View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 15 Dec 2018 05:41

Forum rules


- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.



Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Is the game big enough for the Ogres to fit? 
Author Message
Expert

Joined: 04 Mar 2010 05:37
Posts: 286
Location: Winterpeg
[ Moderator - edited to stay on topic ]

This mud is big enough for Ogres. People simply have not found the way in which to do. Ogres guild itself could use some tweaks as well, some of the infrastructure makes it very difficult to be a "new" ogre.

Ogres MUST kill to improve skills. I know that a new ogre has a hard time killing Gont. It gets easier as they begin to learn their skills, but you must kill little zones to do so. Frankly I don't see an issue. Many Newbies won't kill there on their own.

What I think should exist is an easy to find newbie only killing zone. One for good and one for evils. Very plain to see, out in the open, no hidden exits, just there. A grinding ground for newbies.

Windemere


12 Mar 2010 21:41
Profile
Myth
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2010 20:33
Posts: 1331
Location: UK
Ilrahil wrote:
They could only join free to join guilds, and as the vampires tended to be a chaotic at times but controlled chaos in the group, why not join the other chaotic guild in the game as the ogres.

I'm sure the ogres will be nerfed. They'll get up to a good size in the guild and will start pfighting, and people will complain and things will be changed.


Ogres are also the guild with arguably the best pvp skillset. Which is bound to make it attractive to the bad boys.
It is very imbalanced at the minute, more people need counters or similar skills soon or you are right - the few that have them will be nerfed if they overuse them.

_________________
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)


12 Mar 2010 21:57
Profile
Titan

Joined: 04 Mar 2010 12:39
Posts: 509
How can you give one guild the ability to prevent people from fleeing? Other guilds has simular skills but not in all directions. I do not count poison since it isnt instant "block". How is balance calculated PvP vs PvE?


12 Mar 2010 22:02
Profile
Expert

Joined: 04 Mar 2010 05:37
Posts: 286
Location: Winterpeg
I think the balance comes in the fact that it stops EVERYONE from leaving the room, including the person who initiated it. I have a log in which an ogre basically killed other members of his team by stunning him and he could not flee when the battle started going sour.

Windemere


12 Mar 2010 22:06
Profile
Windemere wrote:
I think the balance comes in the fact that it stops EVERYONE from leaving the room, including the person who initiated it. I have a log in which an ogre basically killed other members of his team by stunning him and he could not flee when the battle started going sour.

Windemere



AHAHAHAHAH!!! Good old Bale killing Bombur :) I was in the team that killed him :)


12 Mar 2010 22:06
Tarax the Terrible wrote:
Ilrahil wrote:
They could only join free to join guilds, and as the vampires tended to be a chaotic at times but controlled chaos in the group, why not join the other chaotic guild in the game as the ogres.

I'm sure the ogres will be nerfed. They'll get up to a good size in the guild and will start pfighting, and people will complain and things will be changed.


Ogres are also the guild with arguably the best pvp skillset. Which is bound to make it attractive to the bad boys.
It is very imbalanced at the minute, more people need counters or similar skills soon or you are right - the few that have them will be nerfed if they overuse them.



Obviously you know very very little about PvP.

If I were to rank the melee guilds when it comes to PvP I would say

Dragon Order and Rangers come first, both these guilds members are extremely difficult to slay in a fight,
and PvP is more about survival than pkilling.

Sure Ogres might pack more damage than Rangers and DO, but if you know how to fight an ogre, its easy.

Same goes for Shadow Union, if you do not know what tricks and tactics to use, they are very difficult to
battle, but once you know what your doing its not that difficult.


DO /Rangers
Shadow Union
Knights
Ogres

Thats how my top 5 melee pfighting list would look like.


12 Mar 2010 22:16
Titan

Joined: 04 Mar 2010 12:39
Posts: 509
If you want to kill someone the list is exactly the otherway around..trying to hide the might of the Ogres are we?


12 Mar 2010 22:22
Profile
Chanele wrote:
If you want to kill someone the list is exactly the otherway around..trying to hide the might of the Ogres are we?

'

Ogres are a good pkilling race yes, but not a good pfighting race.


Best melee guild when it comes to pkill is still Knights, their pkill tools
are much better than Ogres.

Dragon Order with the right layman combination is pretty nasty as well.

Shadow Union with any layman guild with an offensive/defensive ability,
is just as nasty.


So saying Ogres are the best pkilling guild is not really accurate, ogres might have offensive abilities thats it, but if you think
offensive is everything in a pfight, then I can understand why we killed you so easily.


12 Mar 2010 22:29
Titan

Joined: 04 Mar 2010 12:39
Posts: 509
Come on, damage output doesnt matter much if you're able to flee so the list narrows down to two guilds.
Knights vs ogres well Ogres is more powerful since they can block all exits..You cant argue against that. Bring a friend or two and you got a nice kill.
I'm talking about pkills not pfighting, its the kills that matters. If you log your character once every second week just to kill someone what race/guild would you choose?


12 Mar 2010 22:38
Profile
Great Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: 04 Mar 2010 16:40
Posts: 159
Location: Southern California, USA
Chanele wrote:
Come on, damage output doesnt matter much if you're able to flee so the list narrows down to two guilds.
Knights vs ogres well Ogres is more powerful since they can block all exits..You cant argue against that. Bring a friend or two and you got a nice kill.
I'm talking about pkills not pfighting, its the kills that matters. If you log your character once every second week just to kill someone what race/guild would you choose?


Very true. Also, if you were that type of player, you would not join the Knights anyway. Not only is the joining process long, if a knight was going around killing newbies at random, they would be kicked out the guild long before the AoP would even get involved. If you wanted to cause chaos in general, you would want to be an ogre. The freedom from the basic roleplay restrictions in the knights would be power in itself.


12 Mar 2010 22:44
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.