Acceptable behaviour for guild/area guardians.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Sharn
Expert

Re: Acceptable behaviour for guild/area guardians.

Post by Sharn » 26 Apr 2010 00:33

Rhynox wrote:Yeah, when I joined the Clan I was the only neidar around at the time because it was in the middle of a RDA/Neidar/Knight war (the last one open war in Krynn) and huge teams would rumble around (I mean, Dionysos, Boroda, Beldin, Mariuz and Hawk, for example). If we could go to the post office in Iron Delving it was because they were wary of our boars and Blizzard (even if Blizzard was smaller than them, vibrato and chop would likely kill at least one of them before they were able to escape).

When the MM/Calia war broke, people stopped playing (and others like Mersereau prefered to leave afraid of dying).

And when the Angmarin reopened? The knights tried to fight back but they were overcame and decided to stop playing (which after some time forced wizards to restore block to them ahead of their balance to give them something to counter the angmarin's power).

I gave the vampire example because it was the closest one, but it has always been this way. When a war opens, small members stop playing.
You keep repeating it over and over...Its angmarim.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 26 Apr 2010 03:23

Just like Gorboth keeps saying Niedar :P

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 26 Apr 2010 03:58

Was one of the reasons I left Calia the MM war? Yes. There were more than a few factors that you don't know about.

Rhynox, unless you are able to read my mind:

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 26 Apr 2010 07:27

I wish this forum was like Facebook and I could "like" Mers's post. :lol:

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 26 Apr 2010 20:24

I also think this is pretty lame..

Code: Select all

You are standing in the marshalling yard in Sanction, where the eager warriors
of the dragonarmies are gathered for deployment. To your east stands a small
stone office building, while before you a board has been posted on a blackened
pole for the amusement of the soldiers as well as to pass directives to them
from their officers.
There are eight obvious exits: northwest, northeast, east, common, discuss,
southwest, south and southeast.
A notice board.
Two powerful human mercenaries and a muscular human mercenary.
> sw

Only members of the dragonarmy may enter the forge!
> s

> se

Put killable guards on duty.

If I kill my way past the annoying guard in Iron Delving I can enter their forge...

The original only DA's allowed room in Sanction was the Common Board.
When Trsitram and Was it Zar?
Anyway they were attacking the guilds and running to common board safe room.
Think that is about the only one there should be.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 26 Apr 2010 21:07

Rhynox wrote:Just like Gorboth keeps saying Niedar :P
:mrgreen: Yeah I like that one too.

Chamdin
Wanderer

Post by Chamdin » 28 Apr 2010 10:54

Cherek wrote:Creed: Then your council should kick out players who start wars without the council backing them up? As Knuffel says, wars are declared between guilds. Individual players cant just go around and wage war against individual players of another guild. I certainly would expect my guildmates to help me out if someone decided to declare war on me personally... and I am sure they would.

Some knights fighting and dying while others stand by and watch would be incredibly silly in my opinion. But hey, its not my guild. I doubt many guilds would accept "partial" wars though... I certainly hope they dont.

As Ive always said, if you really dislike pfighting, join a guild where you dont have to risk getting drawn into a fight. There are plenty of options for that. Knights/DAs/Ranger/Calians etc who complaing when their natural enemies kills them is pretty weird if you ask me...

(Speaking in general here,not targeting you personally Creed).

So pkfighting should determine your choice of guild?

When I joined the realms some months ago I did it because a friend made some good PR for this place.
Of course he made good PR for the guild he was in,the guild I felt like I wanted to join no matter what.

I joined the knights,and as a squire/wanderer I got smacked by a legend AA/templar layman.
Him being a natural enemy justifies that kill you mean?

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 28 Apr 2010 11:55

knuffel wrote:
War
Pronunciation: \ˈwȯr\
Function: noun
Usage: often attributive
Etymology: Middle English werre, from Anglo-French werre, guerre, of Germanic origin; akin to Old High German werra strife; akin to Old High German werran to confuse
Date: 12th century
Definition: A state of usually open and declared armed hostile conflict between states or nations

How can individuals declare war on other individuals ?
Even here in the lands of Genesis I always thought war is declared between Guild Councils and not mere individuals.

For sure the mortal act of one or more individuals can be the spark for a war, but it is the Guilds or Alliances that declare a war, and I must agree with Cherek it sounds most amuzing to have a war between some knights and some DA, where the rest of those guilds are in a state of peace.

That I would call a conflict :mrgreen:

Just my copper.
K.

Semantics.
A guild isn't a state or nation it is a faction.
There can be factions within factions.
Factions across other factions.
Like the hornblowers was it.. A group of hobbits from different guilds who declared war on people/guilds.

War vs Conflict. "I declare Confilct on you and your allies" doesn't have the same ring to it now does it..

So if Rhynox feels that he has to walk the line to prevent smaller Neidars being blitzed in a Total War.
I know there are other guild leader who feel the same way.

Limited war, fought to certain conditions is an alternative.

So say a Faction within the Neidars is ready willing and able to fight.
If they can find another faction to oppose them and both agree to limited conflict they can fight away and leave the pacifists out of it.
That is the future.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 28 Apr 2010 12:09

Chamdin wrote:So pkfighting should determine your choice of guild?

When I joined the realms some months ago I did it because a friend made some good PR for this place.
Of course he made good PR for the guild he was in,the guild I felt like I wanted to join no matter what.

I joined the knights,and as a squire/wanderer I got smacked by a legend AA/templar layman.
Pfighting determining the choice of guild, to an extent yes.. It would be advisable for it to influence the decision at least.
As joining certain guilds paints a target on your back for others.

In terms of justifying that particular kill. I doubt the attacker cared about justifying his actions
It does not legitimise the reason you where attacked, but on the other hand it makes it less of a surprise.

I am glad that you were not put off and continue to play in the same guild.
When you are a wanderer you don't really loose much dying but different people take it different ways.
When I was growing I was fearless until passing titan, because I had myth and legend friends and could recover quickly.
(And that is on the old hardcore recovery system)

Hope next time someone bigger attacks you you can lead them into a death trap and get some revenge.

Chamdin
Wanderer

Post by Chamdin » 28 Apr 2010 14:32

Tarax the Terrible wrote:
Chamdin wrote:So pkfighting should determine your choice of guild?

Pfighting determining the choice of guild, to an extent yes.. It would be advisable for it to influence the decision at least.
As joining certain guilds paints a target on your back for others.

In terms of justifying that particular kill. I doubt the attacker cared about justifying his actions
It does not legitimise the reason you where attacked, but on the other hand it makes it less of a surprise.

I am glad that you were not put off and continue to play in the same guild.
When you are a wanderer you don't really loose much dying but different people take it different ways.
When I was growing I was fearless until passing titan, because I had myth and legend friends and could recover quickly.
(And that is on the old hardcore recovery system)

Hope next time someone bigger attacks you you can lead them into a death trap and get some revenge.
Hehehe! I talk for myself now,I do not mind meeting Lars for a tea party,in the realms death is a part of my learning process,and with the new Death recovery system it isnt a big issue at all.
However,the knowledge you have entering the realms as a total newbie is very limited.You have to rely on the kindness of the more experienced player to be able to get around.To make any progress.
With that limited knowledge I had I must admit that I was rather naive,thinking that my newbie pin was a badge of security.It was a rather brutal awakening I have to say.. ;-)

I am not fearless yet,just brave enough to not wet my pants meeting the mentioned individual now.
I however try to stay close to the guild when I see his name show up on my who list,which I regret,but there is no point in letting him kill me again.
Unfourtunately I dont have that many Legend/myth friends to run around with,I had one among Monks but he changed to AA so... ;-)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/