Isengard

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Re: Isengard

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 25 Mar 2010 17:19

I attacked Isengard years ago just to see what it was like.
I had entered as a friend and don't remember any archers.
I enjoyed the Middel Earth style of npc's hunting and fleeing when hurt.
The nets to stop all movement were scary.

I was alone too. But don't think that I or Rhynox or anyone alone should own groups of enemies.
Big rewarding grinders should be a team affair.

If that was to be a favourite exp ground it would need to offer huge rewards exp/or equipment or ? to make up for the risks.
It is a shame such great work is not more appreciated.

I also used to attack Minas Tirith Gates for fun, where the officers block and the archers rain down from above.
Used to be able to get through a number of sets of guards before the arrows finally forced me away.
I tried it again recently and wasn't able to last for one set.

I guess the changes to the combat system making non special attacks hurt more are what made this less possible?
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Trutblemma
Adventurer

Post by Trutblemma » 25 Mar 2010 20:06

The guards around Minas Tirith and Minas Morgul have been upgraded a bit, guess that happened while you were sleeping.
//Emma's overseer

Chamdin
Wanderer

Post by Chamdin » 29 Mar 2010 10:44

Isengard is really lovely place.I was lurking around there after meeting a person that needed some help.Easy quest I thought,was probably wanderer at the time.
I met an orc,killed him easily.That made me confident enough.
I didnt know at this point that I needed the killed orcs armour to fool others.

The next thing that happened was that I was attacked by 8-10 new orcs,not that small.After meeting Lars I decided to wait a long time before I go back to Isengard.. ;)

After seeing the damage dealt to Rhynox I understand how long a newbie would be alive,if he was lucky enough to come close to the gates.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/