Acceptable behaviour for guild/area guardians.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Chamdin
Wanderer

Re: Acceptable behaviour for guild/area guardians.

Post by Chamdin » 21 Apr 2010 21:29

Tarax the Terrible wrote:Limited warfare is the future.
Groups within the guilds declaring war with terms, leaving those who don't want to fight out of it.

Limited warfare?

I wonder if we shouldnt create a Gladiator Arena in that case as limited warfare will be very limited... :-)

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 21 Apr 2010 22:02

There is an arena in Tyr Chamdin ;) Used to have melee there pretty regularly when an Arena overseer was actively doing his job. Was fun... I only participated in a few as many guilds have restrictions on participation but even people who didn't participate went and watched.

Chamdin
Wanderer

Post by Chamdin » 21 Apr 2010 22:38

Ilrahil wrote:There is an arena in Tyr Chamdin ;) Used to have melee there pretty regularly when an Arena overseer was actively doing his job. Was fun... I only participated in a few as many guilds have restrictions on participation but even people who didn't participate went and watched.

That sounds like the place to have the wars then,as it may end up being one or two opposing each others.. :-)

We can even have the Overseer watching the fight acting like a Judge.
That way noone has to die to much.. ;-)

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 21 Apr 2010 22:51

The problem with the arena is that a lot of guilds suffered nerfs after players participated in it. Whether it was directly related to what was shown as skills in the arena or if the nerfs were already in the process is debatable but it drove most of the elite guilds to no participation rules in them due to it.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 22 Apr 2010 07:11

Ilrahil wrote:They also neuter people :lol:
Oh, yeah, several dragonarmy soldiers spent like a month as neuter goblins after attacking our guild 8-)

I think breaking weapons is a nice tradeback. Otherwise all guilds would have copy/paste guards. And truth be told, there isn't much to raid in Iron Delving, our biggest NPC is hero (contrary to the knights who got like five or six champions-myths).

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 22 Apr 2010 07:31

Ilrahil wrote:The problem with the arena is that a lot of guilds suffered nerfs after players participated in it. Whether it was directly related to what was shown as skills in the arena or if the nerfs were already in the process is debatable but it drove most of the elite guilds to no participation rules in them due to it.
BS.
The Admin have access to look at and test the abilities any day they feel like it. I know you live in a perpetual Admin-conspiracy state, but come on.
The reason why self-proclaimed "elite" guilds don't often participate, is that you are giving your opponents and by-standers knowledge about your abilities, and thus giving outsiders an advantage against you.
"They fear what they don't understand" is a doctrine that many adhere to, and it makes sense. If you don't know what you are up against, you cannot predict the outcome as easily, which may make you think twice about engaging. Also it is harder to prepare for something you don't quite know how is going to play out.

So there are plenty of good non-conspiracy-theorist reasons why people don't want to participate in Arena battles with an audience.
Ofcourse for those that have access to wiz-info, all this secrecy is for nothing...
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 22 Apr 2010 12:18

On the Arena...
The truth is somewhere in-between.
The admin and more particularly the AoB team should already know what goodies people got.
And have an idea how much relative power it gives them, they may not understand/have predicted all permutations but have a good idea.

Where the nerf comes in is when the ignorant masses of general players find out..
Situations like say I am an Immortal sized Gladiator/Merc/DA (free to join guilds) and a much smaller member of (elite) guild X destroyed me in seconds!!
Its the players who end up crying for the nerfs not the wizards.

But this is a tactic that seems to work, the same as if you keep pushing and pushing the PR that your guild is underpowered and you are more likely to get an upgrade.

Tried to bite my tongue but can't!
Neidars! All we ever hear from them is how sucky they are, yet they have produced more monster sized myths than any guild I can think of.
Seen a champ Neidar beating up 2 titan DAs without breaking a sweat.
They were good before and they got pumped in their upgrade. Shame the Dragon Armies didn't have their press officer.

On the Guild Guardians...
Just like Rhynox says I exaggerate about their area guardians breaking weapons. Its PR spin...
Actually no I don't. Rhynox likes that they break them, hey why not.
Apart from it is an quite unique special in the game, and much more powerful than the other versions.
One Hit break everytime. Much Different to Goblin Lord.
Firing repeatedly no warning, just smack weapon gone.
This pint size peck guard is behaving like a Nazgul.. Only MUCH MORE frequently..
You attack and uber foe your expect to encounter problems like that.
Attack a puny guard you don't. Sure he might summon an uber foe to help etc..

So pyshco guards are okay whats the problem with that? Its only nasty people want to go there anyway...
Actually NO, this was a little bit of fun and roleplay. Irk attacks Harradrim, I don't go and attack Irk, or better still Gank Mega...
I don't start whining emails, with guild councils. Or complaining to wizards, hey make Oliphaunts autohunting death machines.
Make the Harradrim unkillable!!
No I head over to his guild area to kill a few npcs, waiting for them to alert him which mine don't, leave a few corpses and run off cackling.
But bang bang bang all weapons gone.
Also seen people there before not get weapons broke but get movement stuns.
Wow this is for the town not even the guild halls not that the halls had uber guards...
Now I have got in in the past btw I am not saying it is impossible just pretty ridiculous behaviour for a handful of pecks.

And I hope the neutering is a late April fools joke? I can't image much more unacceptable behaviour!
If Neidar guards can Neuter, it should be balanced by any Neidar you fight being able keep them alive and make them into your S&M gimp when you win.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 22 Apr 2010 21:26

Makfly call it BS if you want to, like I said it could be directly affiliated to the tournaments or the nerfs could be in the making. If you plan on dissecting a note of mine into a conspiracy theory maybe you should read the entire thing thoroughly.

Tarax good points but I can see Rhynox's side as well. Just need to get creative with non breaking weapons... Try the rose from Sybarus :shock:

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 23 Apr 2010 04:58

I am somewhat baffled by Tarax' comments. I mean, if he wants to raid our guild, he can do that. Just bring spare weapons. They don't even need to be uber weapons, just like you just carry forged weapons when you attack the nazgul. You just need a different approach to fight them. I can't just brute force myself into any place, and I don't complain about that.

Regarding monster myths, Barin and Irk grew because they partnered themselves with a calian (which is the right way to grind for neidars). Unfortunately the evil guilds don't have that much of a chance (they are all good damagers, so they don't need partners when grinding, and grow slower than goodies). I could say Rhynox is this big because it was bound to happen with a character that is over 1000 days old. Even if you get only a slight per login, the sheer amount of time spent around justified that.

The balance did something we had needed for a good while. Since I joined the neidars, I could count the number of times we were updated (adding the brewery, removing the brewery, increasing our appraisal enemy skill, and a couple more modifications to our exile system, increasing the volume of our chest, etc). The neidar were a guild that didn't do much damage, and didn't stand too much damage. Our special was rather slow (30 second per attack), using them fatigued us (we couldn't handle battles longer than five minutes before going extremely exhausted, which was pretty often when fighting bigger things with our speed and damage), and because of dexerity we got hit in every attack, making us worse tankers than any guild with an evasion skill. The balance gave us a meaning. We no longer need the best equipment in Genesis to become good tankers. We are still slow, do less damage and miss a lot, but at least we can stand in battle far longer and, eventually, win. Myths have it easy, but small neidars have a rough time grinding alone.

Maybe Gorboth should post a list again of pkills. The neidar clan has never been good at it because we cannot trap enemies and we cannot do massive damage fast enough before they wimp out. I mentioned Gorboth that, whenever someone wanted to kill a neidar, he should ask "Do we have enough firepower?" just like you say "Do we have enough magic protection?" when you are going to fight a mage or priest, or "Do we have enough kukos?" when going to fight a ranger. I think all the wizards did an awesome job, because they did it (or the closest to that).

I haven't checked our guards in a good while (the last time I attacked one he killed me), but they haven't been modified from what I heard (at least, if they were we were not informed about that).

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 24 Apr 2010 16:13

Tarax the Terrible wrote:Limited warfare is the future.
Groups within the guilds declaring war with terms, leaving those who don't want to fight out of it.
A group of knights declare war on a group of DAs leaving the rest out of it? You're joking right? Or were you serious?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/