's, in game for the p-fighters to treat just like they want to.

What is the deal? Why should some have a green light ruining the fun for others? What does it take to come up with a valid reason to attack? Why is it so damn hard to let a person that doesn't want to p-fight go unharmed?
//Emma's overseer

Lindros

Post by Lindros » 14 Mar 2010 18:13

I have to ask, how often are people who are completely neutral, attacked unprovoked?

Cause speaking of my own experience, the people I attack are in most cases players
who take part in PvP or whom are in a guild thats active in the PvP-scene.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 14 Mar 2010 18:22

That is the point. That the guild focuses on PvP doesn't mean all of its members want to attack or be attacked. It is like saying just because you went to live in Nigeria you like to scam people, or just because you live in USA you are prepared for war. Some like the roleplaying aspect.

Lindros

Post by Lindros » 14 Mar 2010 18:27

Rhynox wrote:That is the point. That the guild focuses on PvP doesn't mean all of its members want to attack or be attacked. It is like saying just because you went to live in Nigeria you like to scam people, or just because you live in USA you are prepared for war. Some like the roleplaying aspect.

Well problem is, alot of people will if they get pkilled by a Calian, do their best to kill a Calian in return.

Just like Poet went around and pkilled a bunch of people, and as a result of that, I am sure alot of smaller Knights got
attacked and killed for it.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 14 Mar 2010 19:00

I think attacks should be justified. For example, if someone attacked you, it doesn't justify killing three or four guild members because of that. Killing someone smaller or not well versed in pfighting damages the game (and I guess it doesn't give you a feeling of accomplishement).

That is why I think there should be a clear difference between someone who is not interested in pfighting and someone who is, regardless of guild. I have been attacked multiple times, but I never went after the smaller members. That would have been cheap. When the vampires went after me I never aimed at Aimee or Gadez, but instead fought the big ones like Nalfein and Goul. Undeads killed every cleric applicant even if they were just veteran and have never provoked them. That is cheap.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 14 Mar 2010 19:11

Lindros wrote:Well problem is, alot of people will if they get pkilled by a Calian, do their best to kill a Calian in return.

Just like Poet went around and pkilled a bunch of people, and as a result of that, I am sure alot of smaller Knights got
attacked and killed for it.
Then an end to that behavior would be a step on the road to remove this problem.
It's not like there isn't enough people around that think Poet deserves a death or more, so perhaps go after the one that actually hurt you, rather than take cheap-shots at smaller members who had little or nothing to do with the original conflict.

If people continue to live by that "logic", then it only takes _ONE_ person to cause a lot of grief to many people. Only one troublemaker, and there are several notorious of those on both sides of the fence, who goes out of their way to kill people, and the whole of two guilds are drawn into it or more, affecting potentially, a rather large portion of the game.

Now I know that getting people to adhere to a rule of only going after the ones that attacked you, is pretty difficult, because there are players who thrive on discord and would never obey any rules as long as they have the upper hand. Still, it may not be a bad idea to strive for, although I hardly know where to start to get such a rule forced through.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/