Archers

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Rhynox
Titan

Archers

Post by Rhynox » 19 Mar 2010 03:50

I am curious about why there aren't special attacks with bow. The archers of Qualinesti don't have a special attack, and from what I remember, not even mercenaries training bow are able to use their special attack with it. I heard it is because the specials are to be created through arrows (like the burr ones) but getting enough supplies for a pfight is harder than getting spell ingredients for spellcasters.

I find them pretty interesting (I think a mercenary-archer-gardener would be pretty good gathering herbs), but the lack of a special attack and the fact that their guild is actually a grinding point for very powerful foes turns is kind of a turn off.

Elita
Apprentice

Re: Archers

Post by Elita » 19 Mar 2010 05:55

I agree something has to be done about them! Since you can join them both as layman and occupational. The option of playing an archer isn't really there, not playability wise atleast imho.

How about make it so that a bow that has the string broken works as a polearm with impale option? (not wanting to copy any other guild here but I didnt know what else to call it) or give them the option to swing it like a staff (little john and robin hood on the log comes to mind here :mrgreen: ) for offence and parry or something for defence?

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 19 Mar 2010 07:03

Unless another wizard takes over, it's not going to get any better. Navarre is too busy to work on it so his ideas of magic arrows (fire, ice, poison, etc.) to improve archers are on hold.

I would love the archers the be the masters of hit and run. A rapid fire special, dodge bonus, and magic arrows would be incredible. Perhaps a higher critical chance would draw more people into the guild.

-b

Gub
Adventurer

Post by Gub » 19 Mar 2010 22:48

Yeah this guild has a ton of potential. I was really hoping mattack would work with a bow. I'm looking forward to seeing the guild finished.

Elita
Apprentice

Post by Elita » 20 Mar 2010 00:17

Not to mention that it could be a good supliment to another guild that also lacks special, atleast offensive one. Forcing most of them to seek layman options elsewhere. :|

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 20 Mar 2010 01:44

there are occ guilds that lack an offensive special??

interesting.

Elita
Apprentice

Post by Elita » 20 Mar 2010 02:54

Of course that depends on what you call offensive special..... :D

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 20 Mar 2010 03:36

To me Archers was never meant, at least as it was described to me, to be an occupational guild. It was intended to be a laymen guild which can be used nowadays in conjunction with at least 3 guilds, and with a specific bow even members of the RDA can be an archer.

Thornlin is the exact same setup where you can join the occupational version of the guild and get the exact same skill sets, but was intended to be a laymen.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 20 Mar 2010 04:44

I tried to do some research while I was a layman archer to see where the spells and skills we had came from. I really couldn't find anything more than we're super good with a bow.

*shrug*

The best part was having our starting racks strewn about the camp whenever we logged on lol

-B

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/