Acceptable behaviour for guild/area guardians.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Re: Acceptable behaviour for guild/area guardians.

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 03 May 2010 13:48

amberlee wrote:
tapakah wrote:In MUD, the fun enemy doesn't play explicitly for a win.
IMHO, of course

My point exactly.
I agree with that to, a "win" can be forcing your enemy to retreat or even just holding your ground before being forced to retreat yourself.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 02 Jun 2010 16:36

Rhynox wrote: I mentioned Gorboth that, whenever someone wanted to kill a neidar, he should ask "Do we have enough firepower?"

NO SHIT!! :shock:

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 02 Jun 2010 16:44

Last edited by Alorrana on 31 Aug 2010 11:57, edited 1 time in total.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 02 Jun 2010 18:02

Alorrana wrote:
but fuck it, im leaving the game.
can i have your stuff ?:P

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 02 Jun 2010 18:17

Alorrana wrote:one dwarf took pounding of 5 BIG guys
who are those BIG guys you're mentioning? afaik NONE of the attackers was even remotely close to size of the attacked stuntie ...

btw. is the AA officially at war with Neidar now? would be nice to know in game if someone wants to stay out of the conflict ... that the AA is very much actively creating 8-)

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 02 Jun 2010 21:23

Too me that looks like someone who leaves because he/she couldnt kill the big bad Neidar and because said neidar broke the sup layman skill block..

Ridiculous...
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Creed

Post by Creed » 02 Jun 2010 21:51

I doubt Alorrana is leaving.

I think that if we go through the threads and see how many times that has been written, we will see that its not a new thing.
So give it a few days, and Alorrana will still/again be around.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Bullet Proof Stuntie

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 03 Jun 2010 01:20

Heh.. Knew someone would take the bait.

I will not go into the actions further than to say Irk attacked an AA yesterday.
5 AA's attacked him today, Alorr said 4 cus one was a mere titan.. (Oldschool jump them in numbers the next day stuff)
He was also tanking 3 trolls at the time.

Laurel, no myth is _that_ big compared to legends not even Xar, 2 legends with same skills can usually own any myth, 3 champs the same deal..
Sure 1 may die first but big swings away from that is guild abilities, tactics, equipment & luck. You know stats are not the be all and end all in Gen.

All in all it was more funny than something I would get annoyed about.
Everyone else remained FVW its just that we tried what we thought was overkill and had a Jaws "We are going to need a bigger boat!" moment..

I certainly wouldn't quit over it..
It could be the straw that broke the camels back type deal...
Or just an excuse to go off on a rant.
Hope when the dust settles we don't loose anyone from the game over a bit of fun.

The balance is not an issue. No AA expects any changes to come from this, will just play the hand that's dealt. (And get a bigger boat!)

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 03 Jun 2010 04:44

Get a bigger gun :D
Truth be told AA never has been and probably never will be a good damage dealing guild :)

Now as for Irk.. he is in fact one of the biggest people in the donut.
Also in adition to that he has dwarf con..
And probably also had superior gear. (MBP, thick platemail, skull, silva or blackened kite-shield)
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Rhynox
Titan

Re: Bullet Proof Stuntie

Post by Rhynox » 03 Jun 2010 05:40

First of all, I haven't been in Genesis for a while (besides the awful equipment system, my home computer broke and until I buy a new one I will only use it via Live CD, and at work I installed Windows 7 and discovered MudMaster 2000 can't run on it since it can write the windows registries and keeps asking me to install it correctly), so I am going to give a few clarifications from what I read.
Tarax the Terrible wrote:I will not go into the actions further than to say Irk attacked an AA yesterday.
Fair enough, there are some AA that are open game for us after attacking us. Can't say who, though, but I can say the AA has been really pursuing their luck lately.
Tarax the Terrible wrote:5 AA's attacked him today, Alorr said 4 cus one was a mere titan.. (Oldschool jump them in numbers the next day stuff)
He was also tanking 3 trolls at the time.
Not bad, looks like I need to get back in the game to start spanking AAs with rangers!
Tarax the Terrible wrote:Laurel, no myth is _that_ big compared to legends not even Xar, 2 legends with same skills can usually own any myth, 3 champs the same deal..
You have never fought him, right? When Lindros ambushed him in a boat, his champion partner didn't dare assist him. And yes, there are huge myths. Dionysos is a pretty huge myth that could take a legend without sweat. Freya too, and probably Bildor as well.
Tarax the Terrible wrote:Sure 1 may die first but big swings away from that is guild abilities, tactics, equipment & luck. You know stats are not the be all and end all in Gen.
Agreed. Size doesn't mean that much, though, it is all about skills. Two neidar myths must spend half an hour to kill Ashburz, but I am sure a couple of champion shadow union warriors can take him down before either is too damaged. Not even talking about magical guilds.
Tarax the Terrible wrote:All in all it was more funny than something I would get annoyed about.
That should be the important. Just like when we attack Lindros or Aquila not expecting to kill them, it is just a justified attack where, unless something unexpected happens like losing link or finding someone robotting, chances are that everyone will end up alive. After all, in wars only the small members die.

Alorrana complained that Irk broke their block. Well, duh, she should have tried it some more. You will always break the block, no matter your size. It is not supposed to keep you there, just delay your exit. The more blocking, the longer the block lasts, but it doesn't mean that it is indefinite. Otherwise, five shielders slamming you one after the other should keep you stunned forever.

And I haven't compared myself to Irk in a while, but he was pretty close to Rhynox' size. The main difference, though, is that I focused in dexterity for quite a lot of time (in fact, Rhynox is the only dwarf with supreme dexterity in the game) while he put all that experience in constitution instead (I am sure he has the highest constitution in game, even above Xar).

Sometimes I miss the drama, but looks like there is enough without me already (^0^) Alorrana's partner (can't remember the ogre/bda's name right now) already left because of pissing off, so she may end up leaving as well. However....
Alorrana wrote:Balance.. Balance my ass.. Goodbye!
Obligatory http://meatballwiki.org/wiki/GoodBye link.

If you want to leave for good, you just disappear. Shouting and complaining means you need some time to calm down, something different from, say, opening notepad, pushing random letters in the keyboard without seeing the characters, copying the result, closing notepad, getting into the game, changing password for whatever is inside your clipboard, and then quitting.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/