Newbie Tips

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Bromen
Champion

Newbie Tips

Post by Bromen » 01 Apr 2010 11:24

Moneymaking tip

Clean up Kalaman after teams roll through. you can make almost 60 plat an hour during a busy day. :)

-B

Chamdin
Wanderer

Re: Newbie Tips

Post by Chamdin » 01 Apr 2010 11:40

bromen wrote:Moneymaking tip

Clean up Kalaman after teams roll through. you can make almost 60 plat an hour during a busy day. :)

-B

That sounds good indeed! I just dont want to meet Tarax and Alorrana slaughtering,it may be bloody if I have to defend Kalaman from their brutality.... :D ,I think they can pummel me in less than 4 seconds,or so.

Other than that Argos and kretan camp gives well over 45 plats in less than 20 minutes if some friendly Ogre is awake and cleaning the areas. :)

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 01 Apr 2010 13:09

Last edited by Alorrana on 31 Aug 2010 12:57, edited 1 time in total.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 01 Apr 2010 14:48

Heh.. Pulp. :twisted:

Newbie tip:
Go to Cadu the land that time forgot. You can quest from the Mayor and kill the majority of the stuff.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 01 Apr 2010 19:14

Cadu isnt really that good. Many of the quests require you to kill big things that you need to be around great adventurer and above to do, and everything in the castle is pretty hard even for a great adventurer. No, we dont have any place for novice-apprentice players. Sadly.

It amazes me in all these years nobody put up a killing area outside Sparkle for newbies, or even making the Sparkle area somewhat newbie friendly. Even today with all the great new additions and recodes and work to make Sparkle a hub, it still lacks the most basic things. Wonder why that is? Maybe there are some plans brewing for that? I hope so.

I certainly hope some other additions to Sparkle will come soon, now when the old merc camp is closed Sparkle really lacks some basic stuff.

A place to buy food, herbs, basic equipment (light, packs, etc), a smith, and a bank where you can change money. Why on earth cant you change money in Sparkle bank?! I'd like to flog whoever came up with that idea.:) And dont get me started on having "ships on" as default. Thats gotta annoy the hell out of the newbies until the learn (if they ever learn) that you can turn it off. Would love to hear if there are future plans to make Sparkle a little more friendly, and newbie friendly sometime soon?

The hub idea has actually worked, you often run into people in Sparkle which is great. But it just makes it even more annoying Sparkle is in such an unifinished state at the moment...

Anyway, dont wanna complain too much. Just venting what annoys me every day as a mortal. And I am not even a newbie...:)

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 01 Apr 2010 19:57

Agreed on all points, Cherek.

Additionally I just want to add, perhaps the piers could stretch out both sides of Sparkle, so that there would be more activity in the "main street", rather than just people running from one pier to the next, and never enter the town proper?

Make Sparkle like an X, where there are piers stretching out in 4 different directions, and all connected through the Sparkle "main street".
Yes, it's only a few extra tabs in a certain direction, and yes most people probably won't stop much anyway. But seeing people, is the first step in interaction still, so there might be more of that this way. Especially if new people are still finding their way around Sparkle town, they get to see that the players are actually around, and not just on the "who list". :)
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 01 Apr 2010 20:33

Since many are still lamenting over the changes to the piers.. I would not move them further than they are now. I'd rather just see additions made.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 01 Apr 2010 23:15

I thought the merchants of Kalaman didn't buy wares that used to be owned by the locals of there.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 02 Apr 2010 00:21

Mersereau wrote:I thought the merchants of Kalaman didn't buy wares that used to be owned by the locals of there.
they do. Made 40 plat off of some goblin who didn't loot.

-B

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 02 Apr 2010 02:01

Kitriana wrote:Since many are still lamenting over the changes to the piers.. I would not move them further than they are now. I'd rather just see additions made.
My only complain about the piers (something I already told Gorboth or Petros) is that the newbie piers are on the end of the pier. When was the last time you went to the newbie lines? Most big players use piers 3 to 16, so the newbie piers should be intercalated (a newbie pier instead of Kalaman pier, another instead of Golden Isle, another instead of Cadu, etc. That way a newbie waiting for a ship has more chances of meeting an experienced traveler.
bromen wrote:
Mersereau wrote:I thought the merchants of Kalaman didn't buy wares that used to be owned by the locals of there.
they do. Made 40 plat off of some goblin who didn't loot.

-B
Since DA soldiers used to kill Rockfriend NPCs (which are necessary for Rockfriend members) I asked (and they agreed) the shopkeeper to not buy items from Rockfriend NPCs. I requested something similar for Kalaman too, as well as Gont. The ban for Kalaman was agreed (why would the shopkeeper buy armours from guards that protect the city?), similar to what happened in Pelargir. However, Gont ban was refused since they were corsairs and cared little what they bought or sold.

I guess Navarre or another krynnish wizard lifted the ban.

I still think shopkeepers should pay more for things that are uncommon (for example, selling Gont items in Kalaman should give more money than selling Kalaman items in Kalaman or Gont items in Gont), and that the more items a shopkeeper buys from a type, the less he should pay for it. This would force people to rotate shops (and people would start using shops in far places like Thornlin Militia, Cadu and Thwil).

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/