Hardcore Characters

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Re: Hardcore Characters

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 10 Apr 2010 13:31

I liked the idea then and still like it now.
I created a character back at that time, following the note on the general board.
I thought that I would but "hard" in all the names, cus I would be bound to loose him sooner or later.

The character I created was Hard + One ie Hardone
Gorboth with his dirty mind arrived down and told me the name had to go because it was too British humour carry on style risqué :lol:
So he was deleted within a day never to return.. Hardcore man, F'ing Hardcore.

I like the idea much more in theory than in practice..
Having to do a bunch of quests again to grow sucked.
My hardcore character ended up never leaving the newbie area.

For me it would have much more appeal if the hardcore character created was like a character a wizard gets on a wizday.
Starting off a decent size with very nice skills.
But cap the size they can grow to as well.

The characters life could be short so waiting to join a guild etc is all the more annoying.
I would say that they could join a predetermined group of guilds with no wait.
Or not have any guild at all just their own unique specials.

So to create a hardcore char register a first.
The size of your first bands the size of hardcore created. small medium up to large (expert or so.)
Ie a newb can't sudenly use it to try expert sized fun.
NO Quests possible.

Some people might like this as the insta second generator... You want to try the SU create a hardcore char try it they die all well.
Some may just enjoy the RP knowing that death is final influencing the decisions more.

I would enjoy it for the challenge and guild wars.
(The characters are essentially newbs so you not going to worry about throwing them into war as much as your uber myth..)
Trying to blaze a legacy for the character in the short time they have.

I guess I see them as ideal pawns for guild wars.
Its not might fault everything comes back to war, I have abused by ganking wizards on a wizday once too often.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/