Is the game big enough for the Ogres to fit?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Re: Is the game big enough for the Ogres to fit?

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 11 Mar 2010 18:27

Dunno if anything forces them to get dwarf skulls.
But like you say of the rangers its not like the Neidar ever protect those areas so no real problem is there?

Suprised ME doesn't have a stronger dwarf population.. There is Khaz and his troll hunting buds and thats about all I can think of.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 11 Mar 2010 18:32

I think a wizard was working on a evil aligned dwarven settlement near the Misty Mountains, including an evil racial guild for dwarves. I guess it was never finished.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 11 Mar 2010 20:14

Ogre guild is much easier to be a member of these days.
Besides 100k skulls is not that much :D
Rumour has it there is a certain Ogre with a much larger collection.
But I do agree on the vacuuming of lower level areas being an issue, but the
newbies I've been interacting with usually gave a thumbs up due to the heaps
of loot left behind.
If you look for loot you go check Kabal noble district or just ask any Ogre to tag along
for the ride, is no big issue for me to have someone follow me about and leech
some xp's off the tiny humanoids I tend to harvest.
Also remember that for every Ogre being a bottomfeeder there is an extra spot
free for those who wish to go grind for xp's.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 12 Mar 2010 16:23

"vacuuming of lower level areas"

What a quote! You should trademark it.

Chamdin
Wanderer

Post by Chamdin » 12 Mar 2010 18:30

Considering my size I must say that the easiest way for me to collect coins,except begging,is to run around in Argos or Orc camp in sparkle collecting money and loot.I dont feel flattered asking for coins every time I need it,and a couple of loans are enough.
I see this from a newbie perspective though and I do like Ogres that leave loot for us newbies to grab and sell.

It can of course occur some problems later when and if I grow up,but for now I have to admit that I am positive to the majority of Ogres,specially since none of them ever tried to kill me.. ;)

Megarius
Apprentice

Post by Megarius » 12 Mar 2010 18:40

All I hear today is thunderous footsteps. It seems that almost every evil aligned player switched their race to ogres so that they can use hammers in both hands and be uber. There is not enough room in game for all you ogres. NERF TEH OGRES!

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 12 Mar 2010 19:11

There aren't too many. Problem is that Vampires were closed and all those Vampire Characters needed something to do. Many of them are stuck without any ability to join another guild due to past issues with those guilds and as such were stuck choosing a free to join guild.

Windemere

[ Moderator - many posts which were a response to this one have been deleted. This post deals with the Ogre guild, and its size, not the reason other guilds were closed. Stay on topic, please. ]

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 12 Mar 2010 19:31

Chamdin wrote:Considering my size I must say that the easiest way for me to collect coins,except begging,is to run around in Argos or Orc camp in sparkle collecting money and loot.I dont feel flattered asking for coins every time I need it,and a couple of loans are enough.
I see this from a newbie perspective though and I do like Ogres that leave loot for us newbies to grab and sell.

It can of course occur some problems later when and if I grow up,but for now I have to admit that I am positive to the majority of Ogres,specially since none of them ever tried to kill me.. ;)

Thanks for the insight.. Never thought of it that way.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 12 Mar 2010 20:29

If you want to improve your skills you must do it, like it or not, don't you? Every ogre will, at least once in his life, have to kill small things to collect skulls.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 12 Mar 2010 21:05

[ Moderator - edited to stay on topic ]

As to the ogres I think its great to see so many of them around. Ogres offer a great team aspect because it means they can gather skulls faster and other people then kill subsequently faster and both get good experience, or in the case of newbies I know very few who go kill argos guards. And the loot of them sells quite nice if I remember as a cadet.

The reason for the surplus is as stated bfore me. All the vampires had nowhere to go really other than a few of them. They could only join free to join guilds, and as the vampires tended to be a chaotic at times but controlled chaos in the group, why not join the other chaotic guild in the game as the ogres.

I'm sure the ogres will be nerfed. They'll get up to a good size in the guild and will start pfighting, and people will complain and things will be changed.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/