Acceptable behaviour for guild/area guardians.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Acceptable behaviour for guild/area guardians.

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 02 Apr 2010 17:18

Tried to get into area X yesterday.
The guards smashed my weapons in a jiffy, breaking each with a single blow. Imagine goblin lord x20.
Think that is a bit over the top.

Don't mind being hunted by arriving dragons,
being stunned and not being able to leave for a time etc.
Attacking guild homes etc should be daunting.

I guess what is even more annoying is when you cannot attack at all.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Re: Acceptable behaviour for guild/area guardians.

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 14 Apr 2010 15:58

Seems like most people not interested in attacking guilds these days..
Or at least not interested in discussing things. Meh

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 15 Apr 2010 08:37

Tarax the Terrible wrote:Seems like most people not interested in attacking guilds these days..
Or at least not interested in discussing things. Meh

Imo all guilds should be very attackeable and there should be some sort of reward in doing so, breaking weapons is just silly

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 20 Apr 2010 20:42

Agreed. More guild attacks. Reward for reaching inside an enemy guild is an excellent idea I think.

I think we definitely lack conflicts, most opposing factors seem to be more or less friends these days. Its pretty boring. But I get the feeling alot of players think conflicts and pvp arent something that should be apart of Genesis at all? And thats fine if you're in the neutral guilds, but I find it pretty odd when "warguilds" lack the will to fight their enemies.

Seriously, knights are created to battle Takhisis and her armies. DAs and PoTs want to rule Krynn. One would think thiers guildmembers would share those goals?:)

The pfighting vamps maybe wasnt the best for the game, but it sure is alot more quiet since they closed. I'd like to see knights and DAs/Pot fight, ranger/MM/AA, etc. But a main problem is probably the usual I guess, lack of players and too many guilds that results in inactive guilds. Even if the people in those guilds want to fight eachother there is seldom anyone to fight, or a friend to help you fight.

So adding more ways for people to wage war even without actual players around to battle is great I think. Like attacking guild homes, war areas, etc. I always thought racks should be raidable. But if not that, atleast some kind of reward for breaking into an enemy guild.

Knights and DAs/PoTs seem to treat eachother with respect this days, and have for many years, whats the deal with that? I wouldnt be surprised to see some of the team up for Terel trolls some day...

When I was a knight we would attack AA/DA on sight more or less everyone, or atleast in Krynn...but well those were other times I guess. Anyway, I think the game in general needs wars, conflicts, politics, etc and anything done to aid that is a good change I think.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 21 Apr 2010 05:21

Cherek wrote:Knights and DAs/PoTs seem to treat eachother with respect this days, and have for many years, whats the deal with that? I wouldnt be surprised to see some of the team up for Terel trolls some day...
We are too few to push on war. I already mentioned how I bent my own Rhynox standards because it makes no sense to attack soldiers when they are very few and much smaller than Rhynox. I don't see anything wrong on these mixtures. Ten years ago, with so many around, the game was competitive. Nowadays, with so few, it is cooperative.

Not answering Tarax' original post since I think he exaggerated. Our guards are pretty small and would put under no risk anyone well equipped fighting them. The only thing they can do is break weapons, and I really doubt they can break weapons that are prime that easily.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 21 Apr 2010 08:06

They also neuter people :lol:

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 21 Apr 2010 13:20

Last edited by Alorrana on 31 Aug 2010 11:56, edited 1 time in total.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 21 Apr 2010 13:28

So much for calling it area X...
hahah

Yes it was Iron Delving, After Irk was spotted killing at Haradrims went for a little Payback..
Broke my Bloody Skull club and a couple of others too the bastards.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 21 Apr 2010 17:46

Rhynox: Yup, thats what Ive experienced too. Just nobody around to fight.
Hope the game will become comptetitive again, coop isnt as much fun imho:)

But with less people around, thats where war areas and raidable guild would be handy.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 21 Apr 2010 21:18

Limited warfare is the future.
Groups within the guilds declaring war with terms, leaving those who don't want to fight out of it.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/